Independent Video Game resellers

IntroPhenom

I did a quick search or two, and didn't find a similar thread, but imagine one might exist, and half expect this to be closed...

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing about video game resellers that aren't Gamestop, similar to the Wizards place featured in the video below.  I don't know of any near me, but haven't done much checking around, to be honest.  (Though I do have a major city near me, and will post any I find.)

I'd be hard to recommend any for you, without knowing what town or city you live near (and I don't recommend giving that info out carelessly online).  Outside of the bigger chains like Gamestop, the smaller/independent game shops are typically more local establishments.

The only one I know the name of near me is called Oogie Games.  It's an alright place, but I typically prefer Gamestop.  The trade value typically isn't any better at Oogie, and there are enough bonuses to buying/trading games at Gamestop to make the whole thing more appealing.  I'm too cheap to help out the little guy in this case.

Edited by Dreakon13

52 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd be hard to recommend any for you, without knowing what town or city you live near (and I don't recommend giving that info out carelessly online).  Outside of the bigger chains like Gamestop, the smaller/independent game shops are typically more local establishments.

The only one I know the name of near me is called Oogie Games.  It's an alright place, but I typically prefer Gamestop.  The trade value typically isn't any better at Oogie, and there are enough bonuses to buying/trading games at Gamestop to make the whole thing more appealing.  I'm too cheap to help out the little guy in this case.

I've been to those. I don't really care for them. I can get the games much cheaper online then what they usually have in stock. It's not worth the hour or so drive to get there

I depends where you live I guess. I live in the UK, we don't have Gamestop, instead we have a store called GAME which is similar (a game chain store that's overpriced). As for independents, we don't really have any although there are a lot of trade in stores that sell used games like CeX, and then regular electronic stores and toy stores like Argos, PC World etc.

I came across a few Retro game stores though, I remember a really good store called Rage in Dublin in Ireland that sold everything from the Japanese versions of Pokemon blue and FF7 right up to recent PS4 games. But most people here buy online on sites like shopto, amazon etc. so gaming stores are limited to the big boy chains unfortunately. 

In AZ, we have a local chain called Fallout Games and when I was in college, I use to go to Flashback Games when I was in college.
Additionally, there are different used media stores that carry a lot more than video games. There's Bookmans, which focuses mostly on books. There's also Zia, which focuses more on music and movies, and apparently has a couple locations in South NV. And there's also Half-Price Books, focus which has locations in various states.

Thanks, everyone.  I wasn't too focused on finding stores nearby, just stores in general.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll take a road trip some day and hunt for some old games.

@Dreakon13 Caution is smart when fiddling around online, true.  I was hoping for general statements, like: 'In Chicago, there's Crazy Clubber's Game Lounge, and it's great!'  Or something.  (I made that store up, for the record...)