How to get Job hopper

GTA_Darren

There are few people message me and ask me how to unlock Job hopper. This trophy can't be unlocked if you patch your game, it doesn't matter which patch you have. In order to earn this trophy, you must not update your game. If you update it and make some progress already, back up your save file and reinstall the game from your disc. Also, making sure you delete all of your save files. Otherwise, you might run into save version not match issue when you launch the game.

Now start a new career on easy, finish the tutorial and complete at least 1 job from each farmers (total 5 of them) to unlock Job hopper. After that you can update your game with the latest patch and load your save file back. It is actually easier to complete a job with the latest patch.

This means you should avoid digital copy for now since you need original disc to unlock the trophy. Hope this help those who struggle with Job hopper.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

I bought the digital version as well. I know my library has a physical copy. Could I delete the digital version and load my save after plugging in the physical disc without patching it?

You might run into save version not match issue, you will get black screen when you launch game. Just back it up and star new career for this trophy.

11 minutes ago, GTA_Darren said:

You might run into save version not match issue, you will get black screen when you launch game. Just back it up and star new career for this trophy.

That was the other option I was going to try. Finish career mode trophies getting all other trophies then start new game from disc version.

Sounds like I should be able to clear it off my backlog one way or the other.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I played it today. I have $338.000. I need new jobs. The jobs that appear at all 5 farmers are only Plow and Sow and I need to bring the equipment. I bought de plow and it don't plow the area marked for the job.

So I'll wait to new jobs until I can buy seeds and sow with my equipment.

8 minutes ago, Melston2010 said:

I played it today. I have $338.000. I need new jobs. The jobs that appear at all 5 farmers are only Plow and Sow and I need to bring the equipment. I bought de plow and it don't plow the area marked for the job.

So I'll wait to new jobs until I can buy seeds and sow with my equipment.

For the job, I try to avoid most jobs which require my own equipment unless it is watering. You can go back to your house and save the game to let the time past by. After few days there will be new jobs available. If you want to unlock those money related trophies, just pay attention to those random sales event. Buy the sales item and sell it right the way to make profit. In 2+ hours you should get all the money related trophies.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

For the last while I’ve had a few people ask about how to get job hopper. 

a lot of people are saying that it’s glitched up for them. First things first, I’m playing on a PS4 PRO, and I brought the digital copy of the game months ago when it was on sale for like 90c.

i had played a little bit of career to learn some of the basics (but it was boring so I started a game in the free play). I did all the trophies you can get in the free play mode. Then I deleted all the save files (including the career I had started to learn the basics). Then I began a new career mode. Did the tutorial missions. Took out enough of a loan to rent without going bankrupt. Rented trucks to leave at every job board (so I could fast travel to each of them). Then just started doing jobs for farmers.

Then I just did the jobs that the farmers supplied vehicles/equipment for me, I never brought my own stuff. I’d just work a few jobs for a few farmers, then I’d rest. Any money I earned was put back onto the loan keeping enough cash to cover the next days rent. I’m pretty sure I had paid off what was owed to the bank from my renting at the start. After doing about 7-8 jobs per farmer (with in game sleeps between) finally the last farmer who had no jobs available had some jobs appear on his board.

I’ve had a few mates do the same technique and it worked for them (again digital version and playing on the PRO). 

HOWEVER:

A friend did the buy/sell glitch for money and it didn’t work for him. 

And another wasn’t doing the bank repayments and it didn’t work for him either. 

Wether or not that has something to do with it, I can’t say for sure. That’s the way I got it to work for me. For those it didn’t work for, if they deleted their save file and started from scratch it seemed to fix the problem if they followed along. But doing it as I suggested seems to work for the few I know...

If it doesn’t work for you, try deleting your save and trying again. It worked for the guy who had done the buy/sell glitch.

hopefully this helps some people get this very sought after trophy. 

• Like 2