Blackmist_FFXI

Lone wolf wizzard breaks the game

12 posts in this topic

 So a buddy and i have been re-running act 1 over and over. Finding new things every time. 

 

But after playing a 2hand neco build w there hydro character and feeling unstoppable - litterly leaching back all damage taken each turn.

 

We decided todo a wizzard undead run.

 

Oh my god, makes explorer/tatical mode feel like story mode..

 

 One undead fire and thunder ( lv4. 28 intelligence 3 thunder / 6 pyro) already dealing avg. 50 dmg a spell.

 

There geo/hydro same stats

 

 We are melting everything

 Some encounters such as the guy in the. Dungeon for fanes story.

 

Gave me a hard time w my 2hand user ( thou 55acc an 0 2hnd wpn skill was to blame)  took bout 25- mins ta kill him and all there minnions.

 

 

 With this mage build.

 

Litterly 2shot everything cleaned it up in under 8 min..

 

 

 So...

With that said.

 

 What have you found to be a rather OP build for divinity 2. In its glorious early access. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lone Wolf archer is brokenly overpowered as well in Divinity 2.

 

Actually, Lone Wolf in general makes the game a lot easier.

 

Edited by Griffon234
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

 So a buddy and i have been re-running act 1 over and over. Finding new things every time. 

 

But after playing a 2hand neco build w there hydro character and feeling unstoppable - litterly leaching back all damage taken each turn.

 

We decided todo a wizzard undead run.

 

Oh my god, makes explorer/tatical mode feel like story mode..

 

 One undead fire and thunder ( lv4. 28 intelligence 3 thunder / 6 pyro) already dealing avg. 50 dmg a spell.

 

There geo/hydro same stats

 

 We are melting everything

 Some encounters such as the guy in the. Dungeon for fanes story.

 

Gave me a hard time w my 2hand user ( thou 55acc an 0 2hnd wpn skill was to blame)  took bout 25- mins ta kill him and all there minnions.

 

 

 With this mage build.

 

Litterly 2shot everything cleaned it up in under 8 min..

 

 

 So...

With that said.

 

 What have you found to be a rather OP build for divinity 2. In its glorious early access. 

 

My god the grammar here, I can barely understand it. I'm no grammar professional but jesus...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

 

My god the grammar here, I can barely understand it. I'm no grammar professional but jesus...

 

I think it's one of the most beautiful free-verse poems I've ever read

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's a "Lone Wolf"? Is that basically just yourself running through the game without companions?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

What's a "Lone Wolf"? Is that basically just yourself running through the game without companions?

 

No. "Lone Wolf" is a talent that you can choose that provides a ton of benefits (more Action Points, more vitality, etc..), but it only works when your party only consists of 1 or 2 members. Usually you can have up to 4 characters in your party. 

Edited by Arcesius
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

 

No. "Lone Wolf" is a talent that you can choose that provides a ton of benefits (more Action Points, more vitality, etc..), but it only works when your party only consists of 1 or 2 members. Usually you can have up to 4 characters in your party. 

 

I'm an archer class in every RPG that I play. I've read that this class is OP in this game. Is it or has it been nerfed?

Edited by MrTacoNinja
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 7:52 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

 

I'm an archer class in every RPG that I play. I've read that this class is OP in this game. Is it or has it been nerfed?

Archer is good in the early and midgame. If you want OP I'd say necro has some of the most busted combos that exist. Apotheosis is the key to getting broken builds though so once you get level 16 I think you can start destroying everything. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apotheosis?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 6:52 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

 

I'm an archer class in every RPG that I play. I've read that this class is OP in this game. Is it or has it been nerfed?

 

It's a bit weak at first, but after while it gets to be pretty OP. The are so many damages bonuses you can stack with an archer that can literally burst enemies down in one turn once you know what you are doing.

 

10 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Apotheosis?

 

The most powerful skills in the game use what is called Source, which is limited until you can refill it. Apotheosis allows you to these Source at no cost. When combo'd with other skills you can wipe battles.

 

Dude, just play the game already. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pathtoninja said:

It's a bit weak at first, but after while it gets to be pretty OP. The are so many damages bonuses you can stack with an archer that can literally burst enemies down in one turn once you know what you are doing.

 

 

Gotcha.

 

 

56 minutes ago, pathtoninja said:

The most powerful skills in the game use what is called Source, which is limited until you can refill it. Apotheosis allows you to these Source at no cost. When combo'd with other skills you can wipe battles.

 

 

Good to know. Apotheosis it is than.

 

 

56 minutes ago, pathtoninja said:

Dude, just play the game already. 

 

Dude... I will. I have 2 games ahead of this one though. In the meantime I'm just gathering all the information I can so I'm better prepared because I plan on doing it all in one run. Thank you fellow ninja!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.