Mission Mode

Some advice since I just passed this and wished I'd had a good list of where to start and what to expect. 

MISSIONS TO SKIP:
Morrigan 10, Dante 10, Chun-Li 10, C. Viper 10, Jill 10, Strider 10, Firebrand 10, Captain America 10, Deadpool 10, Dr. Doom 10, Super Skrull 10, Spider-Man 10, X-23 9 &10, Phoenix 10, Magneto 9 & 10, Sentinel 10, Shuma Gorath 10, Hawkeye 10.

Missions 1-7 are cake for everyone once you get the game down. As for 8-10 here's my take on difficulty. For most characters their difficulty comes down to the difficulty of their hardest single mission. 

Easiest to complete:
Arthur, Hsien-ko (except 9), Frank West, Nemesis (except 9), Hulk, Ghost Rider, Akuma (his look scary but are easy in the end)

Easier than I expected:
Ryu, Amaterasu, Zero, Virgil, Phoenix Wright (with Hold it! trick for #9), Iron Man, Nova, Dr. Strange, Trish, Haggar (memorize everything except the 2nd headbutt first, then when you learn it you'll get the combo), Thor, MODOK (idk what the fuss is about on his 9, but thats just my experience), Storm (look at the input string for the middle part as one fluid movement and 9 becomes much easier)

Very difficult for me but I passed eventually:
Chris (Air Gun H is the hardest TK in the game for me), Viewtiful Joe (I almost gave up on his 8 and 10 SOOO many times), Tron, Wesker, Spencer, Dormammu, Rocket Raccoon, Felicia (9 kick at the end was a fluke, 10's not bad with x-factor), Wolverine (his 10 was my last. Listen to Vesperarcade's clicking noises as he hits the buttons and recreate that pattern, thats how I got it), She-Hulk (her 10 made me want to punch babies), Taskmaster (best advice for his 10...dont freak out. I was doing it too fast for over an hour, then slowed down a little and got it), Iron Fist (practice practice practice til you can get that standing H. Ironically I had to switch to a Dualshock for this one, it just fit the mission better)

• Like 4

Some advice since I just passed this and wished I'd had a good list of where to start and what to expect. 

MISSIONS TO SKIP:

Morrigan 10, Dante 10, Chun-Li 10, C. Viper 10, Jill 10, Strider 10, Firebrand 10, Captain America 10, Deadpool 10, Dr. Doom 10, Super Skrull 10, Spider-Man 10, X-23 9 &10, Phoenix 10, Magneto 9 & 10, Sentinel 10, Shuma Gorath 10, Hawkeye 10.

Missions 1-7 are cake for everyone once you get the game down. As for 8-10 here's my take on difficulty. For most characters their difficulty comes down to the difficulty of their hardest single mission. 

Easiest to complete:

Arthur, Hsien-ko (except 9), Frank West, Nemesis (except 9), Hulk, Ghost Rider, Akuma (his look scary but are easy in the end)

Easier than I expected:

Ryu, Amaterasu, Zero, Virgil, Phoenix Wright (with Hold it! trick for #9), Iron Man, Nova, Dr. Strange, Trish, Haggar (memorize everything except the 2nd headbutt first, then when you learn it you'll get the combo), Thor, MODOK (idk what the fuss is about on his 9, but thats just my experience), Storm (look at the input string for the middle part as one fluid movement and 9 becomes much easier)

Very difficult for me but I passed eventually:

Chris (Air Gun H is the hardest TK in the game for me), Viewtiful Joe (I almost gave up on his 8 and 10 SOOO many times), Tron, Wesker, Spencer, Dormammu, Rocket Raccoon, Felicia (9 kick at the end was a fluke, 10's not bad with x-factor), Wolverine (his 10 was my last. Listen to Vesperarcade's clicking noises as he hits the buttons and recreate that pattern, thats how I got it), She-Hulk (her 10 made me want to punch babies), Taskmaster (best advice for his 10...dont freak out. I was doing it too fast for over an hour, then slowed down a little and got it), Iron Fist (practice practice practice til you can get that standing H. Ironically I had to switch to a Dualshock for this one, it just fit the mission better)

I just need 1.80% to get all done. I need jills 10, dante 9 and shuma 10 and some other ones.

Good luck Tenchu, you can do it! Btw you're going for all 500 instead of just the 480?

I got the plat ages ago. im going for full 500 missions :)

I just need jills 9, dante's 9, shuma's 10, x 23 9 and10 , phoenix 10 and dead pools 10 and thats it i believe  :rolleyes:

Edited by TENCHU_REPPA

I got the plat ages ago. im going for full 500 missions :)

I just need jills 9, dante's 9, shuma's 10, x 23 9 and10 , phoenix 10 and dead pools 10 and thats it i believe  :rolleyes:

You got it, I'm sure you can do X-23 on your own but here's a couple of tips. With #9 make sure that when doing the assist that it's mid screen making it much easier to connect the super. If the opponent is in corner it's much harder. With # 10 just do it in X-factor. 

You got it, I'm sure you can do X-23 on your own but here's a couple of tips. With #9 make sure that when doing the assist that it's mid screen making it much easier to connect the super. If the opponent is in corner it's much harder. With # 10 just do it in X-factor. 

ok i'll do that

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just got 500/500 missions. Decided to play umvc3. In 4 or 5 hrs i got my remaining 6 missions that i needed. Now i have all missions done for both mvcs. The missions were very easy and fun. Some missions were better with the x factor like phoenixs and x 23's #10. Edited by TENCHU_REPPA

I just got 500/500 missions. Decided to play umvc3. In 4 or 5 hrs i got my remaining 6 missions that i needed. Now i have all missions done for both mvcs. The missions were very easy and fun. Some missions were better with the x factor like phoenixs and x 23's #10.

Nice I still have yet to get all 500 missions done on umvc3 but did do some a while ago that I never could before. Glad I was able to help x-23 10. 

• 1 year later...

Map for directional numbers:

10440193_f260.jpg

Take a look at this pic when I write something like 236 H.

Update: added a rough, personal classification from hardest char to easiest on the way for this trophy.

Part 1: Marvel.

-----------------------------------------------

Hardest: Magneto.

Hard: X-23, Wolverine, Super Skrull, Dr.Doom, Phoenix.

Medium-Hard: Sentinel, Deadpool, Taskmaster, Iron Fist, Iron Man.

Medium: Captain America, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Storm, MODOK, Thor.

Medium-Easy: Rocket Racoon, Nova

Easy: Dormammu, She-Hulk, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange.

The main purpose of this post is to hopefully bring some advices for this mode, especially since DLC is no more, which makes the difficulty spike somehow. I'll be updating and editing it after clearing a certain mission and for characters whom I personally find difficult and/or lacks some advice on the web unless you search harder (this means not every character will have advices. It also applies for Capcom. If you really need help with those trials, which is unlikely due to the amount of info online, PM me):

IMPORTANT: there are certain missions in which the scroller resets even if you connect the hit successfully. I have only ecountered this with Magneto mission 8 so far (when trying to connect his S attack) but I've read there are other chars that have this 'problem'. Probably, the cause of this is that you're pressing the button more than once. As such, the game registers it as an extra hit for some reason. I saw the scroll resetting when I pressed S attack twice. The soluton is simple: find the timing so you can only press it once.

First things first, a couple of general advices: if you are using a Ps3 Controller, I suggest you put the X-Factor inputs for both L1 and R1, as it makes it more practical and easy to pull off.

The second one is the following link:

http://www.youtubeslow.com/

I found both helpful when trying to determine some timings in trials, even on other fighting games. It will slow down the speed of a youtube video so you have a better insight of what's going on.

Update: I found another page that even let's you see it frame by frame if you consider slow-mo not enough: http://rowvid.com/

'Marvel side' advices:

1. Wolverine 10.

The hardest part of this mission is timing the third jump and getting all the 4 consecutive attacks that follow. You need to restrain yourself from doing it all on a rush and wait for Chris to get close to the ground and also, pull off M-attack as soon as you jump, otherwise you won't have time for air S-attack to connect. Also, when you are in the air pulling Fatal Claw, don't wait for the special to finish if Chris is taking damage by your side and use X-factor cancel into diving kick and Weapon-X.

----------------------------------------------------

2. Super Skrull 9:

Hardest part is getting the dash after Stone Smite (charged H). Personally I found mapping the three attack button (which will make you dash) on R1 and using back then down was the easiest solution for this. You need to be very quick to catch Chris with a down H afterwards.

Update: you can also use the common dash to catch Chris, I have finished 10 and found it more practical than R1 solution. Try to practice both for a bit and see which one is more comfortable.

----------------------------------------------------

3. Super Skrull 10:

A video speaks more than millions of words. I found this method to be the easiest:

There are two hard parts for this trial: first one is the second aerial dash, which is basically jumping after S-attack ASAP and air dashing slightly before first one. The second part is cancelling charged down H into Orbital Grunge L. You'll need to time it perfectly and let go of the button ASAP while doing QCF into Orbital to get it done. Rest is piece of cake.

Note: there's no need to leave a certain space between you and Chris as shown on the video. You can get him on the corner and pull off the combo without any trouble.
------------------------------------------------------

4. X-23 9:

Three hard parts on this one:

1-The jump after the first couple aerial attacks: this is imo the hardest out of the three, the timing is very tight for the jump but I found it can be done asap depending on how high Wesker is after the previous inputs. You'll need to be very quick and also memorize the "piano" movement for your fingers. Personally, I tore out my eyes from the screen on this part and focused them on my controller and that seemed to help. If you can't do this, practice a simple aerial combo with these inputs even if S will make QCF useless. If you feel decent at said movement, do all the mission stuff up to this part without throwing Wesker into the air. They're very similar in terms of timings.

2-Assist: annoying part, the timing is VERY strict as you'll have to basically press the assist button at the same time you're doing QCF M, otherwise Magneto won't catch Wesker and the special will whiff.

3-M, H, S to aerial H, 2H: credits to my best bud Zanzarro for this one. It can be tricky for some, easy for others. Bear in mind that air QCF L makes 23 have a small delay before she can attack again. Get used to this delay by whatever means and you should succeed.
------------------------------------------------------

5. X-23 10:

Update: use X-Factor at the beginning. I found it much more easier to connect the following:

After studying Vesper's videos I found the hardest part of this trial to be jump into L, 6323 L ending in 236 L. You have to do all this in a single smooth move. Basically, press forward while jumping and landing L and proceed to do 323 L and one last 236 so you can land the last attack. Also, the tricky part comes when trying to connect standing M afterwards. You'll have to press M asap or else Wesker will recover.

-------------------------------------------------------

6. Magneto 10:

This is the hardest trial I've encountered on this game. First, map X-Factor to both L1 and R1 for secure activation. Then, I found it easy to match the timing for the 6 consecutive dash-cancel attacks if you map H-attack to :square: and L+M (Dash) to :triangle:.

Can't say much else other to practice the flight cancel part (the one that comes after the all the repetitive links) a LOT untill you get it without maintaining forward pressed, then keep at it and focus all your energy and concentration to this trial. It is very tight in timings and you'll most likely spend many hours on this one.

Don't give up, it is not impossible, just very hard if you suck (like me) at knowing when to cancel repetitive links.

7. Captain America 9:

Pretty easy, but connecting the first charging star can be troublesome. It's much better to back away while Iron Man is going at it and pull it off asap.

8. Captain America 10:

There's some serious lack of advice for this trial on the web, especially if you're using controller, but I'll try to cover even the smallest factors that influence in this one:

-First of all, Chun-Li's starting position gives more chance for the first Shield Slash to whiff, so move her a little bit closer to you, now, do NOT move her using dash, merely a little step or two.

-Second, and this is very important: Captain America has two types of H-kicks, and one of them won't let you connect the necessary inputs for the trial, the kick that comes out depends on a very tiny timing and wether you press the H-button or simply tap it. We'll call them "Press-kick" and "Tap-kick" respectively:

I couldn't find an image for the first one, but the difference is noticeable as Captain America's kick is aimed upwards instead of sideways, something similar to this:

5593789242_7477c1c626_b.jpg

On the other hand, this is the "tap kick", or the correct one:

hqdefault.jpg

Notice the difference?

I can't stress enough how important measuring your force applied to the button is. I spent a good chunk of hours trying to figure out why did the input scroll went back to beginning when I had made a successful hit, and this is the reason why. Careful.

A nice and useful piece of advice I found for the timing from Shield-Slash to Final Justice is that you must input the tech as soon as the shield leaves your hand. It is a 1-frame btw so be ready for lots of tries.

Practice each part of the combo indidvidually if it becomes difficult, especially everything that comes before the last air-combo into hyper combos. Jumps, timings, etc. Practice it separately for your muscle memory.

9. Spider-Man 8:

I found it more comfortable to start it from the left side, but this is up to you. Also, it is easier to do every input up to the first Maximun Spider with joystick imo.

The only hard part of this trial is timing the jump into SL attack--->H attack, standing H. First of all, watch vesperarcade's video in slow mo and see the distance at which Spider dude executes the tech. Then, keep forward :left: or :right: and press H ASAP as the timing is almost 1-frame. This way, it will be easier to do 6323H--->H after into the last Maximun-Spider.

10. Spider-Man 10:

First of all, get C-Viper into the corner and be as close as possible to her. This way, you'll have a lenient time to do Air Web Glide-Down Fwd into the other inputs.

Don't freak out! This mission turns out to be easy if you manage to do the 1-frame timing from Web Ball L to Crawler Assault. What I suggest is that you keep forward button pressed after you do Web Ball L so you can execute Crawler Assault faster.

If you're having trouble with X-factor cancel into the last three inputs, practice them separately from Standing H onwards. Now, DO NOT get used to the timing from the part above when you do this. Let me explain: I noticed C-Viper needs more time to recover when she is trapped, and the difference is very noticeable when you begin the mission combo. In other words, even if you see time is lenient, do it as fast as possible to train your muscle memory for the 1 frame.

-----------------------------------------------------

11.Deadpool 10:

Use X-Factor at the beginning and practice the dashes until you get them correctly. Nothing else to say as the rest is mere timing.

12. Phoenix 10:

First of all, don't freak out (again). After Down H you need to wait a tiny bit for the dummy to close the ground then start with Forward H. By the way, the inputs for throwing the fireball as soon as you jump is 23698 L, don't rush it or it might whiff.

As for the last part, you'll need to be very quick for connecting Air H into the fireball. Next, it was much easier to see 236 L into Hyper as one rapid fluid movement, don't hesitate to mash those directionals, especially if you're using D-Pad. Same thing after X-Factor.

Also, Phoenix can Air dash but don't use it, wait for her to touch the ground and use a normal back dash into the last two inputs.

13. Sentinel 10:

After Flight -> L, H and inputting Flight again, you'll need to delay the timing for the next H attack or else Dante will recover before you can land standing S. 

As for 214 L I found the timing easier to cancel it by looking at sentine's hand: a millisecond after he pointed forward, I would press X-Factor and it successfully connected the following attacks. You can also try to look at the first missile's head and you'll know you need to cancel the attack as soon as you get the first glimpse of it. Very strict timing so don't be surprised if you find yourself stuck with it.

Btw be careful after you connect Flight->S attack afterwards. You need to press standing S only once or it will reset the entire combo scroll and send you back at the beginning.

14. Hawkeye 10:

After you launch your oponent upwards for the first time, you'll need to hold both up and back in order for Hawkeye to slowly back away from the opponent while doing the air combo, otherwise you won't be able to connect the second

214 L->M.

Next, after connecting the second ice arrow, you'll need to quickly dash forward into a 3-H -> S, or else the following tech will whiff.

Speaking of the following tech, after you lauch your op. for the second time, it has to be "tiger-kneed":

Instead of the usual 623 (which is normally done on D-Pad as 6323 in fluid motion) you'll need to do it the following way:

632369 ending in :up:.

Or basically, instead of doing the common 23 motion, you do something similar to this (change the direction obviously): motion_rcw.png

15. Dormammu 10:

I didn't see any problem with this mission besides X-factor cancelling as soon as the black hole appears (and hasn't even touched Joe) and delaying your air combo start a bit so you have the necessary time to execute 214 L->214H. The rest is just mere timing imo.

16. Rocket Racoon 9:

Use X-Factor at the beginning to make 6323L connect much more easily.

17. Rocket Racoon 10:

After 6323L->C-H->S delay your M for a bit but as soon as you input it, press S attack or Vergil will recover.

18. She-Hulk 9:

Dunno why, but I found using X-Factor at the beginning was much more comfortable for connecting the assist rockets. Rest is timing.

19. She-Hulk 10:

I felt this was also an easy one. The only hard part I found was that I had to input H->S asap or else 2H wouldn't connect ever. If you struggle with 22H onwards practice that part alone until you get the hang of it. Rest is easy.

20. Taskmaster 10:

This one's difficult. The most annoying part is the L,<-H, 236L loop. What I did was use the joystick and practice the part since <-H with X-Factor on. Also, I found that it's easier to hold back when you do standing L as it'll make the transition to 236L more comfortable.

Strict timings on this loop, so be prepared for lots of tries.

21. Iron Fist 10:

I'd have to disagree with Rebourne on this one. The standing H is not the main timing to master, but the air kick (air H after ->H). First of all, practice everything that comes after the second standing H until you know it by heart (especialy the timing after 214H into 236H). Afterwards, it's time to master the core timing of this trial: you will need to delay the air kick as long as you can without Chris recovering. I suggest you watch Vesper's video and use any link I posted at the beginning to slow it down. The timing to connect this kick is when it is above Chris' head when you reach the peak of your jump. It's a very unusual timing like Captain Anerica's but doable.

It is crucial that you use X-Factor since the beginning as this will make you fall faster and gain a bit more timing to connect standing H.

22. Iron Man 10:

Do not grab Dante when he's at maximun altitude, grab him as soon as he jumps or let him fall for a bit, else the inputs after the 323 L will whiff.

That's it for now.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you don't understand something or extra advice is needed.

Good luck.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Part 2: Capcom.

Hardest: Morrigan.

Hard: C-Viper.

Medioum-Hard: Chun-li, Strider Hiryu, Fire Brand, Chris, Amaterasu.

Medium: Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Wesker, Felicia, Tron, Phenix Wright (WATCH ADVICE FOR EASY #9 WAY).

Medium-Easy: Vergil, Zero, Akuma, Frank West

Easy: Spencer, Ryu, Arthur, Nemesis, Thrish (or Trish?).

Easiest: Hien-Ko.

'Capcom side' advices:

1. Dante 9:

As soon as you begin HHH... call Ryu and cancel into 236 MM as soon as you see him connecting his Senpukyaku.

Next, don't make the same mistake I did trying to do 623 MM as fast as possible. You need to connect the first hit before canceling into second M asap.

Finally, mash S while doing 214 L for the timing for Crazy Dance is extremely strict and impractical.

-----------------------------------------------------------

2. Dante 10:

For the third time, don't freak out. This mission isn't that bad and has a couple of lenient timings.

The beginning is hard though, you'll need to delay the second air H a bit then hit standing H almost immediately followed by 3HHHH in a similar manner before S. Now, take your time and don't rush air 236L->L just yet. You need to get close to Deadpool or it will whiff.

The next hard part would be SL into the second 236 L ->L, there's a bit of delay in that one too or Dante will be left looking at the other side and make this mission unnecessarily more difficult. Don't rush the Agni and Rudra combo either.

Not much else to say. I would suggest you practice the combo part starting after the first 236L->L into the rest so you can focus on getting the first combo timings down.

3. Morrigan 10:

Now you can freak out for a bit, cuz this mission ain't easy.

First of all, use X-Factor at the beginning, my method for this mission is somewhat hard to grasp:

I found it easier to use the joystick for all the inputs up to 214 S. You have to do this cancelling ASAP so you have enough timing for the following:

You'll change from the joystick to D-Pad in order to continue the combo. Well, I would do that, but if you manage to do all the following inputs with joystick easily, then stick with it.

There's not much advice here except to try to do Shadow Blade L with a 23623 motion intead of the normal input. My muscle memory got better at remembering what to do next better this way.

Practice, practice and practice. I can't stress that enough, especially the two aerial combos that come after cancelling flight. I suggest you launch the dummy and do them over and over again. Even if you can't land the following S afterwards (which you shouldn't be able to anyways).

4. Chun-li 10:

Input the dash button to the one you feel comfortable with, otherwise this will be a nightmare.

Don't worry too much about how fast Vesper does the two down Ms after you lauch the dummy (if you've been watching his vids). The time is a bit more lenient than that, but I suggest you practice the part from S onwards to build up the MM.

Also, practice the first down M->dash-> J.H, this is the hardest part of the trial. Do it as fast as you can because Captain recovers very quickly.

5. C-Viper 10:

Very difficult. First of all, practice standing H into 623L and the rest till the end of the combo a LOT until you grasp it completely, then do the same for the cancels and combine both parts. You need to find the rythm for the cancels into standing Hs to connect.

Sadly, there's no work around here, it's all timings and perfecting each part. Pay close attention to Vesper Arcade's moment of last hyper combo execution, especially the position of Super Skrull at that time because it's almost a one-frame window to connect it.

Candidate of being the hardest Capcom char, but we'll see.

6. Strider Hiryu 9:

Very difficult. Use X-Factor at the beginning, that way, you'll fall faster after the air combo to perform Legion and (hopefully) catches Magneto. I'm saying hopefully because sometimes no matter how fast you are, the combo is simply too slow to connect and the route of the animals is random. This is what makes it so difficult.

It requires luck.

Also, if you are having trouble calling the assist, the timing you have to press the button is as soon as you do (->H), otherwise it'll be very difficult to connect 623L.

7. Strider Hiryu 10:

This mission is not too bad. As soon as you launch the Formation ( B ) quickly input 236 S and time the L punch so you can do it as soon as you grab the wall or Magneto will block it. The rest is easy to pull off.

8. Chris 9-10:

The only hard part on these missions is from Air 236H into flamethrower and hyper. More especifically, the air 236. Practice and practice from simple jump until you know it by heart and keep H pressed with the flamethrower so you can have more timing to do hyper combo.

9. Viewtiful Joe 10:

The only hard part of this trial is trying to connect the last S. What I did was mashing both Up and S while the hyper combo was taking place and got it that way.

10. Wesker 9:

X-Factor at the beginning. The assist timing is tricky as you'll have to call him while doing a dash into 3H and you'll have to delay the latter in order to have time to make the hyper combo. X-Factor will make you have more time to make all the mentioned, hence why I say to use it. 

This is Wesker's hardest mission.

11. Wesker 10:

After pressing H to teleport the second time, delay the S as much as possible so you can connect the following inputs. Rest is easy.

12. Spencer 10:

The timing for cancelling the hyper with X-Factor is as soon as Spencer connects the last hit. That's pretty much the only hard part.

13. Felicia 10:

This one is tricky. Without X-Factor is a giant pain in the rear but the trick is that you need to leave X-Factor on for a bit before starting the combo, or it won't wore out soon enough to activate it again by the hyper combo. I thnk the timing is after 3-4 jumps from the opponent and you should be good. Do the 3 aerial combos as fast as you can.

14. Phoenix Wright 9:

Ths is a giant pain n the ass if you don't find the method to clear this one with tricks.

Ok let's start: Phoenix has two modes, the one that he starts with will make Hold-it! (or 3H) stun your opponent after 4 consecutive uses. Use hold it 3 times taking care that no other attack is involved between the three cycle. Then, start the combo up to its Hold it! part. The opponent must probably not have been stunned with this. After that, use X-Factor while Frank is returning and wait a bit to let his assist recharge. Do the combo again and if you have been following me this far, the Hold it! WILL stun your opponent this time, giving you much more time to continue the mission.

You may be asking now, why the X-Factor? This is because It will make the air down-H, air S into S part much more easier. Try it from standing 323M and you'll see what I mean.

This is Phoenix's hardest mission.

15. Vergil 9:

If you watched Verper's Solution, then let me clarify something. You do NOT need to throw the swords that fast, you can take much more tme that shown on that video. Practice from the part after the swrods are aligned then move onto the rest of the combo. It is not that hard to clear this mission and surprisingly, this is Vergl's hardest one.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

One last thing I would like to add to this thread (and something I completely forgot). This is for the ones that somehow have the DLC or bought it before it was taken down.

While I agree with most of Rebourne's "Mission's to skip", these are the one I would personally recommend to skip without second thoughts:

1.Magneto 10 (A MUST!).

2.X-23 10

3.Wolverine 10

4.Super Skrull 10

5.Dr.Doom 10

6.Phoenix 10

7.Sentinel 10

8.Deadpool 10

9.Taskmaster 10

10. Iron Fist 10

11.Iron Man 10

12.Morrigan 10 (spare yourself a headache with this one).

13.C-Viper 10

14.Chun-li 10

15.Strider Hiryu 8, 9, 10

16.Fire Brand 10

17.Chris 10

18.Amaterasu 10

Even so, I never had the opportunity to play as both DLC chars, and their later missions might be even more difficult than some of the ones listed here. That said, I would recommend you do Amaterasu 10 and Strider Hiryu 10 for both DLC chars 10th mission.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 4 months later...

Some people are having trouble with both Chun-Li's and Hsien Ko's 9:

Chun-Li 9: In my opinion the Air Dash can be a pain in the ass to nail quickly. While I don't remember much about it, you should be able to trigger it quickly by doing 9 or a diagonal up-right movement and then 6. The key here is doing 9 as it will count as both a jump and dash, so you can have enough time to do 6 afterwards. I haven't tested this, but another way of doing it should be by mapping the dash button where you can rapidly trigger it after jumping.

Hsien Ko: The key here is to time your aerial combo, if you do it too quickly the Wesker assist won't connect. You need to pause a little bit after the first Air Henkyo Ki L, and also after the second one. Remember, never do it too quickly or Wesker won't connect his gun.

Here's Vesper's way of doing it. Personally, I find it really useful:

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 1 month later...

Sigh, had to do all 480 lol started it this year, didnt know dlc wasn't available anymore. Anyway! All I can say for others aiming for this trophy is to keep at it, I'm no pro, I did it with a standard PS3 controller, so...... Buying an arcade stick as stated in the trophy tips isn't necessary. Its just timing, patience, and practice, as everyone has mentioned vespers YouTube videos are to see how its done but sometimes you can alter certain missions, like weskers assist mission, after the wall bounce you can back dash and continue the combo so storm is still in the corner making it way easier! Another tip id like to add is certain air attacks you need to perform such as spencers missions, instead of jumping and doing the attack, you press, down, forward and continue the movement till diagonal, up peforming a short air jump, howd people figure that out lol? At the end of the day remember its just a game, have fun with it! I guess countless swear words and frustrated moments doesn't count as fun... I should take my own advice.

Edited by Jehnuhsis
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh, had to do all 480 lol started it this year, didnt know dlc wasn't available anymore. Anyway! All I can say for others aiming for this trophy is to keep at it, I'm no pro, I did it with a standard PS3 controller, so...... Buying an arcade stick as stated in the trophy tips isn't necessary. Its just timing, patience, and practice, as everyone has mentioned vespers YouTube videos are to see how its done but sometimes you can alter certain missions, like weskers assist mission, after the wall bounce you can back dash and continue the combo so storm is still in the corner making it way easier! Another tip id like to add is certain air attacks you need to perform such as spencers missions, instead of jumping and doing the attack, you press, down, forward and continue the movement till diagonal, up peforming a short air jump, howd people figure that out lol? At the end of the day remember its just a game, have fun with it! I guess countless swear words and frustrated moments doesn't count as fun... I should take my own advice.

Congratulations for pulling it off! :yay:

"Timings, patience and practice" You said it. These are the three golden rules :D

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZVomJGJqM

Anyone knows why after Air H, the system doesn't register the S even though the combo counter did not drop.

It's because you actually didn't hit air H.  You did focus shot.  You hit a direction while hitting air H.  Be sure to neutral (not pressing any direction) air H.

Edited by grimydawg

It's because you actually didn't hit air H.  You did focus shot.  You hit a direction while hitting air H.  Be sure to neutral (not pressing any direction) air H.

i did the correct air H which is why the system registered it. there is no air forward H for the focus shot. only air up H or down H for focus shot.

i realized the issue here. i had been mashing S too quickly which might have registered an air S before the ground S. finally got this done. thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

got my 480 done. lucky i bought the dlc years ago when it was on sale. else i really dont think i can finish those missions with air combo loops.

My%20Great%20Capture%20Screenshot%202016

the 20 missions which i had skipped.

Very nicely done! I ended up skipping number 10 for Firebrand, Strider Hiryu, Chun-Li, Crimson Viper, Morgan, Jill, Captain America, Deadpool, Iron Man, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Phoenix, Sentinel, Shuma-Gorath, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster, X-23, Rocket Raccoon, Hawkeye and Iron Fist. I'm not sure how bad these were because I never even attempted them, but I've heard some of them are pretty brutal. 

Edited by PrinceOfPeace

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...