How to make Final Fantasy 12 Platinum a joke (Best weapon & Level 99 early)

ObsiEez

14 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Thank you. I love to be OP. Always nice to be swinging a big sword. Or bow...

No problem, I didn't come up with all this, mostly just putting together a bunch of stuff I found online, and you won't be seeing much of the bow since it's an invisible weapon. I will say that it does make the game boring however since in my opinion the story and characters are bland so being able to speed through the gameplay aswell makes the game extremely boring in my opinion, but I love final fantasy and plan to get the plat for all of them so I'm still sticking through the boredom. Just a fair warning if you plan on doing it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

I knew when read about Seitengrat that you could destroy the early-game with that bow, but i didn't know you also can beat every boss and earn the platinum with that bow, and now that you figure out a method to level up until level 99 in early game too... well, I think the platinum is not a problem now. 1f605.png 

I can't take any credit for coming up with the methods, I found them the grinding stop and getting the bow and all that from reading a bunch of different posts and I just combined all the best info to have the easiest time. And the Seitengrat is the strongest weapon in the game with 224 attack power and a nice 75 evade aswell and I'm pretty sure the highest attack power weapon from the game is like 100ish (I could be wrong I never really checked) I got bored of grinding to level 99 myself so I stopped at 60 and going to top it all off later with embroidered tippets in a higher level area. Honestly so far my biggest hurdle getting the platinum is just how pain stakingly boring it is 

5 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I can't take any credit for coming up with the methods, I found them the grinding stop and getting the bow and all that from reading a bunch of different posts and I just combined all the best info to have the easiest time. And the Seitengrat is the strongest weapon in the game with 224 attack power and a nice 75 evade aswell and I'm pretty sure the highest attack power weapon from the game is like 100ish (I could be wrong I never really checked)

Yeah Zodiac Spear has an attack power of around 141 (can also inflict disable), only trumped by Seitengrat (224) and Great Trango (153).

Just now, paul-wii4 said:

I have never played ff12. I do have some experience with the series having played 7, 8, Most of 9 and 14. Realistically how much time and effort will I have to put in to get this platinum?

ff12 plays nothing like the older final fantasy and uses a system called a gambit system with is like real time and turn based at the same time kind of thing. With the method above it won't take to much effort and should take probably around 60-80 hours. The hardest part will be keeping yourself entertained since the story is bland and the characters are bland and using the bow and grinding early makes the story a cake walk

Just now, paranoia_agent85 said:

Yeah Zodiac Spear has an attack power of around 141 (can also inflict disable), only trumped by Seitengrat (224) and Great Trango (153).

Ahh ok, I didn't do to much research into other weapons after I found out about the Seitengrat and spent my time instead figuring out how to maximize everything early to make everything else a breeze

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I can't take any credit for coming up with the methods, I found them the grinding stop and getting the bow and all that from reading a bunch of different posts and I just combined all the best info to have the easiest time. And the Seitengrat is the strongest weapon in the game with 224 attack power and a nice 75 evade aswell and I'm pretty sure the highest attack power weapon from the game is like 100ish (I could be wrong I never really checked) I got bored of grinding to level 99 myself so I stopped at 60 and going to top it all off later with embroidered tippets in a higher level area. Honestly so far my biggest hurdle getting the platinum is just how pain stakingly boring it is 

So, FF XII doesn't have a inmune physical dmg mandatory enemy or something that could change the bow in an useless weapon? I know you need to do a kind of tower with a lot of enemies and bosses in order to get the platinum and of course a lot of boss-trophy related.

Just now, AlchemistWer said:

So, FF XII doesn't have a inmune physical dmg mandatory enemy or something that could change the bow in an useless weapon? I know you need to do a kind of tower with a lot of enemies and bosses in order to get the platinum and of course a lot of boss-trophy related.

Zodiark and some of the other later espers can render your physical atk, magic and other skills useless during those battles.

1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

Just now, paranoia_agent85 said:

Zodiark and some of the other later espers can render your physical atk, magic and other skills useless during those battles.

Yes that is true, however there are counters you can use in those cases, but the Seitengrat will carry you through most of the game just on it's power alone. During the later fights more effort will have to be put it but not nearly as much

Just now, AlchemistWer said:

It does actually, you have to kill one esper with magic only and some get temporary immunities. The bow is also trash against superbosses, since they ignore evade and also the bow does not combo and it's slow. Very useful for killing early game trash though, but I wouldn't really waste time early game getting more than one. Plenty of easy spots to get high levels end game in a couple hours. What takes time in the game is doing hunts and traveling the maps and the speed-up option negates most of that.

1 minute ago, mecharobot said:

It does actually, you have to kill one esper with magic only and some get temporary immunities. The bow is also trash against superbosses, since they ignore evade and also the bow does not combo and it's slow. Very useful for killing early game trash though, but I wouldn't really waste time early game getting more than one. Plenty of easy spots to get high levels end game in a couple hours. What takes time in the game is doing hunts and traveling the maps and the speed-up option negates most of that.

Now it makes more sense, for that reason I thought the bow can be a very good weapon in early game, but no the ticket to beat all you can find in your way and get the platinum at the same time, you need strategy and another weapons when fight with superbosses like you said.

So I just got the SEITENGRAT, but I cant equip it? what is keeping me from equiping it? xD Also I used # 88 97 90 and the kid by the stairs instead. The fourth time his foot touch the deck i click and got it.

edit: NVM figured it out, I needed arrows. LOL 

Gonna try again to see how consistent it is.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I've gotten every esper (minus my last 2 story related ones I need) and only need to fight Yizamet (Fighting him in trial mode because fuck doing a 2 hour fight) and the Seitengrat has carried me through the game, every boss has been a joke, including the post game super bosses. Hell Wyrm was a breeze, Zodiark was a joke, the only one that gave me a little trouble was the Chaos, Walker of the Wheel due to not being able to attack but you can just cast reglectga on yourself and then cast scathe on your party and do a bunch of damage and just repeat until he's dead. All you need is a good gambit set up, some good armor and accessories and the bow will just do the rest of the work. So yes,  the Seitengrat is the ticket to an easy, breezy beautiful platinum  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 3:53 PM, MrAnubie said:

This may be a stupid question, but if you've already passed this point in the game, can you still use the method described above to obtain the bow?

Yes, you can obtain the bow at any point, doing it at that point in the game is just to make it easier to get everyone level 99 early, just make sure you have the diamond armlet equipped and do the sequence in the tutorial which should only take a few minutes

I suppose the bow  can  help you out easily, but if you find the process annoying or you just don't like using cut stuff from the game you can still pick the Black mage job,  believe me, you'll one shot basically everything,  helping levelling up you and your party, also specific staves will make your magick more powerful and cost less mps (combine that with some licenses  and you won't even lose mps), as soon as you reach the Garifs you can get tier 2 spells and the staves, you can also combine that with the Shikari job to get high hps + dark katanas combined with the black robe  in order to make stuff like Yiazmat a joke endgame, truly, this is game wise the strongest magic has ever been in Final Fantasy.

@ plat difficulty and time:

Killing enemies won't be  your major concern, expect a boring grind for the Bestiary and all abilities, a luck based trophy in Mystwalker and maybe the pirates/judges in trial mode giving you trouble, since there are many of them and love status.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

On 11/11/2018 at 0:39 AM, nyonmyan said:

The bow isn't a game changer when it comes to high level bosses, not to mention that the hardest trophy is the limit break one.

It can be a complete game changer in my opinion, for everything story related (which is extremely easy) I didn't even have to touch the controller. For the super bosses they were a cake walk with the bow and the right gambit set ups and. Only one I have left to do is Yizamet which can be done in the trails for a way faster fight. Zodiark was a breeze with the bow, all you gotta do is get him down to his health right before he goes immune then use quickenings, he should be dead or nearly dead by the end of it and you should be able to get the last few hits in to kill him before he goes immune (that's how I did it easily). The Hell Wyrm was mostly just an endurance battle. As long as you have the bow, all you need to focus on is gambits and armor

And I agree that the fucking Mist Walker trophy is a pain in the ass. I got on the luckier side of things and it only took me about an hour of trying to straight where I heard it takes some people fucking days to do it

On 11/10/2018 at 11:39 PM, nyonmyan said:

The bow isn't a game changer when it comes to high level bosses, not to mention that the hardest trophy is the limit break one.

agreed, if only they had armor that was anywhere near as good defensively as the bow is offensively. even with the bows on everyone, the trials weren't no cakewalk, even with best armor equips you can take some heavy damage when entering a number of fights if you cant buff in time. you can spend a lot of battle time reviving, curing, and trying to get all the buffs set up. never used gambits in the game outside of attacking what leader attacks, and curing, as i wasn't really sure how to properly use gambits. i basically took control of every party member at once at all times lol.