Glitchy Trophies

tylerh1701

It doesn't look like anything is completely glitched, but neither the "Temple Seer" or "A Meeting" trophies popped for me after beating those bosses. I fought the final boss twice and "A Meeting" didn't pop either time.

Additionally, I got "100% Clear" when I should have got all the Broom Upgrade trophy, and never actually got that trophy at all, though I did complete the game 100% (I thought the trophies might have been reveresed, but nope)

Anyways, looks like on PSN and even here people have been able to unlock the ones I haven't. So just a warning that they may glitch out on you like they did for me.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I just finished the game and of course got hit by the Glitch-Hammer as well. I initially only got two trophies in total, the very first one for getting the broom and one for defeating the "Grotto Rogue" boss along the way. Nothing more.

After finishing the game and being back at the main menu, I selected "CONTINUE", beat the final boss again but still nothing.

I then closed the game, started it up again, selected "CONTINUE", beat the final boss again and then I got the trophy for 100% finishing the game.

So my assumption is the Glithyness is somehow triggered by the PS4's rest mode / game suspending feature. I played the whole thing in one go, just putting the PS4 in and out of rest mode in between sessions. I only completely started it afresh three times: The very first time, once along the way and as I just described after finishing the game. And all three times I did get the next possible trophy.

Anyway, I also reached out to the developer via Twitter and the good news is, they are aware of the issue and apparently the people responsible for the port are planning a patch to resolve the issue: https://twitter.com/anodynegame/status/1083061349595402241

The bad news is that there's no word of when that patch will be out or if it'll ever get out of the "planning" stage at all. Here's hoping for the best!

ceno

• 8 months later...

Can confirm: the trophies are glitched such that you'll only get one per start-up. Basically, when you get a trophy, save, turn the game off (as in choose to close the application) and resume playing and you'll be able to get them in order.

New problem though: since the last chest I opened was the one that gave me the swap item for the broom, the game gave me the trophy for getting 100% without giving me the one for getting all the broom expansions, meaning I'll probably have to replay the game to that point to get it.

• 2 months later...

Rainbow Moon had a similar issue with me on PS4 and I missed 2 story mission related trophies. I had to replay the game and then someone flagged my account and I was unlisted in the trophy leaderboards for a little bit :(

Be careful with getting story trophies out of order as people are trigger happy with flagging.

6 minutes ago, travisaurasrex12 said:

Damn just bought this game on sale might have to be careful starting it

The trophies just don’t work. I just started anew new game, after closing it, and still the trophies won’t pop.

EDIT: OK - after 3 tries, the first boss trophy popped. Definitely save before each one, and do not move on until you get the trophy. This probably should be the policy AFTER getting a trophy, too.

Jesus - is it so hard to make trophies pop appropriately?

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

So, I'm going to add to what I said before. The game seems to pop trophies, provided that you save RIGHT BEFORE a boss, and then kill the boss. If you do a lot of actions, regardless of whether those actions earn trophies or not, the trophies simply won't pop. They clearly screwed up their flags on these things, and apparently, if you do something like open 3 treasure chests, or move between two areas, etc., they just enter a "fail" flag for whatever boss you're fighting.

So again, if you are playing this, make sure to save as close as you can to a boss, and then quit out of the game completely. When you come back, it should allow you to unlock the trophy, but if it doesn't, try, try again.

• Like 2

Another note: be careful about 100% completion. It’s the way the game reads its trophy flags, I think, but to put it simply, make sure that your final broom upgrade is not the last thing you need for 100% completion. This should be easily done (e.g. don’t pick up the Sage card to the right of the Sage boss, which is your 37th card). 

Of course, I screwed this up myself, but I think I can correct it on my speed run.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, PauloRAz said:

I get 48 cards but no trophy. Any hint about fix this glitch? 

I notice you haven’t done your speed run. Try this (it’s what I did):

1. During your speed run, get every card and every broom upgrade, but do NOT get one health upgrade (I skipped the one in the 8-bit maze).
  2. back up your save before you fight the Sage, and keep this save for later.
  3. continue on. Beat the Sage, save, and pick up the final broom upgrade.that should unlock that trophy.
  4. go on and beat Briar for that trophy as well.
  5. get the remaining 11 cards. 

For whatever reason, after getting what the game calls 100% completion, it seems to shut off earning any other trophy. By skipping that health upgrade, you won’t get 100%, so other trophies will unlock.

Finally, after getting the remaining trophies, reload your old save and finish your speed run. Hope this works for you!

• Like 3

On 9/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, Coolstar47 said:

Can confirm: the trophies are glitched such that you'll only get one per start-up. Basically, when you get a trophy, save, turn the game off (as in choose to close the application) and resume playing and you'll be able to get them in order.

New problem though: since the last chest I opened was the one that gave me the swap item for the broom, the game gave me the trophy for getting 100% without giving me the one for getting all the broom expansions, meaning I'll probably have to replay the game to that point to get it.

No, I got many trophies all in the same playthrough but can't get the first two bosses for some reason.  I did beat those and out the PS4 to rest, came back the next day to a crash screen.  Something happened with the rest mode for sure, but the crash seemed to fix the other trophies for me.

I'm trying different things to try to get the first boss trophy right now, like deleting the whole save file and restarting the ps4, we'll see how it goes.

Edit:  restarting and saving right before boss worked, I got the trophy.

Edited by Pashta
Update
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:32 PM, Pashta said:

No, I got many trophies all in the same playthrough but can't get the first two bosses for some reason.  I did beat those and out the PS4 to rest, came back the next day to a crash screen.  Something happened with the rest mode for sure, but the crash seemed to fix the other trophies for me.

I'm trying different things to try to get the first boss trophy right now, like deleting the whole save file and restarting the ps4, we'll see how it goes.

Edit:  restarting and saving right before boss worked, I got the trophy.

Yeah. The trophies are just screwed up. Sometimes they pop, sometimes they don't.

Watch out for 100% completion, though. I'm pretty sure it wrecks any subsequent trophies. 

• 3 weeks later...

Closing the game and reloading after each trophy seems to work well enough.

The first boss trophy didn't pop for me the first time around, so I reloaded the save and beat it again. I believe that backing up to the main menu either by the save menu or by dying and not continuing might cause this (I did it plentifully at the beginning to get back at full health even though I used the same checkpoint). I kept closing the game all the way after that and never had any more problems.

My roadmap was:

- finish the storyline with nothing at 100% (left the extend broom upgrade and black n white village life upgrade on purpose).

- used the all mighty swap upgrade to mop up everything to 100% (broom, health and cards) and beat up the final boss again.

- cleared the save file from ingame and did the <3h 100% run.