Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise Trophy Thoughts?

5 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Anyone know if theres any missables or if you can cheese hard mode like you could do in Yakuza 6?

I'm reading the Japanese version trophy guide on their strategy wiki and there are missable trophies and ones that you can make harder on yourself if you aren't aware of them ahead of time. I've gone ahead and listed the ones I can figure out through machine translation here.

"Ahem. Yuria?" has a limited window, so do it at your first opportunity.

"Purge the Real Filth" is missable. You need to get a "Firebreak Talisman" (Japanese region name?) by Chapter 6 through winning the Colosseum's "S rank prisoner strongest winning decision championship" then use it on Thouzer.

"Famous Last Words" is apparently a trophy that if you "break the limit" on your attack (Yakuza's standard stat growth past the original limits) you can make it more difficult to collect some of the Deathcries (killing them too fast?). I've linked a Deathcry collection guide (in Japanese, please use a machine translation) for your convenience in finding them as early as possible.

"Purer Than the River" has some kind of possible lock-out condition but I can't really figure it out through Google translate, something to do with upgrading incorrectly?

That Japanese version trophy guide and this page on the Japanese PS4 Trophy Wiki have some very good tips on how to alleviate the grind on some of these trophies, such as "Doctor At Large" and I see a tip on the second link to get one of the more difficult Deathcries.

• Like 2

The plat will be anything but easy for this game. Ken's Clinic is basically like Karaoke, however it's much harder than any song I've encountered on the PS4 Yakuza games. The trophy description reads that you're required to perform a perfect combo, which would mean that every single button press must result in a perfect. Now according to a Japanese Wiki it seems that a full combo is enough to get this trophy, which means you're required to keep the combo going form start to finish where a mix between good and perfect for each button press is good enough for this trophy. I've been at the 6th song for 1h now and it

Long story short: check out the later parts of this video and see if you can do what's shown there. If not, the plat might be harder than initially thought.

23 minutes ago, Malice_Mizer said:

I'm reading the Japanese version trophy guide on their strategy wiki and there are missable trophies and ones that you can make harder on yourself if you aren't aware of them ahead of time. I've gone ahead and listed the ones I can figure out through machine translation here.

"Purge the Real Filth" is missable. You need to get a "Firebreak Talisman" (Japanese region name?) by Chapter 6 through winning the Colosseum's "S rank prisoner strongest winning decision championship" then use it on Thouzer.

"Famous Last Words" is apparently a trophy that if you "break the limit" on your attack (Yakuza's standard stat growth past the original limits) you can make it more difficult to collect some of the Deathcries (killing them too fast?). I've linked a Deathcry collection guide (in Japanese, please use a machine translation) for your convenience in finding them as early as possible.

"Purer Than the River" has some kind of possible lock-out condition but I can't really figure it out through Google translate, something to do with upgrading incorrectly?

That Japanese version trophy guide and this page on the Japanese PS4 Trophy Wiki have some very good tips on how to alleviate the grind on some of these trophies, such as "Doctor At Large" and I see a tip on the second link to get one of the more difficult Deathcries.

Thank you! I'm not sure if I'll plat this game but this is a big help if I decide too.

9 hours ago, zarmartiaux said:

Wow, a clearly easier trophy list ? 

Never happened before as I recall in a Yakuza game ?

Except maybe in 3 where there was cut-content to begin with, so they scrapped the related trophies;

Part of me is happy, not having to do a solid run in outrun like in 0, cause I suck at it but I'm left feeling like my Platinum won't mean as much to me when all is said and done.

Yakuza 6 is the easiest since it doesn't make you have to win at Mahjong or the other mini-games. Plus there's no Climax Battles and you can just load your end-game save for the Legend trophy. Probably the hardest trophy in the game is the Jo Amon fight but that's mainly because he has an insta-kill attack that's kind of hard to avoid.

6 hours ago, chellesan said:

Let's hope the radio have some yakuza songs 

I'm sure they will. I would love it if they had Kuze's theme :P

5 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I read from someone who got it early that EX Hard doesn't let you continue if you die.

If you mean by reloading a save when defeated, it's nothing new. Every Yakuza game except for 6 and Dead Souls (afaik) forces you to reload a previous save.

3 hours ago, LunaKishi said:

If you mean by reloading a save when defeated, it's nothing new. Every Yakuza game except for 6 and Dead Souls (afaik) forces you to reload a previous save.

Ahh ok.  Was thinking it was mayne like a perma death sort of thing where you had to start over from the beginning for some reason.  

Never played the Yakuza games, but was a fan of the anime of Fist of the North Star.  Demo seems pretty cool so I'm thinking of picking it up on Tuesday and that had me curious on how it worked in these games.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:24 PM, Malice_Mizer said:

Do you know what to do in order to avoid breaking the limit before getting the death cries?  I translated both guides but can't seem to locate the info in it, and the translation doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:24 PM, Malice_Mizer said:

"Ahem, Yuria?" is missable because there's less than a handful of moments during the main story where you can actually stare at Xsana. One of these is in chapter  4 where

Spoiler

Jagre gets hit by the Kyo-oh leader or Targa, one of the two, and you have to go find Toki at Cassandra.

Xsana will be at the bedside so if you don't talk to her you can just stare at her. There's also a moment where she follows you at the start of chapter 9 but I'm not sure if she needs the ability to be spoken to for it to count, or if it's just strictly looking at her. Chapter 10 also has a moment at the start where you can look at her while being able to talk to her and so does the beginning of chapter 11.

"Purge the Real Filth" is missable but you have to do a second playthrough regardless so just make sure you know about that requirement.

Edit: Do not do this on a first playthrough unless you're on Easy. You are required to finish every single Gladiator Games match including the final match which has level 45 enemies and each wave has two minibosses in it that do high damage to you, especially the first wave with the Mad Dog moveset enemies. Even with Raoh's Destiny Talisman, Toki's, Lin's, a Savior's Jacket, and the ability not to die in Burst I barely beat it by the skin of my teeth at level 55 with all damage upgrades on Extra-Hard. Even after you get it you still need to get an Ignition Augite which only comes from a chapter 8 side mission or the BP store for 3000 BP. In chapter 6 if you do get the Destiny Talisman the highest tier race available is the Hill Climb Cup which only nets you roughly 200 BP a run meaning 15 runs to get enough to pay for the Augite. Just a fair warning.

Edit 2: Using Ignition on Purple Tank the One-shot (Souther's duel counterpart) does not count towards the trophy. You must use it during the fight in chapter 7.

"Famous Last Words" is not missable, it's just harder to do because you have to rely on different ways to deal with the Death Cry situation. It is recommended you get the Death Cries out of the way ASAP though. You can always knock enemies into the air with Sway Attack on the Skill tree, the Common Thugs just need full health to survive it. You uncap your skill tree once you fill out the entire tree, once that happens you can put orbs into the center skill (The Ability Unlock one) something like 200 or 250 times to buff yourself. It's like when you break the cap in Yakuza 0 on DoD/Mad Dog. Because of this your damage increases causing you to slaughter almost everything. This is something you should avoid at all costs until you've visited every area, once you've done that and gotten all the Death Cries it's fine, but if you do that before then it gets a bit tricky.

You can still get it even if you overpower yourself because you can charge your O once you got the four skills from the Skill tree, hit the guy with the charged O attack but don't press anything, back up from the enemy since they're now in shock, perform the long combo you need until it sits you in front of the enemy, then just perform the Perfect Channel. Remember that the lower half of the map and the top-right require items from Side Missions in chapters 8 and 9 respectively. Chapter 10's main story forces you to get the item that can break rock barriers which gives you access to a portion of the top-right, you still need the engine that will let you cross quicksand in order to fully explore the middle-to-bottom-right.

"Purer Than the River" requires you to not attack Toki during a certain moment in his story fight in chapter 4. It's easily missable because it happens when around 70% of his health bar is full. Once that happens he'll bend down and start coughing but it's easy to miss that he's about to do it and you just cancel it with an attack. His training fights do not have him do this at all which is why that one requires you to be extra careful. One tip for this is on your first playthrough do about 20% of his health and then start cautiously doing kicks until he stops. On my first playthrough he did it without going into his green aura from what I remember but on my second playthrough he did it after going into his green aura and I punched him a couple of times. I personally recommend you do it on the second playthrough because you have health items due to not needing to worry about money and you have higher stats so you can afford to just hit him once since a single punch does a decent amount of damage without going overboard.

Edit: Toki seems to do the coughing thing in his fully powered fight as well. Once he loses the green aura he'll start coughing, I assume you might be able to get it here as well.

Edited by soliunasm

On 8.10.2018 at 5:04 AM, soliunasm said:

Edit: Toki seems to do the coughing thing in his fully powered fight as well. Once he loses the green aura he'll start coughing, I assume you might be able to get it here as well.

Can confirm this. He begins coughing After he Block your atatatatata attack if he is in his green aura. 

On 9/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, vgor1988 said:

The plat will be anything but easy for this game. Ken's Clinic is basically like Karaoke, however it's much harder than any song I've encountered on the PS4 Yakuza games. The trophy description reads that you're required to perform a perfect combo, which would mean that every single button press must result in a perfect. Now according to a Japanese Wiki it seems that a full combo is enough to get this trophy, which means you're required to keep the combo going form start to finish where a mix between good and perfect for each button press is good enough for this trophy. I've been at the 6th song for 1h now and it

Long story short: check out the later parts of this video and see if you can do what's shown there. If not, the plat might be harder than initially thought.

Can't even seem to pull off the first song and this video makes that one look jokingly easy.  And supposedly the only item that effects this mini game doesn't help with the button pressing leniency, just with getting S ranks so I'm pretty much screwed.  

2 hours I tried and got almost no where with it.  Music doesn't help and the button sound effects doesn't seem to help either.  Probably won't be platinuming this one.  Surprised at the percentage on here for it compared to trophies I know I can do easy being so much lower.

• 5 years later...

I finally got the Platinum today and need to vent some thoughts on this game, which is rarely a thing for me. 

I like this Game (a lot somehow) but boy does it hate me and probably everyone else going for the Plat. I have no problem with intensive Grinds, but FOTN Lost Paradise goes out of its way to make your life miserable every step along the way. From missing fast travel directly to Eden, not being able to skip 90% of scenes, to making you run and drive long distances just to retrace your steps because you are missing an obvious item which you could have gained easily beforehand. This Game is a Masterclass in player unfriendly game design.

For Example:

You get told to enter the wasteland and night. From previous interactions you know that you can fast-forward time at bats garage during a night, so you run there directly from the Colosseum just to find out that this is the only time in the game you can't do that! Because you need to enter Kenshiro's Hideout for a new Substory to begin. 

Really thinking about the part where you drive through the wasteland to speak with the sage just to get told to gather more information back in Eden makes me incredibly Angry. :D

I know making you run around is on purpose to get you involved in the substories but there are so many simple quality-of-life elements missing like the aforementioned fast travel options, not kicking you out of the nightclub after finishing one mission to keep the grind going etc.

The most annoying Thing for me were the Colosseum Fights. While not difficult by any means, beating them 15 Times each is so incredibly boring.

Nonetheless, there is something about this game I really like, and I hope we get more IP's using the Yakuza Formula. It just breaks you with all its inconveniences during the grindy bits.

10/10 would do it again but never for the japanese version. :D