How do I 'like' a trophy tip?

Go to solution Solved by Parker,

Can't figure it out.  The only button I see when I view a trophy is the red '!', but that's only for reporting tips.  I want to 'like' a tip to show a user their tip helped me out.

Parker is correct. You can not add or like any tips until you have earned the respective trophy.

There have been semi-lengthy discussion on this and the powers that be decided this is the most fair system. I have my likes/dislikes about it but, it does work. Unfortunately you have to try and remember to come back to the tip and like it after earning the trophy and syncing up your profile.

A conditional like would be a good compromise.  You 'like' a tip, but it doesn't take effect until you actually earn the trophy.

I love this idea!!  :wub:

I think tips would see a lot more 'likes' if this was the way they worked. Heck, I even find myself having a hard time remembering to go back and 'like' at tip that I utilized. :(

Edited by bmj14772

• 3 weeks later...

A conditional like would be a good compromise.  You 'like' a tip, but it doesn't take effect until you actually earn the trophy.

I disagree.

If a tip helped you why not just spend the time to go back and like it later, sounds like a lot of extra work for Sly to implement this when there more important matters.

I disagree.

If a tip helped you why not just spend the time to go back and like it later, sounds like a lot of extra work for Sly to implement this when there more important matters.

If it could be made to work without much work I think it would be a decent addition because I'm sure a lot of people forget to go back and "like" tips, but if it takes a lot of code to be able to do something like that then I agree that it isn't something Sly should spend his time on right now. 

Parker

• Like 1

I disagree.

Because people only look at the tips when they DON'T have the trophy.  The majority of those that finally get it, will not remember to go back and mark it.  I certainly don't.  And let's leave it up to Sly to determine what's 'a lot' of extra work and what's not.  Unless you're an expert on php coding and can evaluate that yourself that is...

Because people only look at the tips when they DON'T have the trophy.  The majority of those that finally get it, will not remember to go back and mark it.  I certainly don't.  And let's leave it up to Sly to determine what's 'a lot' of extra work and what's not.  Unless you're an expert on php coding and can evaluate that yourself that is...

If you don't take the time to go back and like it then why are you concerned if its get said like then? You obviously aren't that concerned by it.

From what I've heard the tip/system is getting an overhaul in the future anyway, regardless of how much or little time it would tip to implement your idea sounds like it might be wasted time.

• Like 1