The Kids Of Today Seem To Be Struggling With Super Metroid

Lady Lilith

It is Nintendo's fault. They have dumbed down their games so much that how could they expect people to figure out Super Metroid. Epic Kirby you can't die, New Super Mario walks you through the level if you die too much, Navi (or the other fairies) points out how to beat every boss and puzzle and Pokemon still hasn't evolved past "just use the opposite element to win every battle" 

While Nintendo may have been the hero of gaming back in the day they have become a blight on the industry the past couple of years. It is like the saying goes "You Either Die a Hero, or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become the Villain "

Wait, it's their fault because people choose to buy the game without knowing what they would be getting into? How does that logic even work.  As for thing about Pokemon, I dare you to even try beating Ghetsis Hacked Hydriegon. That thing will wreck you even IF you have his weakness. The game has change passed that for years now.

Just because their games and console aren't what they might have been back then, doesn't make them a blight. The industry is different from our "glory" days for every dev.

• Like 2

I hope this is a joke.

Seriously?

Modern gamers need to learn to play real games.

Why back in my day,we didn't have YouTube videos to help us with games.We had to figure it out ourselves oldman7ni.gif

Back in the early 90s we didn't need youtube, we had gamefaqs, still remember printing out an rpg walkthrough oh gosh what a mistake that was after 120 pages later

C'mon...  some of you are bullshitting...  I was 9 in '86 when Metroid was released and even I remember it being quite unlike anything I had played before.  A lot of it was down to trial and error and you didn't have the hand holding that a lot of today's games do. 

Super Metroid is easier than Metroid and Metroid II simply, in my opinion, because of the map that you could access with Select. You probably had to be subscribed to Nintendo Power in order to actually have a map for Metroid and Metroid II. Metroid and Metroid II really aren't that tough besides that. Another NES game that is a pain in the balls is Zelda simply because you waste your time wandering all over the place... maybe that's just me. NES games are pretty short, but most were made difficult so the player could struggle with it for a long time. Just compare Metroid to Super Metroid or Contra to Contra III. You can just blaze through the latter. I think I was around 4 or 5 when I purchased Super Metroid and I didn't really struggle that much. Instructions would appear whenever you obtained a new item so that was totally helpful. The only part you could have problems would be when you had to figure out something odd like the Grappling Hook holes that would crumble or trying to figure out how to go up that huge room with the floating guys without the Ice Beam. (Then again there also were some things that not everyone knew about like the 5 or so bombs that you could shit everywhere if you popped into a ball while charging your beam.) The blocks that you see in all of their images clearly look different. They just didn't know how to experiment with the bomb (which they pretty much just fuckin' obtained like not even 5 minutes before that part) and blow up the blocks. I'm sure some of the kids who got Super Metroid recently passed that part. It's just a select few who posted pics about it and were called out on their n00bery. Some people don't have the patience to figure it out and end up just giving up or complaining about it.

Wait, it's their fault because people choose to buy the game without knowing what they would be getting into? How does that logic even work.  As for thing about Pokemon, I dare you to even try beating Ghetsis Hacked Hydriegon. That thing will wreck you even IF you have his weakness. The game has change passed that for years now.

Just because their games and console aren't what they might have been back then, doesn't make them a blight. The industry is different from our "glory" days for every dev.

The last pokemon I played was Pearl, and it was the exact same thing (with minor tweaks) to blue, gold and ruby. After playing 4 different pokemon games and being able to win the game with the first 6 pokemon I catch in water, fire, electric, psychic, fighting and flying and using the strategy of just using the opposite pokemon I stand by the case of the game is pretty much broken. Maybe Black/White changed it up a little but I honestly never have to adjust my party or use TMs to beat the game with ease, it is just that broken of a game.

The last pokemon I played was Pearl, and it was the exact same thing (with minor tweaks) to blue, gold and ruby. After playing 4 different pokemon games and being able to win the game with the first 6 pokemon I catch in water, fire, electric, psychic, fighting and flying and using the strategy of just using the opposite pokemon I stand by the case of the game is pretty much broken. Maybe Black/White changed it up a little but I honestly never have to adjust my party or use TMs to beat the game with ease, it is just that broken of a game.

I call bullshit.

You claim that you one-hit killed every opponent so in R/B/Y your pikachu's thindershock could beat starmie... no, no it couldn't. Your team would've failed against Claire in G/S/C oh god, I see so much crap in your posts it isn't funny the only believable way is if you were 10+ levels higher than every gym that I'd maybe believe that story... No using TMs or changing your party, yep you're honestly talking crap.

• Like 1

I call bullshit.

You claim that you one-hit killed every opponent so in R/B/Y your pikachu's thindershock could beat starmie... no, no it couldn't. Your team would've failed against Claire in G/S/C oh god, I see so much crap in your posts it isn't funny the only believable way is if you were 10+ levels higher than every gym that I'd maybe believe that story... No using TMs or changing your party, yep you're honestly talking crap.

My final party. I wasn't one hit killing people (for the most part) but if they sent out a fighting pokemon I would just send out my flying, if they sent out a grass I would just send out my fire. Maybe these games are tough for you, but I have beaten 4 different pokemon games now (5 if you include Stadium where I got all the statues for beating the game with every type of pokemon) and I have never changed my strategy.

Oh and I made a mistake before I didn't play Pearl it was acutally Diamond. Sorry these games are so similar I even forgot which one I owned ^_^

imag0158xq.jpg

Pokemon is broken right until the pre-game stops and the after-game kicks in. You have to travel the entire region battling everyone until your pokemon are level 70+ to go into caves for legendaries and not getting your butt kicked by normal pokemon on your way. Also pokemon's pre game got harder in BW 1 and 2 meaning your team has to be diverse for you to even stand a chance completing the first half of it. Also Dr, your team would get wiped by Cynthia if your pokemon don't have any diverse movesets instead of the basic moveset.  But I hope you enjoy pokemon. :) (Great Game) 

Pokemon is broken right until the pre-game stops and the after-game kicks in. You have to travel the entire region battling everyone until your pokemon are level 70+ to go into caves for legendaries and not getting your butt kicked by normal pokemon on your way. Also pokemon's pre game got harder in BW 1 and 2 meaning your team has to be diverse for you to even stand a chance completing the first half of it. Also Dr, your team would get wiped by Cynthia if your pokemon don't have any diverse movesets instead of the basic moveset.  But I hope you enjoy pokemon. :) (Great Game) 

Sorry don't know what to tell you, that is the team I used to beat the game. I haven't played the game since and that was the party I had after loading up the game.

I used to enjoy pokemon but after playing the same game 4 times it became boring and repetitive. It is like the new God of War, it is the same thing as the last 5 and I just can't play through it anymore. I will eventually beat God of War Ascension but it  will be awhile until I go back to it.

I am glad you like Pokemon but after 20 years of the same thing (and 20 main games)I can't see how that game still has fans.

My final party. I wasn't one hit killing people (for the most part) but if they sent out a fighting pokemon I would just send out my flying, if they sent out a grass I would just send out my fire. Maybe these games are tough for you, but I have beaten 4 different pokemon games now (5 if you include Stadium where I got all the statues for beating the game with every type of pokemon) and I have never changed my strategy.

Oh and I made a mistake before I didn't play Pearl it was acutally Diamond. Sorry these games are so similar I even forgot which one I owned ^_^

Sorry don't know what to tell you, that is the team I used to beat the game. I haven't played the game since and that was the party I had after loading up the game.

I used to enjoy pokemon but after playing the same game 4 times it became boring and repetitive. It is like the new God of War, it is the same thing as the last 5 and I just can't play through it anymore. I will eventually beat God of War Ascension but it  will be awhile until I go back to it.

I am glad you like Pokemon but after 20 years of the same thing (and 20 main games)I can't see how that game still has fans.

Wow that team is so good and so diverse...

No, that team is atrocious even if they were all 50+ you could NOT have defeated the http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/elite4.shtml'>Sinnoh Elite 4 and the champion Cynthia oh and look they actually have diverse teams... wait so do the http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gymleaders.shtml'>gym leaders considering they have to be strictly based on a specific type with Blue/Green being the exception to that rule.

So please stop talking crap, you're making a fool of yourself considering your team there would struggle very quickly.

By the way the games are not tough for me since I train my team evenly, cover weaknesses and think of strategies so I can keep my fire type out against a ground type for example while you must clearly rely on dumb luck and 99 of every restorative item to progress...

Is there seriously an argument over Pokemon going on in this thread. Who cares if Mayus is lying or not.. I beat the Elite Four in Pokemon White using only Dark type Pokemon. To be specific - Scrafty only, level 75. My first game clear for White was with: Zekrom (50) Krookodile (41) Swoobat (40) Haxorus (48) Scrafty (59) Emboar (45)

Once I caught a Scraggy, i flew through the game with ease. Pokemon titles are not as difficult as some people make them out to be..

My Scrafty's current moveset:

High Jump Kick

Faint Attack

Crunch

Brick Break

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

Ever beat a Pokemon game with a single pokemon? Once, I beat Yellow with the Pikachu you start with.  I think I had to grind a ton to take down Brock, and I had some trouble on Giovanni too.

I've never found a Pokemon game to be hard. In fact, I can remember multiple times playing through the games with just my starter Pokemon. I'd have support Pokemon and HM slaves but the vast majority of battles were fought with my starter and I never had a real challenge.

Parker

I've never found a Pokemon game to be hard. In fact, I can remember multiple times playing through the games with just my starter Pokemon. I'd have support Pokemon and HM slaves but the vast majority of battles were fought with my starter and I never had a real challenge.

Parker

I actually didn't even use support pokemon, just HM slaves that were strictly there for HM use.  Pikachu/Butterfree/Shroomish/whatever (I did solo runs on nearly everything up to RSE) was the sole fighter.  Some were easier than others, I just remember Brock and Giovanni (mainly Giovanni) being a tough spot in my Yellow run.

No, that team is atrocious even if they were all 50+ you could NOT have defeated the Sinnoh Elite 4 and the champion Cynthia oh and look they actually have diverse teams... wait so do the gym leaders considering they have to be strictly based on a specific type with Blue/Green being the exception to that rule.

So please stop talking crap, you're making a fool of yourself considering your team there would struggle very quickly.

By the way the games are not tough for me since I train my team evenly, cover weaknesses and think of strategies so I can keep my fire type out against a ground type for example while you must clearly rely on dumb luck and 99 of every restorative item to progress...

It's Pokemon - these titles do not take much strategy unless you're playing competitively..

As for Mayus' team - he could have taken down Garchomp, Roserade and Lucario with Empoleon alone, depending on his moveset. Sure, he may have used a lot of restorative items to win, but who cares! If he had fun, that's all that matters. Weak team, yes - impossible, no.

The only "challenge" with Cynthia was her Milotic (constantly healing) and Spiritomb (no weakness).

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

Today's Gamers Are Having A Little Trouble WithSuper Mario World, Too

It was recently established that the 2013 gamer is perplexed by some parts of 1994's Super Metroid. The 2013 gamer is having some issues with 1990's Super Mario World, too.

We can see these struggles on the Nintendo Wii U's Miiverse, a community accessible primarily through Nintendo's new console. The Miiverse enables gamers to take screenshots of what they're playing on the Wii U and then ask other system owners for help.

Here are some of the requests for help we saw posted to the Miiverse by people who have played the re-released Super Mario World. In some cases, I'd say their confusion is justified:

ku-xlarge.jpg

I get a kick out of these.

Edited by Sonic

To be fair, most if not all games have a post-credit sequence or just send you back to the main menu. I remember being confused when I got to the post-credits menu in Kingdom Hearts II and wondering why it wouldn't let me leave. I can't speak for the other pictures though.

is there any option to enhance the grapics

Wat.

Edited by omegarevan

No, that team is atrocious even if they were all 50+ you could NOT have defeated the Sinnoh Elite 4 and the champion Cynthia oh and look they actually have diverse teams... wait so do the gym leaders considering they have to be strictly based on a specific type with Blue/Green being the exception to that rule.

I forgot about this topic :P

Anyways haters going to hate but that is the team I beat the game with so that is all I can say. It seems quite a few people on this thread have had similar experiences to me so here's a thought, if you are so good at pokemon next time you play why don't you mimic my team and see if you are able to beat the game with it.

:wave:

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Well, one of those kids actually beat it...somehow.

http://kotaku.com/y-cant-metroid-crawl-guy-beats-metroid-is-hilarious-510191575

Last time we checked in on Miiverse, some players were having trouble with Super Metroid. We shook our heads. We snarked about them damn spoiled kids. But at least one of those folks— PaulyU—persevered and finished the game. Here's the spoilery proof.

ku-xlarge.jpgSEXPAND

Hooray! Granted, he stumbled on his way there. ...a lot. Apparently these are but a third of his posts on Metroid:

ku-xlarge.jpgSEXPAND

Despite the trouble he had, Pauly's other posts prove there's an art to Miiverse. Maybe these are troll posts—I can't say. What I do know is, they're flippin' hilarious. Take a look:

ku-xlarge.jpgSEXPAND

ku-xlarge.jpgSEXPAND

ku-xlarge.jpg