Platinum time?

linkdevivo

41 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

I like to platinum all my games and I don't have time to sink 50 hours into a game (if that's how long it takes, for example) unless it's one i'm dying to play. Also i'm on a budget so i'd prefer to buy games that i'm going to platinum. Anyways, if you're not going to be helpful, kindly refrain from commenting. "Who cares?", I care. That's why a made a thread about it.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate people that look at games in a “hour/value” way but they’re free to do so, but you’re different in that you want to know how long it takes because you’re on a time budget (adult life sucks lol)

I am not much help but I really hope you get this plat dude :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

Don’t get me wrong, I hate people that look at games in a “hour/value” way but they’re free to do so, but you’re different in that you want to know how long it takes because you’re on a time budget (adult life sucks lol)

I am not much help but I really hope you get this plat dude :) 

Thanks, man. I hope I get it too. Nice Ellie avatar btw.

• Like 1

Definitely not more than 20 hours. You don't really need a guide to find the bots either, it's easy to find them by just listening for them and looking around. Same with chameleons (at least for me). I only looked up one of each, and I felt dumb with the bot I couldn't find out how to get to... it was obvious. :/ And I just couldn't hear the chameleon for some reason where it was in the level.

• Like 1

I'll be getting the platinum very soon, as i just finished the challenges (some of which are decently hard). It's definitely around 15 to 20 hours tops for platinum with an overall difficulty of 3.5 out of 10 in my opinion. No guide neccessary really like the previous poster stated, they all make alot of noice and with 3d audio, are easy to pinpoint. However, there is one tricky hidden bot in 1-2 (i think) thats worth mentioning. He's on a plane that flies overhead very briefly as soon as you get to the part with the balls Astro can throw at the cranes and targets. Even after learning where this bot was, i still missed it as it doesn't give you much time. I'd be suprised for anyone finding that one on their own.

So yeah main advice, every checkpoint just take a brief second to listen out for the bots and chameleon. The chameleon is bit more subtle and can be hard to hear over the music. (which there's no options to adjust individual audio settings currently) So get familiar with how the chameleon sounds and they should be no problem.

Also, as someone who really doesn't care for these types of cutesy, platformer mario type games, man this game just rocks! It's also the rare kind that literally gets better as you go. The suprises never stop either. It's just bursting with creativity and is highly polished and the most visually clear VR experience to date. Like i could go on and on with the specifics but i consider them all spoiler, cause the unexpected new weapons or game mechanics i didn't hear about first were just... Whaaaat , noooo way!" talk to yourself excitement kind of moment.  Even the credits were a suprising delight too. This is as good as it gets.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Honestly this is the perfect game for almost every type of gamer and every type of skill set. I'm terrible at attaining 100%/plats - mostly because I like to try out too many games and don't have enough time/patience with the games I do play more, but I love this site anyway because its fun to follow other's progress as well as my own. I'm going after a plat in this one because its just such a good game and relatively attainable without being an absolute chore or grind (sans maybe a few of the challenge levels). 

• Like 1