Quick Guide PSVR - Live the game

knoef_NL

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor PSVR

Hello Gamers!

This topic is all about PlayStation 4 Virtual Reality(PSVR).

I want to add around 10 games a week to this list, so just reply with any missing (good) game and I will add it.
If you add a description why you think it should be on this list, i will appreciate it. 

Table of content

1. Introduction
  2. PSVR Starter Tips
  3. Platformer Genre
  4. Adventure Genre
  5. Horror Genre
  6. Shooter Genre
  7. RPG Genre
  8. Sports Genre
  9. Party

Trophy rating to 100%. 1=easy 10=hard

# Game Genre Rating  Trophy Rating Hours to 100% Rating and Time Combined
15 Job simulator Simulation 7.0 1 4 5
4 The Playroom VR Party 7.6 3 3 6
2 Moss Platform 8.6 2 7 9
3 The Inpatient Horror 6.1 2 8 10
5 Robinson: The Journey Adventure / Explorer 6.8 3 10 13
1 Astro Bot Rescue Mission Platform 9.0 2 15 17
10 Untill dawn: Rush of Blood Horror / Shooting 7.7 7 10 17
6 SUPERHOT VR Shooter 7.2 4 20 24
7 The persistence Shooter / Survival 8.3 5 20 25
9 RE7 Biohazard Horror / Survival 7.8 5 25 30

1.Introduction 

I've seen a lot of questions on this forum regarding VR Games, trophies, peripherals, playtime and quality of games. To answer most of those questions, a central topic regarding games and their information could be a useful addition. I'm a proud owner of the PSVR, of course I didn't play all games. So if you have any information you would like to add, let me know and i will add it!

2.PSVR Starter Tips

The Virtual Reality can be a strange thing, the technology is new to the most of us. Cause of this you will most likely get used to the effect of the VR glasses. 
I recommend you to start playing for ~30 minutes and take a break in between, perhaps you can switch with a friend. After those 30 minutes, you will came to notice that you will feel a little dizzy. This is (for the most people) normal. When you get more acquainted with your PSVR, you will be able to play for a longer period of time.

Most PSVR games are expensive and have rather short game play. This is mostly because its relative new and developers are trying things out. If you really love a game, just buy it and support the company. otherwise I would advise to wait for a sale. For a complete list of VR Games and their ranking please click here.The games that are the best to start with are:

2.1 The Playroom VR Afbeeldingsresultaat voor playroom vR

Genre: Party
developer: Japan Studio
Trophies: 1 :platinum: - 5 :gold: - 5 :silver:  - 33 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 3/10 (Around 3 hours)

Price: 0 € $ £
Rating: 7.6
Gameplay video click here 

Peripherals: Headset + camera 
The playroom VR is a family game in which you can play a couple of mini games. It's either played solo or co-op. The other players can play along with a controller and watch on the TV screen.

2.2 Playstation VR Worlds Gerelateerde afbeelding

Genre: Action/Sports

developer: SIE London Studio
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  5 :gold: - 17 :silver: - 4 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 7/10 (Around 25 hours)

Price: 0 € $ £ (mostly giving free with the PSVR package)
Rating: 6.8

Peripherals: Headset + camera + optional motion controls 

VR worlds is a mix of games to play solo. You can dive into the water and experience an ocean life, race, shoot, play soccer with your head and play a space shooter. It's really a good way to learn the VR basics.

2.3 Job simulator image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Simulation 

developer: Owlchemy Labs
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  11 :gold: - 0 :silver: - 0 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 1/10 (Around 4 hours)

Price: 20 € $ £ (mostly giving free with the PSVR package)
Rating: 7.0

You are a office worker and you will need to perform some basic tasks! Its a really fun game to start your VR experience with. 

3. Platformers

3.1 Astro Bot Rescue Missionimage?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Platformer

developer: Japan Studio
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  5 :gold: - 17 :silver: - 4 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 2/10 (Around 15 hours)

Price: ~40 € $ £ 
Rating:  9.0 !!

Astro bot is a great platformer game. Some people call it the Mario for the PSVR. It's your job to rescue hundreds of robots while playing in greatly colorful levels. The theme's vary in an excellent way and the VR mechanics are terrific.

3.2 Moss image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Platformer

developer: Polyarc
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  6 :gold: - 8 :silver: - 17 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 2/10 (Around 7 hours)

Price: ~30 € $ £ 
Rating:  8.6 !

Moss is a platformer game set into the deep woods of the mouse world. Upon a day Quill (The mouse) finds a mysterious artifact(You, the VR player) and will give her some great powers.
It's your task to guide her trough the woods and save her kidnapped father. 

4. Adventure 

4.1 Robinson: The Journey spacer.pngspacer.pngimage?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Adventure / Explorer 

developer: Crytek
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  5 :gold: - 13 :silver: - 12:bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 3/10 (Around 10 hours)

Price: ~50 € $ £ 
Rating:  6.8

Robinson is a great game about a boy who has survived with a baby dinosaur. During the game you will be searching for information about a crashed mother ship. You will also be scanning animals and plants for information. Just like the most PSVR games, its expensive. It's best to buy them when they are in sale.

5. Horror 

5.1 The inpatient  image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Horror 

developer: Supermassive games
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  7 :gold: - 10 :silver: - 4 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 2/10 (Around 8 hours)

Price: ~40 € $ £ 
Rating:  6.1

Peripherals: Headset + camera + optional motion control

The inpatient is a horror game. It's belong to the game series of Until dawn and Until dawn Rush of blood(VR).It's really a nice game to play if you played until dawn.The choices you make will yet again make a difference in the game. Will you take the good or evil path? It's a rather short but intensive game. I would say around 4 hours of playtime. Of course you can reply it and make other choices. 

5.2 Until dawn: Rush of blood spacer.pngimage?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Horror / Shooter

Developer: Supermassive games
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  2 :gold: - 16 :silver: - 21 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 7/10 (Around 10 hours)

Price: ~20 € $ £ 
Rating:  7.7

Peripherals: Headset + camera + optional motion control

It's a game that belongs to the game series of Until dawn and the impatient. Its a great VR shooter game with a horror-like style.
You will see some familiar faces if you played the until dawn game. Don't expect the choices like the other games. The only choices you will be making is either to take the left or right path on the rails.

5.3 Resident evil 7 Biohazard image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Horror / Survival

Developer: Capcom
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  3 :gold: - 12 :silver: - 22 :bronze: (Base game)
Trophy Difficulty: 5/10 (Around 25 hours)

Price: ~30 € $ £ 
Rating: 7.8

VR Optional 

Resident evil 7 is all about escaping a horror house with a crazy family as its residents. Will you save your girlfriend or leave her behind? It's all up to you in this full triple A game!
VR is optional, can be played without VR.

6. Shooters

6.1 The persistenceimage?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Shooter

Developer: Firesprite
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  4 :gold: - 7 :silver: - 32 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 5/10 (15-20 hours)

Rating:  8.3!

The persistence is a game about a soldier who is stuck on the space ship. Its up to you to survive in this shooter / survival / horror like game. One of the nice mechanics is that the world will always be randomized upon dying.

6.2 SUPERHOT VR  image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Developer: Firesprite
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  7 :gold: - 6 :silver: - 12 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty*: 4/10 (Around 20 hours) (*according to non-vr guide)

Price: ~25 € $ £ 
Rating:  7.2

Peripherals: Headset + camera + Motion controller 
This one is a real shooter. Grab your aim controller and make sure to shoot as much enemies before you die. Of course a good gamer doesn't die.
Motion controllers are a must have.

6.3 Firewall Zero Hour image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Developer: Sony
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  6 :gold: - 10 :silver: - 10 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: ?/10 (Trophy guide non existent)

Price: ~40 € $ £ 
Rating:  8.9 !

Peripherals: Headset + camera + Aim controller optional
Firewall Zero hour is an online PSVR shooter game. You can play it with your controller or aim-controller (Gun). It's all about working in a team and killing the other people online!

6.4 Farpoint image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Developer: Impulse Gear
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  3 :gold: - 9 :silver: - 34 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: ?/10 (Trophy guide non existent)

Price: ~30 € $ £ 
Rating:  8.1

Peripherals: Headset + camera + Aim controller optional
You are stranded on a hostile planet. Its up to you (and up to one online player) to find your friend again...
I wont be easy since you will encounter hordes of enemies! 

6.5 Raw Data image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Developer: Survios
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  1 :gold: - 16 :silver: - 28 :bronze: 

Price: ~37 € $ £ 
Rating: 7.4

Peripherals: Headset + camera + Move controllers
Raw Data’s action combat gameplay, intuitive controls, challenging enemies, and sci-fi atmosphere will completely immerse you within the surreal environments of Eden Corp. Become the adrenaline-charged hero of your own futuristic technothriller.

6.6 RIGS Mechanized Combat League image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Developer: Guerrilla Cambridge
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  6 :gold: - 8 :silver: - 18 :bronze: 
Trophy Difficulty: 2/10 (Around 20 hours)

Rating: 7.6

Peripherals: Headset + camera + Move controllers

Take control of a range of massive athletic machines in the Mechanized Combat League – a near-future sports league which pits teams of pilots against each other in combat arenas around the world. Launching exclusively for PlayStation VR.

7. RPG

7.1 Skyrim VR image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: RPG

Developer: Bethesda
Trophies: 1 :platinum: -  1 :gold: - 14 :silver: - 35 :bronze: (Base game)
Trophy Difficulty*: 5/10 (125 hours) (*Based on non-VR trophy guide)

Price: ~70 € $ £ 
Rating:  8.0!

Peripherals: Headset + camera + motion controllers optional

Skyrim and Skyrim VR are 2 different games. Buying one will not give you access to the other one. Trophies are stack-able. 
always wanted to FUS RO DAH your enemies in VR? This is your chance!
Its a full triple A game in VR, lots of playing hours! Too bad its not in the base game, like RE 7.

8. Sports

8.1 Headmaster image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Sports

Developer: Frame Interactive
Trophies: 0 :platinum: -  1 :gold: - 2 :silver: - 11 :bronze: 

Price: ~20 € $ £ 
Rating:  7.2

9. Party

9.1 Keep talking and nobody explodes image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacity=100&_version=00_09_000

Genre: Party

Developer: Steel crate Games
Trophies: 0 :platinum: -  1 :gold: - 5 :silver: - 4 :bronze: 

Price: ~15 € $ £ 
Rating:  6.6

This game is all about teamwork! One person will de disarming the bomb(With VR glasses on). The one without the glasses will be reading a guide on the TV and giving instructions. Time is ticking, will you make it on time? 

Edited by knoef_NL
Added a few games
  • Like 2

Is this only PSVR required games?  Because if not, Resident Evil 7 needs to be here (it supports VR but isn't required).  Easily one of, if not the, best horror game you can play on PSVR.  Looks good, plays great and it's the full length game.

Skyrim VR for the same reasons. :)  Though it is PSVR required.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

I feel like Sony should give more PS VR games for free on PS Plus to drive that install base up, if you have 10-15 VR games around you’re more likely to get a headset than having none or under than 5. Since you’ll want to play those games at some point. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Is this only PSVR required games?  Because if not, Resident Evil 7 needs to be here (it supports VR but isn't required).  Easily one of, if not the, best horror game you can play on PSVR.  Looks good, plays great and it's the full length game.

Skyrim VR for the same reasons. :)  Though it is PSVR required.

I Added Skyrim and RE7. 
I really hate it that Skyrim vr is not accessible trough the regular game... Just like Borderlands 2 VR, which will require you to buy it again... 

30 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Shouldn't that be Price instead of Prize? Sounds like you're giving away money instead

Edited! You deserve a prize! Hehe ;) 

17 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

I feel like Sony should give more PS VR games for free on PS Plus to drive that install base up, if you have 10-15 VR games around you’re more likely to get a headset than having none or under than 5. Since you’ll want to play those games at some point. 

Yhea, there have been a few, but mainly rather odd games and developed by Sony themselves. 
The VR games are always an added "bonus" . A full game within the giveaway would be nice indeed! Something simple like job simulator or Batman would been a good starter don't you think?

14 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

I Added Skyrim and RE7. 
I really hate it that Skyrim vr is not accessible trough the regular game... Just like Borderlands 2 VR, which will require you to buy it again... 

Edited! You deserve a prize! Hehe ;) 

Yhea, there have been a few, but mainly rather odd games and developed by Sony themselves. 
The VR games are always an added "bonus" . A full game within the giveaway would be nice indeed! Something simple like job simulator or Batman would been a good starter don't you think?

I think they should stop giving PS3 and PS Vita games and start giving great PS VR and PS4, imagine getting Bloodborne/Ratchet and Clank caliber months every month on PS4 while getting a good PS VR game monthly? Something like Batman: Arkham VR or Firewall: Zero Hour (to boost the playerbase when it drops later in the future)! That would be sweet. 

This could really turn into something. Thank you Knoef for the effort! I’ll help out with the list, but first...

Instead of a top 10 shouldn’t we just make a full list of all psvrgames. 

Also, i would advice to drop the game ratings unless they come from a source that you can link.

metacritic already has a list like this. https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc&hardware=psvr

i think our strength would be to focus on trophy information. After all, we are a trophy website.

So for example I would recommend something like this. 100% Difficulty and duration. 

1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - Platformer - 3/10. 20 hrs
  2. Firewall Zero Hour - Shooter - 7/10. 150 hrs
  3. Moss - Platformer - etc.
  4. The Persistence - Shooter / Survival - etc.
  5. Farpoint - Shooter - 9/10. 30 hrs
  6. Skyrim VR - RPG - 5/10. 120 hrs
  7. Resident Evil 7 - Horror / Survival - etc
  8. Until dawn: Rush of Blood - Shooter / Horror - 8/10. 15 hrs
  9. The Playroom VR - Party - etc
  10. Headmaster - Sports - etc.

We would get the info from trophy guides on this website or other websites or own experience. (In that order)

Last thing. If we’re going to add pictures in the list like you did, i would recommend to let all text stick to the left instead of the center. It’s a bit of a mess now.

(Dutch comment for Knoef)

Lekker bezig man, hopelijk begrijp je dat ik het goed bedoel! Maar het is jouw feestje ;)

Edited by Deaths_Trooper

1 hour ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

This could really turn into something. Thank you Knoef for the effort! I’ll help out with the list, but first...

Instead of a top 10 shouldn’t we just make a full list of all psvrgames. 

Also, i would advice to drop the game ratings unless they come from a source that you can link.

metacritic already has a list like this. https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc&hardware=psvr

i think our strength would be to focus on trophy information. After all, we are a trophy website.

So for example I would recommend something like this. 100% Difficulty and duration. 

1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - Platformer - 3/10. 20 hrs
  2. Firewall Zero Hour - Shooter - 7/10. 150 hrs
  3. Moss - Platformer - etc.
  4. The Persistence - Shooter / Survival - etc.
  5. Farpoint - Shooter - 9/10. 30 hrs
  6. Skyrim VR - RPG - 5/10. 120 hrs
  7. Resident Evil 7 - Horror / Survival - etc
  8. Until dawn: Rush of Blood - Shooter / Horror - 8/10. 15 hrs
  9. The Playroom VR - Party - etc
  10. Headmaster - Sports - etc.

We would get the info from trophy guides on this website or other websites or own experience. (In that order)

Last thing. If we’re going to add pictures in the list like you did, i would recommend to let all text stick to the left instead of the center. It’s a bit of a mess now.

(Dutch comment for Knoef)

Lekker bezig man, hopelijk begrijp je dat ik het goed bedoel! Maar het is jouw feestje ;)

Hey!
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into the ratings. 
The main target here is to provide info about the PSVR games, its not only based on trophies.
But, your point that it is a trophy website is legit, so ill add some more info about the trophies. Only problem is that most VR games don't really have trohpy guides, so that will be hard. 

Added more info regarding trophies.
It links towards the trophy guides. Amount of hours to complete it 100% added.
Also I added a tabel regarding the top 15 easiest games to get a 100%/plat trophy. 

I could use some more input regarding games you played/liked the most!! Help me out

Edited by knoef_NL

@knoef_NL

I would add Job Simulator as part of the starter kit as it is easy and does not give you motion sickness. Great first game.

As for other games worth adding:

Rigs: MCL could be added under shooter/sports? It's set up like a sports game. I find it feels more like a sports game because it has American football and Powerball (basketball?) even though it has a lot of shooting aspects to it. It's in my top 5 VR games atm. It uses a D4 instead of the move controllers, but it feels like you're piloting a mech which is an amazing experience.

As for those who liked Superhot VR, Raw Data is a good game to grab. The move controls are a little clunky at times, but nothing is more satisfying than swinging around a saber katana or getting a headshot with a bow. Absolutely amazing.

Lastly, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a good start up game as well if you have 2 people. It was my first VR game and wouldn't choose another game to be my first experience on VR. No motion sickness and is thrilling at times especially when you are with a big group of friends. 

If I had a top 5 right now, it would probably be....

1. Superhot VR

2. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

3. Rigs: MCL

4. Raw Data

5. Job Simulator

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

14 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@knoef_NL

I would add Job Simulator as part of the starter kit as it is easy and does not give you motion sickness. Great first game.

As for other games worth adding:

Rigs: MCL could be added under shooter/sports? It's set up like a sports game. I find it feels more like a sports game because it has American football and Powerball (basketball?) even though it has a lot of shooting aspects to it. It's in my top 5 VR games atm. It uses a D4 instead of the move controllers, but it feels like you're piloting a mech which is an amazing experience.

As for those who liked Superhot VR, Raw Data is a good game to grab. The move controls are a little clunky at times, but nothing is more satisfying than swinging around a saber katana or getting a headshot with a bow. Absolutely amazing.

Lastly, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a good start up game as well if you have 2 people. It was my first VR game and wouldn't choose another game to be my first experience on VR. No motion sickness and is thrilling at times especially when you are with a big group of friends. 

If I had a top 5 right now, it would probably be....

1. Superhot VR

2. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

3. Raw Data

4. Rigs: MCL

5. Job Simulator

I've added Job simulator to the basic section. 
The other games will be added in a few hours. 

I've added the requested games.
The top 10 is now:

# Game Genre Rating  Trophy Rating Hours to 100% Rating and Time Combined
15 Job simulator Simulation 7.0 1 4 5
4 The Playroom VR Party 7.6 3 3 6
2 Moss Platform 8.6 2 7 9
3 The Inpatient Horror 6.1 2 8 10
5 Robinson: The Journey Adventure / Explorer 6.8 3 10 13
1 Astro Bot Rescue Mission Platform 9.0 2 15 17
10 Untill dawn: Rush of Blood Horror / Shooting 7.7 7 10 17
6 SUPERHOT VR Shooter 7.2 4 20 24
7 The persistence Shooter / Survival 8.3 5 20 25