Microsoft Forgets to Register Xbox One Domains

Kurorac

No, I'm pretty sure I read  the game disc will download the game to your system and you would never use the disc again. Multiple systems = multiple downloads = $ for every download after the first one. Since the announcement you will see in this article that Micro$oft has recently accounted for household games but won't reveal until E3 . . .

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-used-games/

Read #4 of the link you posted - never mind I'll post it here:

#4 - YOU CAN DOWNLOAD GAMES THAT WERE PURCHASED ON DISC

Here's an interesting situation. What happens if you want to play a game you own on a friends console? You will, Penello says, have "the ability to go over to your friends house, download your save game, or even download your game to his Xbox and pick up where you left off." So, not only will your game saves be stored in the cloud, your entire game library will be and you'll be able to download it from anywhere.

• Like 1

No, I'm pretty sure I read  the game disc will download the game to your system and you would never use the disc again. Multiple systems = multiple downloads = $ for every download after the first one. Since the announcement you will see in this article that Micro$oft has recently accounted for household games but won't reveal until E3 . . .

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-used-games/

Show me the bit where it says you need to pay again...

The specifics that haven't been revealed yet is how you trade it in and the game gets dis-associated from your account.

It quite clearly states that you can play from any other console, you just need to be signed into your account.

Your friends can play your copy of the game if they are in your "discreet number of friends" list (you can bet this will be heavily restricted).

Obviously, previous information for the Xbox One has been adjusted, drastically.  :rolleyes:

Well technically the one refers to the xbox becoming the "one" box you need for all your entertainment needs and not the 1st xbox. I thought that was pretty apparent.

I have 3 playstations and an xbox in my household and I can only play online with 2 of my ps3s because of the activation limit on the ps3 - life goes on. As far as I have read you can play the "xbox one" games anywhere you want as long as your signed into your account - they also stated that multiple players can play on the same system. Look above for my comment on the name.

720 still makes more sense. As far activations go on the PS3, you can just deactivate your account on one from the account management to use on another - without a fee. 

Obviously, previous information for the Xbox One has been adjusted, drastically.  :rolleyes:

720 still makes more sense. As far activations go on the PS3, you can just deactivate your account on one from the account management to use on another - without a fee. 

I do like the 720 name better but their reasoning behind the "xbox one" name still makes more sense than the 720 name. Yes you can activate and deactivate PS3s all day long, but that still doesn't solve the problem of only being able to play on just 2 machines.

I do like the 720 name better but their reasoning behind the "xbox one" name still makes more sense than the 720 name. Yes you can activate and deactivate PS3s all day long, but that still doesn't solve the problem of only being able to play on just 2 machines.

I think X-Box 720 makes more sense than X-Box "One" :S

Hell at least Sony is consistent with their console names (PS1,PS2,PS3,soon PS4)

I think X-Box 720 makes more sense than X-Box "One" :S

Hell at least Sony is consistent with their console names (PS1,PS2,PS3,soon PS4)

Why would it make more sense the first xbox wasn't named xbox 180 - they are marketing the new xbox as an all in one box hence the name xbox one.

Why would it make more sense the first xbox wasn't named xbox 180 - they are marketing the new xbox as an all in one box hence the name xbox one.

I see that, but it's just plain stupid, they should have foreseen the confusion and used "The One". Everyone I know refers to the first system as Xbox 1, I guess now we'll just call it "the first Xbox" :lol:

And why even name the second one "360" then? If they were switching to degrees all of a sudden, stick with it, no?

Edited by xWSPx420x