How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

On 1/5/2023 at 1:28 AM, Dinreth said:

Just to confirm 5th Jan 2023 this still works. Was so easy! Thanks for this!

Used digital download version of Royal Edition as in-game comrades edition download came with it.

Sorry for asking so late, but did you anything differently to get 1.26 downloaded?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 1:28 AM, Dinreth said:

Just to confirm 5th Jan 2023 this still works. Was so easy! Thanks for this!

Used digital download version of Royal Edition as in-game comrades edition download came with it.

Did you do anything differently from the instructions? Been trying and still cannot get the right files.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, DoomMetalMan said:

Did you do anything differently from the instructions? Been trying and still cannot get the right files.

I don't know if you got to that step, but perhaps to begin again and redo all the steps, removing the path if you set it up.

Nice handle by the way!.

• 2 weeks later...

I could not get this working, as other's have described, it failed to connect on console, and no pop-up in Charles.

1. To get around this, I turned on Mobile Hotspot on my laptop with an SSID and Password, then connected to that connection with the PS5.

2. Disable Windows Firewall.

3. Then click the Wi-Fi connection on the console's network connections list, and click Advanced Settings.

4. Set the Proxy to Use, and input your IP Address and Port, hit Done.

This immediately rerouted the hotspot Wi-Fi thru Charles with no pop up, but lots of PlayStation/Sony URLs in the left window.

From here the rest was very simple, and everything installed perfectly.

Soon as the remapping was done, and I restarted the download, the Game's Information on the console shows 1.26 instead of 1.30.

The directories were a bit different, as mine said 33 instead of the 30 for US which the guide describes, but the CUS# was the same.

At this point I connected the PS5 back to my Wired LAN connection, turned off the mobile hotspot, closed Charles and re-enabled Windows Firewall on all networks.

The correct update is already downloading so, you don't need to keep Charles active after you've remapped and started downloading the 1.26, or 1.18, or whatever version you're downloading.

• Like 1

Hello! Thank you so much for this guide. I was able to 100% Comrades (US) trophies and transfer to standalone and 100% that too.

I recently bought all the other region FFXV's and will be working on those soon x__________x

I was able to get everything working for the EU and JP versions (already popped 3 trophies each), but for Asia and China (mainland) I've been having some issues.

Both of my copies are physical Royal Edition, but the DLC codes were already used. I bought the Season Pass on Asia PSN since it said it includes Comrades, but only gives me access to the standalone version. If the codes in my used copy of Royal Edition don't work, is my physical copy basically useless? I need to purchase a brand new fully digital copy of Royal Edition to get the built-in Comrades, making my disc useless? Or is there a way to purchase the DLC packs if the codes that come with my physical copy are used?

Alternatively, could I subscribe for 1 month of PS+ and snag the built-in Comrades, and it'll stay since I purchased the Season Pass? Or is it considered a completely separate install from the disc version?

My other question is, I more or less have the same issue with my mainland China version of the game -- the codes were used. But I noticed CN region doesn't have the standalone Comrades -- only built-in. Does this mean buying the Season Pass from the CN PSN store will get me the built-in version?

I've already burnt a lot of money on these physical copies and DLC packs only for them to not show up, so I'm trying to double check before I waste even more money. ;____;

Thank you!!

On 9/30/2023 at 2:51 AM, karitaru said:

If I played the main game on the latest patch then downgraded before playing comrades, would I still get them all in one trophy list?

Progress is stored in different files, which means that any data you do in the dlc will not overlap with the main game.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying this out, excellent guide.

Doing this with a digital version and I think it is downloading the correct 1.26 version at the moment, since the filesize changed from 79-something GB to 73-something after I canceled the original download and started downloading it again.

This did not happen on my first attempt though (i.e. the filesize did not change), so I'll mention this as a tip that might help out someone else: during the Map Editing step, the 'Query' tab of the 'Map From...' section had text in it, so in my case it wasn't automatically empty as the guide suggested. The filesize didn't change to that of version 1.26 on my first attempt, when I left that text intact - on my second attempt I deleted it completely, and that was when things worked as intended and 1.26 began downloading.

Again, can't thank you enough for the comprehensive, foolproof guide. I'm terrible at this kind of stuff so the whole process going off (almost) without a hitch is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to connect via Charles? Just yesterday everything worked, I did everything according to the instructions, but today the connection window does not appear in the Charles application. Can someone check if this method still works?

I've actually been trying to solve this problem for about 10 hours, and by the way, is it normal that when I just launch Charles, the Internet on my computer does not work, but as soon as I close it, everything works perfectly

P.S it was hard but I was able to connect through Charles and even a window appeared. I just googled video guides charles setup. And I configured the trust certificates that are needed for work, perhaps this helped. And I also used another device since my Windows did not work. I did everything on my MacBook, the IPs are different on the MacBook and on Windows. And also, your PlayStation and computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and not via wire.

Edited by shprotovz
my problem is solved
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So after a long, long, long time, I'm finally ready to try this. After skimming through this thread again, it seems I can safely conclude that:

1. It's possible to do on PS5 (some users have reported not having luck, but it sounds like it should work)

2. Digital Royal Edition from PS+ Collection should work 100% fine.

3. Firewall issues are a common early roadblock

4. Version 1.18 might be slightly more favorable and less work to play than version 1.26

I'm worried I'm going to run into problems, but I'm eager to give it a try either way.

Edit: Oh and one other question. I thought I saw someone in this thread (or somewhere) say you could theoretically play this online with other people, but most posts say you have to be solo since you gotta keep your internet off or something. I have a friend who is interested in doing it too, but I don't know if we'd be able to play it together.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Veritas7Ax said:

So after a long, long, long time, I'm finally ready to try this. After skimming through this thread again, it seems I can safely conclude that:

1. It's possible to do on PS5 (some users have reported not having luck, but it sounds like it should work)

2. Digital Royal Edition from PS+ Collection should work 100% fine.

3. Firewall issues are a common early roadblock

4. Version 1.18 might be slightly more favorable and less work to play than version 1.26

I'm worried I'm going to run into problems, but I'm eager to give it a try either way.

Edit: Oh and one other question. I thought I saw someone in this thread (or somewhere) say you could theoretically play this online with other people, but most posts say you have to be solo since you gotta keep your internet off or something. I have a friend who is interested in doing it too, but I don't know if we'd be able to play it together.

1. I can personally confirm it works on PS5. 

That's how I did it. 

2. Again, I can personally confirm this. 

I used the royal edition free from ps plus

4. I used version 1.26, didn't spend hours upon hours farming for materials and still managed to complete the game just fine. 

Personally the hours of farming the guide recommends is just not necessary if you have even a little bit of skill. 

As for playing it online with other people. 

100% not possible for the dlc version of comrades. 

Because you are playing the game on an earlier version, it won't let you connect to the online features unless you are running the most recent version, which of course then removes comrades. 

The dlc version has to be done 100% solo

The only reason it's recommended to play off line is so you don't have to constantly cancel the update that the console will try and download every time you turn the console on. 

Edited by Azure Kite
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Azure Kite said:

That's how I did it. 

4. I used version 1.26, didn't spend hours upon hours farming for materials and still managed to complete the game just fine. 

Personally the hours of farming the guide recommends is just not necessary if you have even a little bit of skill. 

Because you are playing the game on an earlier version, it won't let you connect to the online features unless you are running the most recent version, which of course then removes comrades. 

The only reason it's recommended to play off line is so you don't have to constantly cancel the update that the console will try and download every time you turn the console on. 

Very much appreciate the response and touching on all of that! Thanks. I kinda figured that was going to be the case as far as solo/co-op goes. Bummer I won't be able to help my friend, but maybe I can at least motivate him to get it done too. And who knows, maybe we do the standalone one later instead.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Very much appreciate the response and touching on all of that! Thanks. I kinda figured that was going to be the case as far as solo/co-op goes. Bummer I won't be able to help my friend, but maybe I can at least motivate him to get it done too. And who knows, maybe we do the standalone one later instead.

If you need help at all on the Standalone stuff, there are some good active helpers in the r/officialffxv discord (i can send you an invite if you need). They also have lots of advice if you get stuck for weapon builds and whatnot. Die's guide on gamefaqs is really useful too!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 6:37 PM, lgnis-Fatuus- said:

Hello! Thank you so much for this guide. I was able to 100% Comrades (US) trophies and transfer to standalone and 100% that too.

I recently bought all the other region FFXV's and will be working on those soon x__________x

I was able to get everything working for the EU and JP versions (already popped 3 trophies each), but for Asia and China (mainland) I've been having some issues.

Both of my copies are physical Royal Edition, but the DLC codes were already used. I bought the Season Pass on Asia PSN since it said it includes Comrades, but only gives me access to the standalone version. If the codes in my used copy of Royal Edition don't work, is my physical copy basically useless? I need to purchase a brand new fully digital copy of Royal Edition to get the built-in Comrades, making my disc useless? Or is there a way to purchase the DLC packs if the codes that come with my physical copy are used?

Alternatively, could I subscribe for 1 month of PS+ and snag the built-in Comrades, and it'll stay since I purchased the Season Pass? Or is it considered a completely separate install from the disc version?

My other question is, I more or less have the same issue with my mainland China version of the game -- the codes were used. But I noticed CN region doesn't have the standalone Comrades -- only built-in. Does this mean buying the Season Pass from the CN PSN store will get me the built-in version?

I've already burnt a lot of money on these physical copies and DLC packs only for them to not show up, so I'm trying to double check before I waste even more money. ;____;

Thank you!!

Just in-case anyone wanted answers to the above, as I just finished all 5 trophy regions for base game and all 4 trophy regions for stand alone!

Season pass does not get you DLC Comrades. Do NOT BUY SEASON PASS. The only way to get DLC Comrades is to get Royal EDITION. Not Royal PACK. You can get Royal Edition by purchasing a BRAND NEW copy of FFXV Royal Edition (if it's used, there's a 99.9999% chance the DLC code inside is unusable. the disc itself is vanilla XV and you're wasting your money buying a used copy of royal edition unless you want the box). The other two, much better options, are to straight up purchase Royal EDITION (full game) from the PSN shop, even if you own Vanilla (can't upgrade vanilla to Royal EDITION which is needed for Comrades DLC), OR just download the Royal Edition for free via PS+ subscription. I can confirm this works on all 4 regions (US, EU, JP, AS).

I can't confirm if you can keep playing Comrades DLC one your PS+ subscription ends if you own the Season PASS. To be honest, you have a month, and getting all DLC trophies takes like 10-15 hours. If you upgrade to standalone and your PS+ subscription expires, you're fine to just purchase the Season PASS at this point.

Regarding the CN version, there is no standalone. The DLC version of the game features all content from the standalone but none of the standalone trophies. You can effectively ignore this entire guide for CN version, since there's no reason to downgrade since none of its trophies are missable. DLC version in CN is still online and you can do everything with the latest version. For that same reason, you do NOT need to worry about getting Royal Edition vs Royal Pack since just buying Season Pass gets you the DLC Comrades (since again, CN has no standalone).

One more thing to save you all a lot of time, but I searched everywhere on the Internet and talked to a bunch of people including the guy who made the GameFAQs guide, and nobody can seem to find the patch links for 1.18 for AS and JP, so your best bet is to do 1.26 for those, which is found in this thread. That means you can't do the item glitch for those regions. After getting all trophies, I'd say it made a difference of like an HOUR, maybe two? Not worth it. Definitely do 1.18 for US and EU, but for the other 2 regions it's not an issue. Your builds will be trash if you're doing Kenny or Ardyn/Ravus fights, but since those fights are only in standalone and can be done online, you can just find some other people to help you clear to mitigate the loss of the item glitch. :)

Hope these comments help anyone trying to do all regions. Good luck!!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 9:03 PM, Azure Kite said:

That's how I did it. 

A few delays came up, but I'm finally going through the steps. I wanted to commit to 1.18 but if I'm reading this right... the SECOND batch of Comrades trophies came with 1.23. Now this seems dumb from me, but I don't think downloading 1.18 would mean I can't get those trophies... I just don't think that's how it works? I could be wrong. Unless there is specific content in 1.23 (and 1.26) EXCLUSIVELY that you can't do otherwise, then yeah.

But you suggested 1.26 is fine, so maybe to make my life easier, I'll just stick with that.

Edit: very rapid edit here, since I went ahead and researched the patch notes. It sounds like 1.18 will NOT let you get the 2nd batch of Comrades trophies.

Version 1.23
Addition of new Comrades quests (exclusive to COMRADES)
Implementation of new Royal Sigils (exclusive to COMRADES)
Introduction of chocobo breeding features (exclusive to COMRADES)

Addition of new trophies (exclusive to COMRADES)
Addition of a scene to Chapter 5
Various bug fixes

The wording specifically says they were implemented/introduced, so these correspond to the two trophies, which to me implies, not doable in the 1.18 version. So 1.26 it is! And that's that!

Hope this maybe clears it up for someone else in the future.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm planning to buy FFXV (and to obtain 100% of course) and I have a few questions. Can I play comrades before anything else or it appears further into the story. If I can start from the beginning, does it spoil anything crucial? Does playing the main game on 1.18 or 1.26 affects it in some negative way? And is it easy to update the game from 1.18 to 1.26 through this app. If these questions (and answers) had already appeared in this topic, I'm sorry, but I had no intention in scrolling through it all.

Edited by Cerber108

50 minutes ago, Cerber108 said:

Hi, I'm planning to buy FFXV (and to obtain 100% of course) and I have a few questions. Can I play comrades before anything else or it appears further into the story. If I can start from the beginning, does it spoil anything crucial? Does playing the main game on 1.18 or 1.26 affects it in some negative way? And is it easy to update the game from 1.18 to 1.26 through this app. If these questions (and answers) had already appeared in this topic, I'm sorry, but I had no intention in scrolling through it all.

Yes, you can start Comrades right away. Yes, there is a bit of spoiler at the end, but players probably wouldn't be able to understand due to lack of previous context, so it's up to you. As for 1.18 or 1.26, I played the 1.26 version, did Comrades first, then updated the game to the newest version, but unless version 1.18 has a drastic change, I don't think it matters, but read the post above you.

Edited by Boni_Neto

1 hour ago, Boni_Neto said:

Yes, you can start Comrades right away. Yes, there is a bit of spoiler at the end, but players probably wouldn't be able to understand due to lack of previous context, so it's up to you. As for 1.18 or 1.26, I played the 1.26 version, did Comrades first, then updated the game to the newest version, but unless version 1.18 has a drastic change, I don't think it matters, but read the post above you.

Thanks for the answer. I asked about 1.18 because allegedly it may save like 10 hours if you cheese some stuff first and then update to 1.26 and earn the second set of comrades trophies already prepared.

On 11/30/2023 at 10:39 PM, Cerber108 said:

Thanks for the answer. I asked about 1.18 because allegedly it may save like 10 hours if you cheese some stuff first and then update to 1.26 and earn the second set of comrades trophies already prepared.

I definitely does, I started on 1.18 based on a guide by Die on Gamefaqs. It sure saves time because there are some bugs you can exploit before moving on. It helps with the second set of trophies and for preparing your weapon upgrades as you can more easily earn Gil for kW and Laser Sensors for weapon upgrades. 
I finished the base game Comrades this way and I only need to do one more trophy in the standalone one. 

Edited by MarcoItachiKun

10 hours ago, MarcoItachiKun said:

I definitely does, I started on 1.18 based on a guide by Die on Gamefaqs. It sure saves time because there are some bugs you can exploit before moving on. It helps with the second set of trophies and for preparing your weapon upgrades as you can more easily earn Gil for kW and Laser Sensors for weapon upgrades. 
I finished the base game Comrades this way and I only need to do one more trophy in the standalone one. 

Cool, thanks for confirmation.