Overdrive Overlord not unlocking

Spinosaurus Rex

So, what's worse than playing this and grinding buildings to get a plat?

Grinding to 250,000 building, not seeing the trophy pop, deleting the save hard way (to hopefully reset the counter), grinding to 250,000 again and still don't see the trophy.

Honestly, I feel like shit, even bigger than this game is. Normal people wouldn't even play this, but UR plat + 91% completion is too hard for me to abandon now. I seriously need some advice from lucky people, how your stage looks like and how exactly your grind looks like.

My first grind:

- 194 building next to starting zone (so I had to move OVERLORD to destroy buildings)

- not done in one session, counter in bottom-right corner stopped at 99,999 and I kept destroying buildings

- all trophies but for 250,000 buildings popped, I didn't take much notice how many buildings I've destroyed but certainly more than 250,000

My second grind:

- 194 building exactly on landing spot to save time

- not done in one session, but I was resetting the console every time I took a break to start from 0 and exactly counted destroyed buildings

- at 260,000, still no trophy

I feel like a freaking shitgame tester, that's for sure. Somebody can share their set-up for grind and tell how lucky they were with it? Maybe someone know if the game saves the counter immediately or only after exiting the game via "Back to Menu" option?

Edited by sashamence

There is a thread further down where people (including myself) were sometimes closer to 300k destroyed before it popped. If you aren't using it already, I highly suggest using the script for remote play, also in another thread. Something else you might try is to go into story mode and beat a level and let the game save there after a long grind session. 

I remember turning off my PS4 after a grind sesh and had my points go back to zero but I don't think it had an effect on my building count, but I could be wrong. Also you should put the PS4 into rest mode between grinds but the game might crash eventually. I wouldn't delete your save data until you were closer to 300k buildings destroyed.

Your setup is fine, it's just about getting it to pop.

• Like 1

Echo what Jason has said here. I tried to line up unlocking the PS4 and Vita Plats at the same time after using the 100k trophy for reference and it took another 3hrs for the Vita plat to unlock after the PS4 for no reason...

Edit: Couple of other things:

I had buildings to the side on one console and directly under me on the other so that doesn't matter.

I used the kill all but one building and restart setup. You HAVE to finish the stage for the game to save which I know cause I had a crash after a bunch of farming and lost it all... :(

Edited by jimbob12345678

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2018 at 11:24 AM, sashamence said:

So, what's worse than playing this and grinding buildings to get a plat?

Grinding to 250,000 building, not seeing the trophy pop, deleting the save hard way (to hopefully reset the counter), grinding to 250,000 again and still don't see the trophy.

Honestly, I feel like shit, even bigger than this game is. Normal people wouldn't even play this, but UR plat + 91% completion is too hard for me to abandon now. I seriously need some advice from lucky people, how your stage looks like and how exactly your grind looks like.

My first grind:

- 194 building next to starting zone (so I had to move OVERLORD to destroy buildings)

- not done in one session, counter in bottom-right corner stopped at 99,999 and I kept destroying buildings

- all trophies but for 250,000 buildings popped, I didn't take much notice how many buildings I've destroyed but certainly more than 250,000

My second grind:

- 194 building exactly on landing spot to save time

- not done in one session, but I was resetting the console every time I took a break to start from 0 and exactly counted destroyed buildings

- at 260,000, still no trophy

I feel like a freaking shitgame tester, that's for sure. Somebody can share their set-up for grind and tell how lucky they were with it? Maybe someone know if the game saves the counter immediately or only after exiting the game via "Back to Menu" option?

I've just started this "game". I'm really thinking lookin out a doctor to see if I'm "normal. Because I'm asking to myself if it's normal to play crap like this.

2 hours ago, brunorossin said:

I've just started this "game". I'm really thinking lookin out a doctor to see if I'm "normal. Because I'm asking to myself if it's normal to play crap like this.

This is what happens when you're lured by 2.16% plat rarity, 3/10 difficulty and "only" 17 hours to complete. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Quick question about 250k
Do I need to accumulate total number of 250k points/buildings (even if counters stops after 99k and then don't spend them at all ) or 250k total points during playing. (so spending points don't interrupt the trophy )
I'm only like 4 trophies away from plat and 250k is my only worry for now. Even started to farm buildings on my custom map and saving after farming 10k (replaying mission in story mode )

Edited by Han_PL

What I think that happens is that the game doesn't save when you simply leave the grinding level and close the game. What I ended up doing to confirm that the game saved, was going to the settings on the main menu and changing something so that it would update the save file. It popped normally for me doing that.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/9/2019 at 1:45 PM, brunorossin said:

The worst part is, I paid for this, and then it became free for PS+... :| 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:00 PM, Danine92 said:

Hi!

@Han_PL @Spinosaurus Rex Dou you know if you get your first 99999, can you continue break buildings? Or you need restore the counter?

I Got trophy :) You can continue break buildings after get 99999 :)

Thank you!

Yeah, it's a total shitburg you're supposed to break 250k, and that counter stops at 100k xD 

• 2 years later...
On 1/9/2019 at 4:45 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

This is what happens when you're lured by 2.16% plat rarity, 3/10 difficulty and "only" 17 hours to complete. 

How would you rate it? Was the difficulty off? A couple of levels are frustrating because it kills you just seconds in, and then you gotta wait another 30-45 secs for the level to restart, but they weren't difficult IMO, especially not if you grinded up some points first. Also, you may not notice that a level can have different goals, so that can add to the frustration. I think the time is generous for grind + completing game.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.06.2023 at 8:30 PM, MMDE said:

How would you rate it? Was the difficulty off? A couple of levels are frustrating because it kills you just seconds in, and then you gotta wait another 30-45 secs for the level to restart, but they weren't difficult IMO, especially not if you grinded up some points first. Also, you may not notice that a level can have different goals, so that can add to the frustration. I think the time is generous for grind + completing game.

Interesting to see such question after 4.5 years after initial discussion, and it's not easy question to answer after not playing the game for almost 4 years (got the plat on Vita on september 2019), but I'll try anyway, so...

Difficulty-wise, I'd say 4/10. This score in my book is reserved for games that frustrated me and not just because I sucked (either by bullshit design, bad controls, long loadings etc.) and SO is good example of such game in my opinion. 3/10 I'd reserve for games where you die from time to time, but provides pleasant, barely frustrating experience.

Time-wise, it's hard for me to tell because I was fighting with this one trophy, stupidly restarting progress. Probably 17 hours is ok, but I'd give 20 because round numbers looks better to me (even if it's 17+% difference).

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex