My quest for 'Global Domination'

x_First2Fight_x

There have been a slew of people saying that the trophy is "glitched."

Here is the trophy in question:

41Sda4bcc.png

Global Domination

"You won a week of Global Challenge."

So, after dominating my friends in last weeks Global Challenges, I booted up my PS3, started GRID 2, headed to the online mode and launched Global Challenge, only to find myself at the top of my friends leaderboard, but with no trophy. Aggravated at the thought of this, I decided to come here and post my scores for this weeks Global Challenges.

Come next Friday, when this week's Global Challenges are over, we'll see if the trophy pops.

Here are my scores:

Rockstar Energy

Algarve Power Lap (Sport Circuit)

Personal Best - 01:37.156

Gold Medal Target - 01:38.270

Brands Hatch

Brands Hatch Drift (Indy Circuit)

Personal Best - 360,960 pts

Gold Medal Target - 330,000 pts

Brands Hatch Checkpoint (Indy Circuit Reversed)

Personal Best - 27,842 ft

Gold Medal Target - 22,193 ft

Red Bull Ring

Red Bull Ring Checkpoint (North Circuit Reversed)

Personal Best - 47,510 ft

Gold Medal Target - 43,387 ft

Red Bull Ring Power Lap (North Circuit Reversed)

Personal Best - 00:37.098

Gold Medal Target - 00:37.330

Red Bull Ring Power Lap (GP Circuit Reversed)

Personal Best - 01:21.301

Gold Medal Target - 01:23.413

Hong Kong

Hong Kong Overtake (Ap Lei Chau)

Personal Best - 16,600 pts

Gold Medal Target - 11,100 pts

Hong Kong Overtake (Wan Chai Gap)

Personal Best - 22,000 pts

Gold Medal Target - 11,300 pts

Okutama

Okutama Drft (Sakura Pass)

Personal Best - 426,760 pts

Gold Medal Target - 425,000 pts

I now have a gold medal in every event. Lets see what Friday brings, and if I'm at the top of the leaderboard or not..!??

Edited by x_First2Fight_x

ok, hope this makes sense, its not about the actual events, its the points leaderboard for 'global challenge' that counts. and its not just Rivals, its also your friends. if you were leading on the leaderboard then it may be glitched, but i had no problem with it.

Hence why I mentioned that I dominated my friends, including the two random rivals it put on my list. Beat them all by a minimum 1,800 points. My whole point for tracking each event, is because I want gold in each event, so there is no excuse for it not to pop :P

On the PS3 it says I'm level 1, on racenet it says I'm level 7 -- why is that? On my ps3 i am 18000 points on leaderboards, over another dude who is 3600, so I'm clearly winning -- why does it say on racenet that I'm losing against this random rival?

On the PS3 it says I'm level 1, on racenet it says I'm level 7 -- why is that? On my ps3 i am 18000 points on leaderboards, over another dude who is 3600, so I'm clearly winning -- why does it say on racenet that I'm losing against this random rival?

If my understanding of the Global Events leaderboard is correct, it will always assign you two random rivals. So you may have 18000 points (meaning all first place placings above your friend), but once the rivals are factored in, they are probably beating you in certain events, so your total points will drop, therefor possibly putting you in a lower overall position. 

Well, another week and still no trophy. Despite having gold in every event.. despite being 1st on the leaderboard.. despite beating all of the randomly assigned rivals.. still no trophy. This is really starting to irk me. I saw that Codemasters pushed a patch during the week, that was supposed to fix this trophy. The only issue is it didn't say whether it was retro-active or would fix the current week. So, I'll give it one more week, since they've supposedly pushed a patch to fix it, before I head to Codemasters website forums and start a shit storm. Tired of this.

So, any luck? I thought, that today I'll get this trophy and get my platinum - but well...

Yes, I did get the trophy today, but not because it unlocked like it was supposed to.

Once I had a gold medal in all of the events from last week, I copied my save over to my USB drive. This morning, I logged into the Global Challenges like normal, but the trophy didn't unlock. I exited to the XMB via the controller button, copied my save from the USB to the PS3 and overwrote the save, then loaded the game, went to view my rivals first, and then went back to the global challenge mode. Didn't work, so I did it all again. By the third or fourth time I rewrote my save and retried, it finally unlocked.

• Like 1

Yes, I did get the trophy today, but not because it unlocked like it was supposed to.

Once I had a gold medal in all of the events from last week, I copied my save over to my USB drive. This morning, I logged into the Global Challenges like normal, but the trophy didn't unlock. I exited to the XMB via the controller button, copied my save from the USB to the PS3 and overwrote the save, then loaded the game, went to view my rivals first, and then went back to the global challenge mode. Didn't work, so I did it all again. By the third or fourth time I rewrote my save and retried, it finally unlocked.

r'u kiddin me?! Woah. Well, I will try. But: 1) Do i need to get gold in all of the events? Or just couple/one? 2) I've forgot that i don't have rival trophy, so I wont have platinum trophy anyway... :(

r'u kiddin me?! Woah. Well, I will try. But: 1) Do i need to get gold in all of the events? Or just couple/one? 2) I've forgot that i don't have rival trophy, so I wont have platinum trophy anyway... :(

I only have one friend on my list that has the game, so he did 1 or 2 events, and then I did everything I could (minus the one that required a DLC car that I was not paying for), getting gold in the events. This ensured that I was ahead of him on the leaderboard. But yep, worked like a charm, and I've seen a lot of other people reporting that it worked for them as well. Just backup your save before loading the game, view your rivals first, then open the global challenges section. If it doesn't work, copy your save back to the PS3 and overwrite the other save, then rinse and repeat until it pops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22.06.2013 at 1:17 AM, x_First2Fight_x said:

Thanks a lot! I unlocked trophy using your way. First i checked rivals and only after entered the global challenge

• 4 months later...

I had no problems unlocking Global Domination just now. This was what I did:

1. I ran some events to score some points. I did a couple of them getting some silvers and bronzes (but not a single gold).
  2. I was top of the leaderboard because nobody in my friends list is playing this game.
  3. The time for this week ran out at 11 AM just now, so I started the game 5 minutes in advance and sat on the main Global Challenges screen (the one with the countdown on it).
  4. When there were 0 minutes remaining nothing happened but I just waited some more. After about 30 more seconds it told me "Time has run out for this week, you will be returned to the main screen" or something like that. You can only press OK, so I did.
  5. I immediately went back to the Global Challenges screen and it showed me that I was number 1 for this week along with the XP that I gained because of that fabulous accomplishment.
  6. At about the same time, the trophy popped.

Some notes:

• When a trophy is glitchy, I always try to think of the most likely way that it was tested. This seemed like the most appropriate method to do that.
  • I am pretty sure that even a single bronze result would be enough for the trophy to pop as long as you follow the above method and are on top of the leaderboard. I only did some more races to gain extra XP because I still need to level up as well.
  • And finally: the online is still surprisingly active. I played for an hour or two yesterday evening and we had about 5 or 6 players constantly. Most of those people are level 99 though and know the tricks to all the racetracks, so it's damn hard for me to finish anything but last :D
  • Like 4

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, pinkrobot_pb said:

I had no problems unlocking Global Domination just now. This was what I did:

1. I ran some events to score some points. I did a couple of them getting some silvers and bronzes (but not a single gold).
  2. I was top of the leaderboard because nobody in my friends list is playing this game.
  3. The time for this week ran out at 11 AM just now, so I started the game 5 minutes in advance and sat on the main Global Challenges screen (the one with the countdown on it).
  4. When there were 0 minutes remaining nothing happened but I just waited some more. After about 30 more seconds it told me "Time has run out for this week, you will be returned to the main screen" or something like that. You can only press OK, so I did.
  5. I immediately went back to the Global Challenges screen and it showed me that I was number 1 for this week along with the XP that I gained because of that fabulous accomplishment.
  6. At about the same time, the trophy popped.

Some notes:

• When a trophy is glitchy, I always try to think of the most likely way that it was tested. This seemed like the most appropriate method to do that.
  • I am pretty sure that even a single bronze result would be enough for the trophy to pop as long as you follow the above method and are on top of the leaderboard. I only did some more races to gain extra XP because I still need to level up as well.
  • And finally: the online is still surprisingly active. I played for an hour or two yesterday evening and we had about 5 or 6 players constantly. Most of those people are level 99 though and know the tricks to all the racetracks, so it's damn hard for me to finish anything but last :D

Can confirm 100% this works 

• Like 1