Kill Your Completion 9

14 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@Arctic Cress Haha, I also have the PS3 Hakuoki game, and have been sitting on it for awhile. But now that I bought the Vita games, which expand on that one's story, I don't know if there's a reason to play it.. Other than trophies, and feeling like I wasted money on it if I don't. Bleh. 

Funny, I'm the reverse. I've played through the PS3 version and have wondered if there is a point (other than trophies) to picking up the Vita versions. Mainly, is there enough new content to warrant the purchase as I did enjoy the original.

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Funny, I'm the reverse. I've played through the PS3 version and have wondered if there is a point (other than trophies) to picking up the Vita versions. Mainly, is there enough new content to warrant the purchase as I did enjoy the original.

I'd say in your case there probably is, especially if they're ever 90% off again. From what I've read (and glancing at the trophies) there are only six possible relationships in the PS3 version? Compare that to twelve in the Vita versions. Should be quite a bit of new stuff to read. 

Already started the clean up process and platted Blue Reflection. Nothing changed in regards to my opinion about it. Subpar story, lack of variety and enjyable combat is all it has to offer.

Not going to go right into Ni No Kuni II after all, as there's a lot of cleaning up to be done in that game. I'll probably see how much I can stomach of Akiba's Trip and GTA San Andreas and alternate those with Riddled Corpses EX.

With the last few reviews trickling in, I'll go ahead and thank all the participants. AS per usual, progress update is welcome and the next event will be announced here as well when it draws closer.

• Like 3

@PerryToxteth The Artifex Mundi games have generally dropped in quality ever since they increased their prices by 100%. Funnily enough, the steam version is still at it's original price 7,99. It's also not really new, as it's original release was mid 2017. Personally I only buy their games now, if they drop to the 4,99 mark or lower, just for pulling the dick move of a retroactive price hike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to go back to both Akiba's Trip and GTA San Andreas. Couldn't get into either one though. While Akiba's Trip was passable enough to play through it once, doing it a few more times is not something I care for as the gameplay loop is just boring. GTA San Andreas was worse, as it just plays poorly in general. Controls are jank, driving is jank and it looks horrendous. Some games really don't age well and this is one those games.

I'll probably try to pick up some 3rd party PS3 controller soon, so I can go back to a few games from that system without having the hassle of pressing the thumbsticks not working.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not too long now until we begin the 10th edition of Kill Your Completion. I'll probably put up the new thread tomorrow. Still want to try and finish HDN Rebirth 1's story before the new event starts.

I've already started putting aside some interesting titles and will hopefully be avoiding games that are complete garbage.

• Like 1