PvP Matches - Vote to kick

RiverBeaver

I somethimes play Team Gunrush, because along with the Horse races I like playing those.
But the thing that I do notice more and more is that for example when I join (and I am a lvl 50+) there is always one or multiple players that try to kick me right away.
And somethimes the players that are MVP, people will try to kick them as well.

Why?
Are we not allowed to play or something?

It is getting realy annoying that people constantly try "Vote to Kick" me, and I don't even have a microphone connected ot something.
So that is not it. Just like they look at my level or something, and try to eliminate me already before the match.

I (and others) have the same problem in the racing series. Especially troublesome when a group of friends form a posse, join the race and then kick out the top winner, regardless of the playing style of the winner.

And for the most part these people have accepted the fact that they are not talented enough to win straight up. Rather than learning by competing against the best......they have accepted the fact that they are LOSERS and kick the talented players out to make them feel better. They may even convince themselves that it is justified for any number of dubious reasons, such as you are too good so you must be cheating, you have too many advantages by being high ranked, superior weapons and horses are not available to them, etc. etc. etc.

Rather sad, tbh.

Edited by PsychicVibe
spelling to(o)
  • Like 3

I didn't play a lot of PvP, but I don't remember anyone actually getting enough votes to be kicked. I'd usually see at least 1 person trying to kick someone most rounds. I received a few myself. But since it takes a majority rule to kick someone out, I never saw the system as being problematic. But I can see how it would be annoying to get kicked just for winning and I'm sure people do actually get enough votes sometimes to get kicked for that. I did witness an almost successful kick while doing races on someone that was winning most of the time.

Just now, Carttagos said:

I saw that situation a couple of time and I believe it is because higher lvls have better weapons and ability cards and they are impossible to kill. 

Maybe they kick those people to get a chance of being the first place at least once? 

Sorry, not to get personal with you, and I'm sure you are fine person with plenty of success in your life, BUT.........

This is exactly the kind of LOSER mentality I was talking about earlier in this post. They convince themselves that they cannot possibly win because the reasons stated above.

They are wrong about everything except this: they cannot possibly win. Losers make excuses and accept their fate as inevitable.

Winners keep trying, learn, adapt, improvise, and persevere!

Edited by PsychicVibe
accept not except
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Carttagos said:

I saw that situation a couple of time and I believe it is because higher lvls have better weapons and ability cards and they are impossible to kill. 

Maybe they kick those people to get a chance of being the first place at least once? 

This game is a bad sport. Beginners have low health, poor weapons and horse. They are easy to be killed. At least they can kick high level "good" player with high tier ability cards

Edited by IoIly

Just now, IoIly said:

This game is a bad sport. Beginners have low health, poor weapons and horse. They are easy to be killed. At least they can kick high level "good" player with high tier ability cards

Oh, so now I get it. It's the game's fault. The game is to blame, the game is the bad sport and not the player who has kicked another player out who did NOTHING to deserve that sort of courtesy.

Perhaps the game should award participation trophies so that losers can feel better about their experience.

C'mon man!

• Like 1

i've also been voted to kick multiple times in the showdown series...never a majority vote though so not a problem so far...i just assumed it's because I often get mvp...on the mic, I get the "you must have no life" (i'm rank 200+), "dead eye!", "snake oil!", "varmint rifle!", "bolt action!", "lancaster!", "mauser!", "sawed off!", "explosive rounds!", "hacker!" and the list goes on...

it would seem some people don't realize rdo was released at the same time for all of us...yes, I (and many of my psn friends) chose to put time into it to level up, unlock all kinds of gear, and gain knowledge and experience in mp...apparently, more experienced players are expected to adjust their play style to the lowest rank players in the lobbies to be "fair" or they risk getting criticized or kicked...

rather than be offended by all this nonsense, I take it as a compliment and just ignore the negativity... after all, i'm just having fun and think it would be a shame to let it ruin my experience...who knows?...maybe the people complaining/voting to kick are just having a bad day/existence and want to vent on whoever or whatever they can...

side note: this anger towards veterans of a said game is nothing new...also happened to me often, roughly a decade ago, in gta iv mp...i've always been one to admire and try to mimic/compete with the better players but not everyone has this mentality...to each their own...

tl: dr...just ignore it...it means you're a certified bada$$!...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

Just now, ProfBambam55 said:

i've also been voted to kick multiple times in the showdown series...never a majority vote though so not a problem so far...i just assumed it's because I often get mvp...on the mic, I get the "you must have no life" (i'm rank 200+), "dead eye!", "snake oil!", "varmint rifle!", "bolt action!", "lancaster!", "mauser!", "sawed off!", "explosive rounds!", "hacker!" and the list goes on...

it would seem some people don't realize rdo was released at the same time for all of us...yes, I (and many of my psn friends) chose to put time into it to level up, unlock all kinds of gear, and gain knowledge and experience in mp...apparently, more experienced players are expected to adjust their play style to the lowest rank players in the lobbies to be "fair" or they risk getting criticized or kicked...

rather than be offended by all this nonsense, I take it as a compliment and just ignore the negativity... after all, i'm just having fun and think it would be a shame to let it ruin my experience...who knows?...maybe the people complaining/voting to kick are just having a bad day/existence and want to vent on whoever or whatever they can...

side note: this anger towards veterans of a said game is nothing new...also happened to me often, roughly a decade ago, in gta iv mp...i've always been one to admire and try to mimic/compete with the better players but not everyone has this mentality...to each their own...

tl: dr...just ignore it...

Thank you Professor. Well said.

I guess my frustration is showing through and I'll endeavor to find a sense of amusement with the it. Looking forward to being in a lobby with you.

BTW many thank yous for helping me with the Fly the Co-op trophy (and thus my GTA IV plat).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

Oh, so now I get it. It's the game's fault. The game is to blame, the game is the bad sport and not the player who has kicked another player out who did NOTHING to deserve that sort of courtesy.

Perhaps the game should award participation trophies so that losers can feel better about their experience.

C'mon man!

They are not losers. Low level player cant kill you even with TWO headshots. R* push beginners to buy gold in ps store so they could get hot staff earlier. You cant call people losers if you have great advantage. Vote to kick is old R* feature. If you played GTA4 you must know about it

Edited by IoIly

On 22-2-2019 at 1:38 AM, IoIly said:

But that is the point in every game, where would the fun be if you right away at level 1 get the best horse, the best weapons etc.
(And in my opinion the Red Arabian is not the best horse...)

I also started at level 1 with nothing, and I saved up my money carefully to buy the things I think help me progress in the game.
I don't grief newbie's or anything, in free roam if they leave my alone I leave them alone.
But to just constantly try to 'Vote to kick' me iin PVP is kinda lame, and unfortunatly people that play as posse's are somethimes even succesfull at kicking.

But still kinda lame. ?

Edited by NL_Sion

Been a little while since I stopped playing RDR2 online (jumped ship the moment I hit level 50 since I was sick of the absolutely horrid grind fest at that point) but I can still understand why you'd find this annoying and even recall this stuff happening a little bit to myself back when I played the competitive modes. That said ... I can't really say this came as much of a surprise for me nor should it really to anyone else at this point (sadly). R* track record for competitive mp games/modes is absolutely ATROCIOUS. I would the say the best they really ever did in this area would be between GTA IV and Max Payne 3.

GTA IV was before the whole ranking = unlocks and as such the only difference between older and newer players were skill. GTA IV did still struggle with R* crappy auto-aim/headshot gameplay (on ps3 for the most part anyways) but shit as it might have been (and still is) at least you can't call it and unfair advantage in a TDM since you've got auto-aim too ...

Max Payne 3 from what I can remember struggled somewhat with the whole progression thing (new players being fucked at a certain point since the only people still playing would be miles ahead of them in terms of weapons and perks) although this was uplifted far more by Max Payne 3 much improved free aim gameplay (yeah auto aim servers still blew pretty hard, but at least free aim servers were a little more populated now and much more enjoyable too play)

RDR2 at its current is somewhat the worst of both worlds. The aiming in the game is complete ass unless you tinker around with the settings to make it somewhat useable, and even then you'll be completely fucked jumping into mp with free aim since there are no free aim servers, but instead just one big mashed up pile of servers with all players (free and auto aim). This would be annoying but fair if it wasn't for the new perks. Some of these completely break the gameplay for new players. Not only can you become almost immune to headshots while in dead eye but also get a perk that neglects all damage from a single headshot dead eye or not. This coupled with the fact that R* has never been good at balancing the guns/cars/horses etc. in their game (yes its become a LITTLE better in this game) makes the competitive modes in this game a complete shitshow. 

As for the whole kicking people for no reason (or perhaps because of rank/skill/wins, whatever) ... yeah that absolutely sucks and is 100% bad sportsmanship on their behalf. I get they don't enjoy getting stomped by people 3 times their level, or by someone with shinier toys. We all want an equal playing field, but R* has never really been good at that (another reason why the competitive is not really as competitive as you might think ..) but I quite frankly don't see this changing no matter how far we get into the games life span.

So instead of attempting to get rid of the competition they should just suck up their loss, stick it out until the end of the game rage quit the lobby (like the rest of us) and then hopefully find a new lobby with players closer to their skill level. 

2 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

But that is the point in every game, where would the fun be if you right away at level 1 get the best horse, the best weapons etc.
(And in my opinion the Red Arabian is not the best horse...)

GTA4 is a "good" sport game. All players have the same health, weapons, cars. Only skilled players win

(So i bought black arabian)

I do agree that high level players did earn stuff they have. No matter is it through grind, or with credit card.  With that said i still miss first red dead. Mostly because when i shot superior player between eyes instead of hat his/her head flew off. 

I shot a guy hiding on a roof in bow/arrow mode last night, and I later figured he was probably meant to be a sort of spotter for the guy I eventually drew the match with (he technically won but I got MVP).

I must have annoyed both these guys just by doing well because after the match they both voted to kick me, and 1 game later they left almost simultaneously. Just couldn't take losing. 

One of them was friggin lvl 174. Maybe needs more fresh air in his life.

Edited by JPageMartin36
  • Like 1