Yearly Leaderboard Idea!

SuchRemorse

I have seen some people posting that they would like a new leaderboard without game stacks. That would be very confusing to implement since you would have to take away already earned trophies from lists. I had a different idea. My idea is a yearly leaderboard. Hear me out! I'm not saying to change the current leaderboard or to take away anyone's trophies. My idea would consist of keeping the current leaderboard for tracking and historical references. You can see the top dogs of ALL ETERNITY! The idea of my yearly leaderboard would level the playing field for ALL players. And it would keep current leaders on their toes and requiring them to keep playing to hold there current position year to year. It would create more competition and be better for all gamers.  I mean everyone deserves to have an equal chance of being on top. An example would be this. Lets say someone just started to play videogames this year. Young people are always starting to play and new people are always picking up video games. I mean some people playing games now weren't even born when Playstation starting the trophy lists. These people have zero chance of ever getting to the top 100.  So lets say someone is AMAZING at videogames and they earn lots and lots of trophies in the quickest time ever. They deserve some type of recognition for that. But the way the leaderboards are set up right now. They will never get that recognition. There is NOOOOO way that someone starting right now could catch up to @Hakoom or most of the other leaders. It's just impossible. I'm not saying to take away trophies. And I'm not saying he or they do not deserve the spotlight. They do! They have achieved amazing feats. But other people should be able to have some spotlight too. I don't have all the kinks worked out yet or a full idea how it would work but I don't think it would be that hard. This site already tracks times and dates of all trophies earned so I don't think it would be hard to have some type of yearly list and shows everyone's positions at the end of each year. Do you all agree or no?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

I like the idea and I think it would be a good addition to the standard leaderboard. This could become really interesting for newer player.

Yes!!!!! That's my point. Don't change the current leaderboard. This will just be an addition to it. Almost like the way you can get the top rated Music artists albums or the top rated Movies each year. Except this will be the top players of each year. :)

thats already implemented on other sites

and i think it would be unfair to lots of people..
someone can just pop 400~500 old plats with all the indie/novels around now in less than a year

every year someone can just create a new account  and reepeat to be 1st 

while other have no chance because they have already played them years ago..

a better idea would be old games dont count and go along with new games

so for a 2019 leaderboard only 2019 games count and so on... that would work beter ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hakoom said:

someone can just pop 400~500 old plats with all the indie/novels around now in less than a year

so for a 2019 leaderboard only 2019 games count and so on... that would work beter ;)

I agree with you on that. Some of the games are super easy now. I don't really think people will create new profiles every year though. That would be pointless. Why would you want to have a number 1 profile for one year and then just abandon it. And besides. You can tell who would be doing that. I mean if you start the year with a profile that is level zero and then you pop 500 10 minute platinum trophies it's pretty obvious what you are trying to do. And besides. If someone wanted to do that it wouldn't effect the REAL leaderboard in anyway.  And what other sites use this? I'm curious see how it works out. And you said old games don't count. That's the point I'm trying to make. A yearly leaderboard would only count per year. All players would keep their current position in the main leaderboards. But the yearly leaderboard would only register the games they earned for each year. And then at the end of the year it's closed. Your rankings for that year would be it. And then the next year same thing. Start fresh from zero gamerscore on the yearly board. While still keeping your REAL current position in the main leaderboard. I don't know. It was just an idea. 

14 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

I understand your point but honestly, the current leaderboard is also "unfair". The later you start with trophy hunting, the harder it will get to reach any of the top spots.

Sure, this yearly leaderboard can be abused. But if someone wants to create a new profile and go through the same games every year, so be it. They would have deserved their #1 spot for the current year, as they would be the ones with the most trophies points. This might be funny to do once, but I can't imaging that a lot of people would go through this process over and over again.

10 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

And what other sites use this?

TT. They send you an email at the beginning of each year how your places in last years leaderboards have been.

11 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

And you said old games don't count. That's the point I'm trying to make. A yearly leaderboard would only count per year. All players would keep their current position in the main leaderboards

I think you misunderstood him here. What he's trying to say is, that only games released in 2019 should count for the 2019 leaderboard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvengedEvil said:

I understand your point but honestly, the current leaderboard is also "unfair". The later you start with trophy hunting, the harder it will get to reach any of the top spots.

Sure, this yearly leaderboard can be abused. But if someone wants to create a new profile and go through the same games every year, so be it. They would have deserved their #1 spot for the current year, as they would be the ones with the most trophies points. This might be funny to do once, but I can't imaging that a lot of people would go through this process over and over again.

TT. They send you an email at the beginning of each year how your places in last years leaderboards have been.

I think you misunderstood him here. What he's trying to say is, that only games released in 2019 should count for the 2019 leaderboard.

Hmmmm I don't think that would work out. That means you can ONLY play games for the current year!? People have huge back logs of games. And some games they haven't even started yet! Myself include! I don't think anyone would go for that. Hmmmm how about accounts with a psn level of 10 would be eligible for participation. That way you know it's not just some random made up profile trying to pop 500 easy platinums to get to the number one spot. I think if anyone puts in some decent work to get to level 10 they won't want just abandon their profile and make a new one each year. 

53 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I agree with you on that. Some of the games are super easy now. I don't really think people will create new profiles every year though. That would be pointless. Why would you want to have a number 1 profile for one year and then just abandon it. And besides. You can tell who would be doing that. I mean if you start the year with a profile that is level zero and then you pop 500 10 minute platinum trophies it's pretty obvious what you are trying to do. And besides. If someone wanted to do that it wouldn't effect the REAL leaderboard in anyway.  And what other sites use this? I'm curious see how it works out. And you said old games don't count. That's the point I'm trying to make. A yearly leaderboard would only count per year. All players would keep their current position in the main leaderboards. But the yearly leaderboard would only register the games they earned for each year. And then at the end of the year it's closed. Your rankings for that year would be it. And then the next year same thing. Start fresh from zero gamerscore on the yearly board. While still keeping your REAL current position in the main leaderboard. I don't know. It was just an idea. 

o you would be surprised ;)

people will get 300~400 plats a year on an acc then sell it lol

i have seen alooot of drama regarding competitons and how many people will complain regarding everything...

i am fine with the idea i have tested it on other sites and i turned out in the top 5

it all comes down to the site admins here though

i would maybe put few restrictions here though.. like a minimum value to join..

having a minimum lvl or platinums etc

if something that makes the community happy then why not :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

o you would be surprised ;)

people will get 300~400 plats a year on an acc then sell it lol

i have seen alooot of drama regarding competitons and how many people will complain regarding everything...

i am fine with the idea i have tested it on other sites and i turned out in the top 5

it all comes down to the site admins here though

i would maybe put few restrictions here though.. like a minimum value to join..

having a minimum lvl or platinums etc

if something that makes the community happy then why not :) 

Yes! That's what I just said in the previous comment.. Maybe make the required ps level 10.. Or something to join. Because let's face it. Most people that care about leader boards have at least a level 10. At LEAST! Plus that might discourage all the people wanting to make new profiles just to enter. 

2 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

What he's trying to say is, that only games released in 2019 should count for the 2019 leaderboard.

I mean, technicaly that would be the way to go to have it most updated, but it would also be kind of unfair financially, new games are always very expensive, even more so depending on where you live. Sure there are people who buy every new game, but most people probably just sit on a huge backlog of old games due to sales and buy very few games when they release.

Of course after half a year new titles will be a little cheaper, but for example, for me God of War and Spiderman are still out of scope at the moment due to the price

On 2/24/2019 at 11:47 PM, SuchRemorse said:

So lets say someone is AMAZING at videogames and they earn lots and lots of trophies in the quickest time ever. 

like the leaderboard now, it won't come down to people being amazing at games. Purely gonna be who plays the most 15 min - 1 hour plats (stacks if they want). Its just time, money, access to systems and games and can follow basic directions. Its to the point we are getting on average one under 2 hour plat a day, many being 1 hour or less. Under 1 hour plats will fill the leaderboard regardless of it it is games only 2019 or games of all time. Post 2019 might be more fair as there are less 1 min plats, this i think will just cause more of the leaders now who play all that new easy stuff to still be at the top but like hakoom said other way you are helped if you have an extensive vn collection and hard to get things like 1000 top rated. Be complaints from people either way you do it.

But if this would be fun for people look at and keep track of, maybe compete against yourself,  then that is what matters, just have fun. 

• Like 2

On 2019/2/25 at 4:47 PM, SuchRemorse said:

I have seen some people posting that they would like a new leaderboard without game stacks. That would be very confusing to implement since you would have to take away already earned trophies from lists. I had a different idea. My idea is a yearly leaderboard. Hear me out! I'm not saying to change the current leaderboard or to take away anyone's trophies. My idea would consist of keeping the current leaderboard for tracking and historical references. You can see the top dogs of ALL ETERNITY! The idea of my yearly leaderboard would level the playing field for ALL players. And it would keep current leaders on their toes and requiring them to keep playing to hold there current position year to year. It would create more competition and be better for all gamers.  I mean everyone deserves to have an equal chance of being on top. An example would be this. Lets say someone just started to play videogames this year. Young people are always starting to play and new people are always picking up video games. I mean some people playing games now weren't even born when Playstation starting the trophy lists. These people have zero chance of ever getting to the top 100.  So lets say someone is AMAZING at videogames and they earn lots and lots of trophies in the quickest time ever. They deserve some type of recognition for that. But the way the leaderboards are set up right now. They will never get that recognition. There is NOOOOO way that someone starting right now could catch up to @Hakoom or most of the other leaders. It's just impossible. I'm not saying to take away trophies. And I'm not saying he or they do not deserve the spotlight. They do! They have achieved amazing feats. But other people should be able to have some spotlight too. I don't have all the kinks worked out yet or a full idea how it would work but I don't think it would be that hard. This site already tracks times and dates of all trophies earned so I don't think it would be hard to have some type of yearly list and shows everyone's positions at the end of each year. Do you all agree or no?

That's a good idea、 mean would put me towards bottom of Japanese leaderboard but fact in matter is Japanese leaderboard is inconclusive anyways as most trophy hunters I know in Japan are not being tracked. Don't know any higher then the top of that leaderboard but know plently above level 100 that I've been playing online with since 2007 - 2009

Edited by Isa

21 hours ago, MrUnknown625 said:

like the leaderboard now, it won't come down to people being amazing at games. Purely gonna be who plays the most 15 min - 1 hour plats (stacks if they want). Its just time, money, access to systems and games and can follow basic directions. Its to the point we are getting on average one under 2 hour plat a day, many being 1 hour or less. 

I completely agree under 1hr plats are fantastic. Hopefully the games get even shorter. I am anticipating a point where they actually decide to remove gameplay as well. It is just a bothersome waste of time. Keep up the true fight on top of the leaderboards, keep the spam dream alive.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

I completely agree under 1hr plats are fantastic. Hopefully the games get even shorter. I am anticipating a point where they actually decide to remove gameplay as well. It is just a bothersome waste of time. Keep up the true fight on top of the leaderboards, keep the spam dream alive.

Keep The spam dream alive!? Smh... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

They already have removed gameplay...its called debug mode, VN skipping (with no choices none the less), and only needing to play 12% of a game for the plat.....but this is a debate for another time, like say tomorrow ;)

31 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

They already have removed gameplay...its called debug mode, VN skipping (with no choices none the less), and only needing to play 12% of a game for the plat.....but this is a debate for another time, like say tomorrow ;)

12%....... is this true. Things are improving much more quickly than I anticipated. What an exciting time to be alive. 

You know it was only the other day someone tried to sell me on this Cat game becoming Game of The Year. I look forward to your thoughts, now how long was it again ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

12%....... is this true. Things are improving much more quickly than I anticipated. What an exciting time to be alive. 

You know it was only the other day someone tried to sell me on this Cat game becoming Game of The Year. I look forward to your thoughts, now how long was it again ?

I did say "it was the best game i played this year i just wish it was longer" even good stuff now a days are getting shorter

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

And Jackquest 1f61c.png

I liked Jackquest! lol.... I like alot of the indie games. I'm always looking for new gaming experiences. Although I don't think some of them deserve a platinum. Jackquest being one of them. But I still enjoyed it. I've played much worse games than that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I liked Jackquest! lol.... I like alot of the indie games. I'm always looking for new gaming experiences. Although I don't think some of them deserve a platinum. Jackquest being one of them. But I still enjoyed it. I've played much worse games than that. 

I agree there is so many wonderful smaller Indie games coming out all the time. We are really spoiled for choice.

• Like 1