Beat IW's 15.10 time finally after 8hrs!!!

After endless tries, a total of well over ten hours, without breaking 16s (including bonus), other than one time 15:35 and 15:7 respectively, I finally managed to get 17.9s with an accuracy bonus of -2.8s. So ... 15.1s. Not fast enough.

Then the trophy popped.

I think the game took pity on me, especially since it wasn't even a particularly good run, at least it didn't feel like one while I was playing. But I'm glad that it's finally over.

To everyone struggling: Hang in there. In the end, it might just come down to pure luck.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this one, took about 30 mins. Hit detection can be way off in this game. But doing it after a completing everything on Veteran definitely helped especially with getting some hipfire practice from repeating Mile High so much.

This definitely took less time then Become the Master in Titanfall 2 thougg

I did this back when it first dropped on Plus.  It was the first trophy I went for.  I can't remember if I got the easy trophy for under 19 secs on my first try or not (probably), but this one took me an additional 49 minutes.  So I figure I spent an hour or less on it.  Not sure how long it took me when I did this on 360 way back in the day, but I think it was longer.  I played this when I was still playing R6: Siege everyday, so the terribly antiquated controls took a while to get used to, but under an hour is rather painless for something like this.  As someone who's been playing games since the 80s, my vision and reaction time isn't what it used to be.  So if I can do this, almost anyone can.  Just watch a video to know what strats work best for you and keep running it over and over.  It'll come in time.  It's a pain in the rear, but very doable.

Took me around 3-5 tries, CODMW2 trial took me about 15 minutes. Now I'm curious how hard Become the master is in titanfall and if it should be doable for me. I've tried it in the past on a alt account and wasn't even close to get it lol.

Titanfall 2 is looking at me for so long in my backlog.

Congrats on OP as well can't imagine trying it for 8 hours that's some dedication :P

Edited by Deluziion90

23 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Took me around 3-5 tries, CODMW2 trial took me about 15 minutes. Now I'm curious how hard Become the master is in titanfall and if it should be doable for me. I've tried it in the past on a alt account and wasn't even close to get it lol.

Titanfall 2 is looking at me for so long in my backlog.

Congrats on OP as well can't imagine trying it for 8 hours that's some dedication :P

Become the master is definitely harder but it's because of three things, 1. trial is longer and has more targets to kill (also slightly harder to kill they have body HP equal to grunts in the game)

2. The wall running mechanic needs to be perfected by a player (if you lose momentum at any point you will pretty much lose the trial)

3. You have to be good at preaiming targets and memorization, this may go for most trials but everytime you just land on a wall or jump off own on a wall run. Your momentum and movement kinds stays locked for a second, it's hard to describe but essentially you won't regain control of your reticle immediately between transitions on and off walls meaning if you didn't preaim before doing the transitional jumps your aim can be way off target.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

getting stuck on the wall when you have a perfect run is beyond aggravating. im going to need a punching bag close by

also making it to the finish line before the sgt says to makes it not register and then you have to step off it then back on. he cant speak quicker then im moving and its causing me to miss my time

Edited by melodicmizery

• 5 months later...

ok so i was dreading this trophy badly after hearing about it and after trying purely with the MP5 for about 40 mins i then just tried the first 3 targets with the mp5 and the rest with the pistol. Got it my 3rd try. Cheering, try that for whoever is struggling with it 

• 2 months later...

I am still struggling with this. Hitting walls is what is preventing me to get the trophy.

When i am tired of failing, I turn on slow motion just to beat the time. I also found out that slow motion is good for adjusting the run.

My last tip would be to use aim assist - when you press the button to aim down the sight, if you are close enough, you are automatically drawn to your target.Plus, you don't need to wait for the full animation to shoot - you can release the button and shoot and keep moving.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...