Buy last of us now or wait until a goty version?

TheBloodyVamp

I don't imagine The Last of Us will be a game that gets a ton of DLC so if you really want to play it I'd say go ahead and do it. If you really want to save money and have some other games you have your eye on, you could purchase and play those and by the time your finished The Last of Us may have dropped in price. 

Parker

Why get it now for the same price you could have gotten it 1st day instead. Since you dont have it already it's probably wasn't on your major wanted gaming lists if you have lists.... Id wait for a price drop.

I don't like paying full price for any game. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part I wait it out. With TLOU, I'm waiting to make sure ND doesn't tack fifty mp trophies on top of it after six to twelve months.

It's your decision, but I say wait.

Just finished it last night. It's an amazing experience. It has a few flaws, but the overall package, gaming mechanics and presentation are top notch. Definitely worth picking up. Took me 18 hours to complete the single player, so it definitely feels like you get your money's worth.

• Like 1

Just get it now, do you know how long you would have to wait for a game of the year edition to come out?  At least until march of next year, by then everyone will have moved on to ps4.  This game is not overrated, overhyped, whatever people who like to be critics are calling it, just because a lot of people say the game is amazing it means it's overrated?  No, it means it's AMAZING.  I have only bought 2 games first day for $60, Skyrim and The last of us, I only do it when I know the game is worth it, believe me when I tell you, it is worth it.  The story will last you at least 12 hours, if you are a trophy hunter, it will take you about 70 hours to get the platinum.  The prologue is the most entertaining/well thought out beginning of any movie/game/book/anything ever created.  The combat is fluid,it is much more refined than Uncharted.  The dialogue/story is amazing and you will connect to the characters in a matter of minutes.  If you don't get this game, why have a ps3?  It is tied with fallout 3 as the game of the generation.  Get it, you won't regret it ;)

Edited by drummerklg
  • Like 1