PSP Vita advice

Wolvie_181

Do you mean game-wise or equipment-wise?

Equipment-wise - you need a memory card. And don't take one with only 4GB, it will annoy you more than anything else.

I know it - I only have a 4GB one ;)

What kind of memory card should I get?

There really isn't that many games for Vita ATM .... 

but if you plan on getting a Ps4 go for it !

I plan on getting the PS4.

But I'm going to wait till after launch day.

An 8GB memory card is good enough for now since there aren't that many games out :/ IIRC my Vita came bundled with a 4GB card  :hmm:. The Vita has a few neat games, but my biggest recommendations are Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Metal Gear Solid HD collection. You can get U:GA for free in the Store since you have +. Only bad thing about the MGS collection is that PW was removed. There are quite a few games that are free on +. Only other ones that I can remember are Gravity Rush and WipEout 2048 which suck.

• Like 1

I would say to just go ahead and get a 32GB memory card because I started off with a 4GB and that was maxed out within a day and my current 16GB only has enough for on more game on it.  So getting the 32 will save you money in the long run if you plan on downloading a lt of games and since you have plus you'll get several.  Games wise I would say get Persona 4 Golden that game is one of the greatest jrpgs ever. 

I will tell you one game NOT to get, since most good choices have been said already.

STAY AWAY from Assassin's Creed Liberation. 

AC was the main reason I got my Vita (well, that and the awesome Black Friday sale last year), and I haven't even bothered to pop it in since.  I'm not even sure where I put the card...Let me just say one glitch...in those green areas where you have to find something, I was stuck with one thing left to find, and I combed the area up and down for half and hour without any luck.  You guessed it, it wasn't even there.  Supposed to be, but wasn't.

I'm thinking of getting a Vita.

But I want to know what I need to get for it.

I like JRPGs,Puzzle,and platformer games for a handheld console.

OK here we go

JRPGs:

1. PERSONA 4 GOLDEN! aka the best game on the console and my personal favourite.

2.Disgaea 3 if you like strategy RPGS

3.Soul Sacrifice if you like action RPGs

Atelier Totori Plus is another JRPG but I've never played it so i can't really recommend it

Puzzlers:

1. Virtue's Last Reward, Has some great puzzles and a really good story that you won't put down until you finish. also its coming as a freebie for PS+ so even better

Plants vs Zombies has some puzzle minigames but its mostly a 2d tower defence game ( still good though)

Platformers

1. Rayman Origins: Really good game. Fast, fun and provides a decent challenge.

2. Guacamelee! Really good PSN game with Metroidvania style

3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time  Good 3d platformer , load times are a bit on the long side but the game is very enjoyable

4. Gravity Rush Not really a platformer in the usual sense but a really good vita game and its PS+ freebie

5. Uncharted Golden Abyss I don't think I really have to explain this but its another PS+ freebie

6  Sound Shapes Bit on the short side but User generated content keeps the game fresh.

Littlebigplanet is also a good platformer but the online is pretty bad

Other good games on the vita include

Wipeout 2048 - a bit of a learning curve but the visuals/presentation is great and the gameplay is fast and fun. Also a PS+ freebie

Metal Gear Solid HD collection: 2 great games on the go if you enjoy stealth games

"AVOID AT ALL COST" GAMES

LIttle Deviants Hard, not very fun and controls are non functional

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation GLITCHY AS FUCK

Edited by A-Brawl3r

OK here we go

JRPGs:

1. PERSONA 4 GOLDEN! aka the best game on the console and my personal favourite.

Atelier Totori Plus is another JRPG but I've never played it so i can't really recommend it

Puzzlers:

1. Virtue's Last Reward, Has some great puzzles and a really good story that you won't put down until you finish. also its coming as a freebie for PS+ so even better

Plants vs Zombies has some puzzle minigames but its mostly a 2d tower defence game ( still good though)

Platformers

3. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time  Good 3d platformer , load times are a bit on the long side but the game is very enjoyable

4. Gravity Rush Not really a platformer in the usual sense but a really good vita game and its PS+ freebie

5. Uncharted Golden Abyss I don't think I really have to explain this but its another PS+ freebie

6  Sound Shapes Bit on the short side but User generated content keeps the game fresh.

Wipeout 2048 - a bit of a learning curve but the visuals/presentation is great and the gameplay is fast and fun. Also a PS+ freebie

Metal Gear Solid HD collection: 2 great games on the go if you enjoy stealth games

Well shit that about sums it up completely. Id also recommend disgaea 3. And a 32 gig card. I got a4 gig to start. Now i have a 16 cause i couldnt find a 32 for awhile. Just save yourself the headache and go big. Im hoping they comeout with a 64 gig for it. Example. I have atelier totori and persona on my card. Both are 6 gigs.... depends on how much digital content you plan on having.

OK here we go

JRPGs:

Puzzlers:

Platformers

Well shit that about sums it up completely. Id also recommend disgaea 3. And a 32 gig card. I got a4 gig to start. Now i have a 16 cause i couldnt find a 32 for awhile. Just save yourself the headache and go big. Im hoping they comeout with a 64 gig for it. Example. I have atelier totori and persona on my card. Both are 6 gigs.... depends on how much digital content you plan on having.

It's hard to give sounds advice on what you should buy concerning games, have a look through the forums here and you'll get a good impression on what's good or not.

What you should buy for storage: get the biggest SD card your budget can handle. Downloading is slowly becomming the standard for VITA so better prepare for it.

Only real advice I can give you is this:

If you want a responsive handheld with ergonomical button layout, high quality screen and good sound who caters for all sorts of gamers with a wide range of games (don't let some comments fool you, the VITA has quite a wide range of games) and intuitive online functions then buy a VITA. Just remember that the handheld hasn't reached it's full potential and you will have to wait for PS4 before that happens.