ObsiEez

Everyone's Favorite Videogame soundtracks

83 posts in this topic

Bioshock 1&2

Those old school tunes just fit the game so well!

Seems like these 2 were never mentioned:

Rocketbirds (1&2) with the grudgy soundtrack. With this song being an actual banger:

Highly recommend the game as well. 

Cosmic star heroine (link is the battle track) :

And a lot of 'anime' games like persona also have great music. But they already got mentioned like crazy before. 

Mortal Kombat: Deception had such an amazing soundtrack. The arcade select was so badass!! It was the first thing from a video game I ever heard, so you can say it is the reason why I'm into video games.

I also loved Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance's soundtrack and could probably argue it is overall better, but Deception is my all-time favorite video game ever so I'm massively biased towards it. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin has a beautiful soundtrack too!!! The main menu music is just phenomenal. 

God of War III, Fallout: New Vegas and Final Fantasy 13 also come to mind. Honestly soundtracks can make or break a game for me. 

Legend of Zelda games usually have excellent ones.

Final Fantasy 6-7-9

Final Fantasy Tactics <3<3<3 (and anything that credits Histoshi Sakimoto's name)

Ikaruga

Donkey Kong Country 1-2-3

Subnautica

Persona 4 & 5

Guild Wars 2

Darkwood

Danganronpa

Top of my head Child of Light, i actually play that OST in the background at work sometime when i need to concentrate on computer stuff, it helps my concentration. 

Same thing with Unravel 

I Just started yesterday Gravity Rush 2,  woww, that soundtrack so far is FANTASTIC. Hopefully it will demain this way all the way to the end. 

Posted (edited)

Never really took notice to game music these days but can really forget the old soundtracks of Sonic 1 & 2 and Streets of rage on Megadrive back in the day. That 16bit sound

Edited by DevilsYard

For 18 years my favorite game soundtrack of all time was Final Fantasy X (I loved Uematsus soundtrack for Advent Children even more but technically that was not a game soundtrack. Still the AC soundtrack was the absolute pinnacle of Uematsus FF work)

However the Final Fantasy VII Remake is just EVERYTHING. One of the greatest music albums I have ever heard in my entire life. Never before did I have to pause the game to listen to the music because I was so overcome with such raw emotion. This soundtrack made me actually cry tears of joy. What an unbelievable masterpiece. I can NOT wait until the release of the full 7 disc album on May 27. I am never gonna stop listen to it.