Return of the Founder King trophy

ChrisKyleIX

Like many of you, I have a love/hate relationship with this game, so it's fitting that this final trophy had me up far too late last night only to fall short of finally putting this game to rest. Would love to gather insight from anyone who is seeking this trophy in the hopes that we can all cross it off our lists. Last, I'm on mobile, so apologies if any formatting is wonky.

Getting the top ranking appears to require at the least 7/9 A+ marks. My best run had six and three A marks, and I still had an "Amazing" ranking. Here's what I found:

>1.5M Total Score = A+ (very certain as 1.485M was an A)

>400 Max Combo = A+ (I for sure had an A+ with >500 but I think I got an A+ with more than 400)

>300 Enemies Defeated = A+ (could be less but all my runs were over this amount)

>250 Daemonifications = A+ (again, could be less but I always topped this)

7/7 Sections Controlled = A+ (very certain)

0 Undying States = A+ (very certain; 1 yields an A)

>18,000 Damage Incurred = A (my lowest was 18,129; couldn't find the ceiling for an A+)

4 Successful Strategies = A+ (what is this?! my normal run had 4 but my easy run only had 3, which was an A)

>50 Mins Battle Time = A+ (I had 49 mins and got an A+, and 51 mins for another and got an A)

Looking forward to any input! Thanks and good luck!

• Like 2

Just got the trophy, my scores were as follows:

Score - 1,182,220 - A

Max Combo - 437 - A+

Enemies Defeated - 158 - A+

Daemonifications - 131 - A+

Sections Controlled - 7/7 - A+

Undying States - 0 - A+

Damage Incurred - 14,167 - A+

Successful Strategies - 4 - A+

Battle Time - 00:35:44 - A+

So you can cut it down a lot by doing a lot less battles, which would reduce the time. I assume it's 150 kills required? I dunno though. And I assume it's maybe 15k damage for A+ there. Which would also bring your damage down by doing less fights.

Also it can be done on Easy (as I just did it there)

And Successful Strategies is those little things during battles at the beginning where you get AP, e.g. Daemonify X enemies within the battle, etc. They're really easy as long as you pay attention to them. I think one was for demonifying a single enemy, one for demonifying 5, one for using Ifrit's technique, and one for using Royal Retribution.

Hope that helps and good luck! :)

• Like 4

@Kristycism You're amazing!! Apparently I was overkill with my method. All your tips make sense, and I must have missed that Daemon 5x strategy because I easily had the others. Really appreciate you responding. Too bad I'm at work for the day, but I can't wait to knock this out tonight.

@Shadiochao I'm not sure if that counts, but I never had that issue. You're not too long into the DLC to restart to be safe!

15 minutes ago, Phantom2654 said:

@Kristycism That's impressive, my lowest ranks were combos and damage incurred. Where did you get the combo of 437 hits? Was it at a section battle or the final boss?

I got it at the battle just at the entrance to the final boss area where lots of enemies attack you. Just hold attack and move around quite often, as that saw attack does loads of hits, especially if you’ve got your phantom gauge (or whatever it’s called) at 12.

But you can also get it at the second-last battle (don’t want to name the boss because spoilers) by using the same tactic, although it’s harder as he’s more likely to hit you.

• Like 1

I just got it as well with A+ in everything but damage incurred which I got an A in. What I did was played on easy cleared 1 area saved the game and during every fight I used the item to take less damage. And then I would go back and save if I was happy with my results at the end of the fight. I got my combo from the last area before fighting the boss. 600 is for sure an A+ combo idk about lower. It's not too hard with proper save management and a few items to help along. You may have to reload a save or two if stuff goes wrong but it took me about 3 hours and I collected every item (there is no bonus for it so it's not necessary) and destroyed all the stuff I could find that gave points. I had 1,000,000 battle score and 500,000 rampage score for an A+ in total score. 

The "cinematic" attack final boss does you just go out of the arena with L2, you should be able to get off the streets to the right of how you turn initialy.

final boss can be cheesed if you just use the downward ability to regain your 12 swords and just warpstrike spam him to death, use ethers to get mp back if needed.

Also as i just got the 100% i can confirm that you can take up to a total of 3 grade degradations to still get the A+ as i had a B in dmg taken and A+ in everything else, but a C in dmg taken and A+ in everything else fails the trophy.

Edited by Sun_emperor1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sun_emperor1 said:

The "cinematic" attack final boss does you just go out of the arena with L2, you should be able to get off the streets to the right of how you turn initialy.

final boss can be cheesed if you just use the downward ability to regain your 12 swords and just warpstrike spam him to death, use ethers to get mp back if needed.

Also as i just got the 100% i can confirm that you can take up to a total of 3 grade degradations to still get the A+ as i had a B in dmg taken and A+ in everything else, but a C in dmg taken and A+ in everything else fails the trophy.

Thanks. Bumped my damage incurred from a B to an A for an A+ total. I can finally put this game to rest. What a journey it's been.

13 hours ago, ChrisKyleIX said:

Like many of you, I have a love/hate relationship with this game, so it's fitting that this final trophy had me up far too late last night only to fall short of finally putting this game to rest. Would love to gather insight from anyone who is seeking this trophy in the hopes that we can all cross it off our lists. Last, I'm on mobile, so apologies if any formatting is wonky.

Getting the top ranking appears to require at the least 7/9 A+ marks. My best run had six and three A marks, and I still had an "Amazing" ranking. Here's what I found:

>1.5M Total Score = A+ (very certain as 1.485M was an A)

>400 Max Combo = A+ (I for sure had an A+ with >500 but I think I got an A+ with more than 400)

>300 Enemies Defeated = A+ (could be less but all my runs were over this amount)

>250 Daemonifications = A+ (again, could be less but I always topped this)

7/7 Sections Controlled = A+ (very certain)

0 Undying States = A+ (very certain; 1 yields an A)

>18,000 Damage Incurred = A (my lowest was 18,129; couldn't find the ceiling for an A+)

4 Successful Strategies = A+ (what is this?! my normal run had 4 but my easy run only had 3, which was an A)

>50 Mins Battle Time = A+ (I had 49 mins and got an A+, and 51 mins for another and got an A)

Looking forward to any input! Thanks and good luck!

I'm in the middle of doing this for complete 100%. I can confirm that on a run I took too much damage, I had 147 Daemonifications for an A+ & 199 kills for an A+. 

Finally got the trophy and thanks for the tips in this thread.

Got all A+ in 9 categories

For total score, make sure you got 1.42M before passing no return checkpoint (final battle gives 80K point, so add up to 1.5M)

For damage, always try to increase your defense during intense fight

For Successful Strategies, that is battle goals during tutorial and first battle in city

For Max combo, got it from the entrance to final boss fight, as @Kristycism said, hold attack and move, you will see sword spinning, do not throw to enemies.

Actually, the easiest way to get max combo: if you found max combo hard to get with normal soldiers, you can just ignore first 3 battles at entrance and focus on getting minimum damage and 12 sword around you at the end of 3rd battle, and when the 4th battle begins (2 enemies guardians) you use Ifrit supports immediately, then both of them will become weak for sometime without moving?  just hold attack button and move back and forth... easy 400+combo?  as I did...

play on easy mode...

Edited by zduan7

After completing the game on Normal with 7/7 sectors, I didn't even run into enough enemies to demonify 100 of them or unlock all of Ardyn's abilities.. was 24 AP short of unlocking the last one. At which point did you get enough demonifications? 

Will try to get an Easy playthrough tonight going for A+. Thanks for the tips! 

30 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

After completing the game on Normal with 7/7 sectors, I didn't even run into enough enemies to demonify 100 of them or unlock all of Ardyn's abilities.. was 24 AP short of unlocking the last one. At which point did you get enough demonifications? 

Will try to get an Easy playthrough tonight going for A+. Thanks for the tips! 

I had no problems running into enemies just wandering around on Normal, they always respawn, or you'll be ambushed which is a quick way to get AP, I actually filled my Descension relatively early. Just do that on your Normal save file or on your next playthrough. 

OK, I just got this Trophy on Easy, A+ in everything. The key is to save before each Sector, too much damage, Quit & Load your file, saves tons of time instead of replaying it. Can't upload a pic of the stats when I got my Trophy, so I just typed it out. I now have 100% once again.

FINAL SCORE

Battle Score - 991,690

Rampage Score - 547,120

Total Score - 1,538,810 = A+

Max Combo - 400 = A+

Enemies Defeated - 219 = A+

Daemonifications - 180 = A+

Sectors Controlled - 7/7 = A+

Undying States - 0 = A+

Damage Incurred - 13,280 = A+

Successful Strategies - 4 = A+

Battle Time - 00:42:07 = A+

Rank = A+

Title = Absolutely Astounding

23 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

I had no problems running into enemies just wandering around on Normal, they always respawn, or you'll be ambushed which is a quick way to get AP, I actually filled my Descension relatively early. Just do that on your Normal save file or on your next playthrough. 

Yeah during my initial Normal playthrough I moved mostly between rooftops, rarely going down to the streets.. that explains why I didn't encounter that many enemies ?

I got the trophy last night in about 2.5 hours on Easy. Couldn't bother grinding score-points, so got an A-ranking in Total Score and A+ everywhere else. Didn't read about the damage reduction hat until this morning when I saw a guide was up, but I definitely used items to increase defense.