20 exclusives, 12 new IPs on PS4 in Year One

Lady Lilith

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/24/20-games-12-new-franchises-coming-to-playstation-4-in-year-one

Sony's first-party studios have 30 games in development for the PlayStation 4, 20 of which are due to release within a year of the console's launch and 12 of which are new franchises.

That's according to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO Jim Ryan, who told

at E3 that more titles would be unveiled at Gamescom.

"At the event in New York on February 20 of this year, we showed a lot of software," he explained. "We showed a lot of first-party software. What we did at E3 here was really show some updates to those games, and, as you mentioned, introduce The Order: 1886. There’s a lot coming.

"I’m sure you heard from [sCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has—just his studios—he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP.

"So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans—we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?"

At the moment, the first-party exclusives we've seen for the PlayStation 4 are DriveClub,KnackKillzone: Shadow FallInfamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886. It sounds like this list will grow following Gamescom, which is taking place between August 21 and 25.

When Microsoft announced the Xbox One last month, the company revealed it would bereleasing 15 exclusive games for the console in the first year, of which eight would be new franchises.

Cool.  The exclusive part doesn't surprise me at all though, Sony's always been great at having exclusives, something MS can't seem to grasp.

Gonna be a very exciting 2014 and beyond. I just can't wait to see what the PS4 can really do! All that I seen and heard about have already amazed me and to know that PS4 will get better and better thru the years just gives me orgasmic release sensation!

Awesome. One of ths things that caused the PS3 to have such a slow start was its lack of great games. It seems every mistake Sony made with the PS3 they are completely reversing for the PS4. The high price, lack of games and later release date are all taken care of this generation and I think Sony are really going to benefit from that.

Parker

• Like 1

Saying that Xbox have no great exclusives on the 360 is a bit harsh...

As for the ps, I would love a next gen motorstorm, easily one of the most impressive releases for the ps3

If I'm not mistaken, the guys behind Motorstorm are working on DriveClub so I don't think we'll see a Motorstorm game for a while, if at all. 

Parker

I'm officially sold and these are the games I'll be getting for the PS4!

Confirmed Purchases

• Knack
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition

Possible Purchases

• Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Battlefield 4
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Deep Down
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Diablo III
  • Tom Clancy's: The Division
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • Thief
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • The Order: 1886

...and, i hate to say it, but i'll probably pick up Call of Duty: Ghosts. Don't shun me but i enjoy the campaigns.

• Like 1

And the exclusive thing was part of every Xbox One purchasers' arguments.  I knew PS would have more, PS3 started off really badly, but now it's back on track.  I'll reckon PS4 will have Tales as exclusive as well as a pile of other Japanese franchises since Japan isn't getting Xbox One and they're still like "Not getting it" after the recent changes.  I'll be definitely getting Knack as a launch title so that's one of the exclusives and new IPs.

I was completely sold on the PS4 after 30 minutes of their press conference at E3. Sony is going to put out top-notch exclusives and I believe I have most of them pre-ordered at this time! I am very excited for The Order: 1886 that game trailer was so awesome! League of Extraordinary gentleman feel to it!

I'm officially sold and these are the games I'll be getting for the PS4!

Confirmed Purchases

• Knack
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition

Possible Purchases

• Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Battlefield 4
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Deep Down
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Diablo III
  • Tom Clancy's: The Division
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty
  • Mirror's Edge 2
  • Thief
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • The Order: 1886

...and, i hate to say it, but i'll probably pick up Call of Duty: Ghosts. Don't shun me but i enjoy the campaigns.

Is Knack a launch title? If so I need to go preorder that ASAP. It looked awesome.