How to find the last straggler of a horde?

Quink666

So the last 5 hordes i tried killing have all failed because there is 1 or 2 of them left somewhere. Tried fast traveling and going back they are impossible to find. Making it impossible to kill  half of the hordes.

How long do you have to wait for the horde to respawn? This is so fucking annoying an awful game design that 1 little freak can fuck you over.

Just now, ObliviousSenpai said:

You'll just have to look around the hordes' general location. There are three different areas that each horde can be found at, so maybe your stragglers are at one of the other nearby locations.

I spent over 1 hour on the last horde trying both day and night going into the caves and all around the red marked areas, there are freakers there but no one that was part of the horde.

It's just frustrating that one freaker can screw you over. But ill guess i will just wait until more of the have spawned so they are easier to find. Even made save point before each horde and tried them again but almost always there is a straggler or two.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

I spent over 1 hour on the last horde trying both day and night going into the caves and all around the red marked areas, there are freakers there but no one that was part of the horde.

It's just frustrating that one freaker can screw you over. But ill guess i will just wait until more of the have spawned so they are easier to find. Even made save point before each horde and tried them again but almost always there is a straggler or two.

Yeah it can be frustrating. They should implement a feature that marks the last 5 or so freakers on your map.

14 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

you create multiple threads for every single game you seem to play asking how to do stuff.....i guess it’s a good thing you have internet since you probably wouldn’t ever be able to finish a game on your own without it.

Indeed.

53 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

you create multiple threads for every single game you seem to play asking how to do stuff.....i guess it’s a good thing you have internet since you probably wouldn’t ever be able to finish a game on your own without it.

That's their gimmick. 

• Like 1

Where are you trying to fight the hordes? Personally I find tracking them back to their nest to work best for me. I place proxy mines & homemade bombs around the entrance & just outside it, then creep into the cave, throw a distractor into the group to get them to group up even more & then follow up with a couple of frags or pipe bombs. I then back off to the entrance, the next wave dies on my proxy mines & then I clean up with Molotovs & my Auto Shotgun.

I have killed a good number of hordes in the open aswell usually with a very similar method, get above them, group them up with a distractor & then drop bombs on them. In this scenario I drop my proxy bombs as I fall back so I know they will step on them chasing me.

I've only had 1 group where I had a couple go missing but because I'd tagged one of them with my binoculars when I saw them heading away, it took very little time to catch up to & kill them.

Edited by Rattamauled

6 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Good, so it was not just me who tought that!

• Like 3