Problem with PS4 Pro

snakebit10

I posted this as a status update early this morning and got no response.

Last night I was on my PS4 pro and a thunder storm come up real quick. Didn't have time to shut down. The storm knocked my TV and Ps4 out but everything else in my apartment stayed on. My TV is still working fine.

So now my PS4 pro won't come on at all. If I unplug it and plug it back in it will beep one time and the blue light will flash for a second and go right back off and nothing else happens. I looked on the internet for a fix but no solutions worked. It was 2;30 in the morning by this time so I went to bed with it unplugged for the night hoping when I got up I could plug it in and it would work. That was wishful thinking.

Has anyone on PSNprofiles experienced this? If so were you able to fix your PS4?

I assume you've tried holding the power button to start in safe mode? Doubt it would work anyway; sounds like it's bricked, unfortunately.

Haven't lost a console, but a storm did fry my old gaming router. I have everything connected to an uninterruptible power supply these days, and its saved my devices many times.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

Just now, ScarecrowsFate said:

I assume you've tried holding the power button to start in safe mode? Doubt it would work anyway; sound like it's bricked, unfortunately.

Haven't lost a console, but a storm did fry my old gaming router. I have everything connected to an uninterruptible power supply these days, and its saved my devices many times.

Eveything else on my power supply still works, just not my PS4. I don't understand it. 

2 minutes ago, ClintonLS90 said:

Power surge protectors are life savers. The surge from the lightning strike most likely fried your PS4. Sorry, dude.  

I have plugged into a surge protector. That is why I don't understand why this has happened. It is one of the professional power surge protectors that the electric company give us.

1 minute ago, Parker said:

Unfortunately, it seems like the storm killed it. Is the system still under warranty?

Parker

Warranty was up last month. About 2 weeks ago. I got it around April 19th last year.

4 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I have plugged into a surge protector. That is why I don't understand why this has happened. It is one of the professional power surge protectors that the electric company give us.

Warranty was up last month. About 2 weeks ago. I got it around April 19th last year.

I'd contact Sony and see if there is anything they can do for you. One of my coworkers had a PS4 replaced outside of warranty (it was 3 weeks out of warranty) so it is possible Sony will take pity on you. I don't think I'd mention the storm, I'd just tell them it won't turn on no matter what you've tried. Make sure you're extremely respectful and polite, that always helps. 

Sorry man, I wish there was more I could do. 

Parker

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parker said:

I'd contact Sony and see if there is anything they can do for you. One of my coworkers had a PS4 replaced outside of warranty (it was 3 weeks out of warranty) so it is possible Sony will take pity on you. I don't think I'd mention the storm, I'd just tell them it won't turn on no matter what you've tried. Make sure you're extremely respectful and polite, that always helps. 

Parker

Thanks, I will try that.

1 hour ago, Parker said:

Parker

I was only able to do online chat today. When filling out the form for repair service it says it is a charge of 149.99. I am going to call tomorrow when I can talk to someone on the phone before proceeding.

Hey snake I hope the Sony CS can help you if not. Would you be willing to try opening it up? If so, there is a battery. On the motherboard a CR battery like on PC. Remove it so the cmos resets. You can also try removing power supply and replug it. Since you had on a surge protector I doubt it may fried your ps4. But the lost of power could had semi brick something software wise. But I dont know how old your surge is. Those things dont last forever. If last night the surge took a hit. Well its better to replace it. Because think of it like having Health points. Once its close to 0 it cant take much more before for everything plugged in.

Unplug the power cable. Press the Power button on the console, it should try to start then immediately die due to no power.

After that plug it back in and attempt to enter Safe Mode.

If that does not work, 3 paths left:
1: The HDD is Bricked (You Fix)
2: The PSU is Bricked (You Fix)
3: The System is Bricked (Sony)

There's also a potential your CPU became unseated, but highly doubtful as to your evidence of electrical strike.

Edited by A12

23 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

He actually covers thee thunderstorm thing

https://youtu.be/ZZzWJaAX1iA?t=149

If you're willing to open it up and post pictures of the innards , make sure to get the board and PSU in the pics and the community can help a bit better then.

I'm not sure I feel safe opening it up. Don't want to screw anything up.

24 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Hey snake I hope the Sony CS can help you if not. Would you be willing to try opening it up? If so, there is a battery. On the motherboard a CR battery like on PC. Remove it so the cmos resets. You can also try removing power supply and replug it. Since you had on a surge protector I doubt it may fried your ps4. But the lost of power could had semi brick something software wise. But I dont know how old your surge is. Those things dont last forever. If last night the surge took a hit. Well its better to replace it. Because think of it like having Health points. Once its close to 0 it cant take much more before for everything plugged in.

The power surge protector is about 2 years old. I don't know if I feel safe opening it up.

hey bro try this method try plugging in your ps4 pro to an actual wall outlet directly with tv hookedup and it should work it will say something about your ps4 hdd will need to be checked let it finish and it will fix it

unlike the ps3 the ps4 even pro were built differently then ps3 to allow the system to rebuild the hdd as if its a new ps4 without losing data as it fixes corrupted data

You can shop around there are some repair shops that might do it cheaper than Sony the only problem would be it's not Sony, Some offer warranty on their fixes like a local guy around me, If you don't feel comfortable opening then I'd personally advise against it then because nerves can cause you to break something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born2BeTribal said:

hey bro try this method try plugging in your ps4 pro to an actual wall outlet directly with tv hookedup and it should work it will say something about your ps4 hdd will need to be checked let it finish and it will fix it

unlike the ps3 the ps4 even pro were built differently then ps3 to allow the system to rebuild the hdd as if its a new ps4 without losing data as it fixes corrupted data

Tried this, didn't work.

1 minute ago, Born2BeTribal said:

does it turn on at all

When I unplug it and plug it back in the blue light on the front blinks one time and shuts right back off. So no it don't turn on at all. Nothing ever gets on the screen.

when you plug it in hold the power button until a screen comes up asking or saying plug in your usb cable for dual shock 4 controller and rebuild database

if it fixes it then your welcome regardless its not needed i dont need any payment i just try to help out gamers 

18 minutes ago, Born2BeTribal said:

when you plug it in hold the power button until a screen comes up asking or saying plug in your usb cable for dual shock 4 controller and rebuild database

if it fixes it then your welcome regardless its not needed i dont need any payment i just try to help out gamers 

I've already tried that. Even seen someone of youtube say they held in power and eject at the same time to fix theirs.