The OG platinum trophy image

Sly Ripper

30 minutes ago, gamingslegend said:

@Sly Ripper was this taken directly from 2.40 through file access or something? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this image just came from somewhere around the internet. If so, any of the other ranks have different icons? (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

The original gold silver and bronze trophies had slightly different designs to how they look today too. 

You'll see it in this video about 25 seconds in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V33rBdICO40

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Was thinking about this thread again today, and went ahead and ran the image through an A.I. upscalar and I think it gave me some pretty good results! The biggest one is a bit blurry, but not bad. The original platinum trophy really has some nice details :P 

ztLi42R.png

256px (2x)

Definitely like the details in the smaller one.  If PSN ever celebrated the PS anniversary it would be cool to swap the current plat image with the old one for the day.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I know it's kinda corny but I think that's cooler than the PS3-4 and the PS5 one. Shame that we don't have any footage of a plat popping with the icon. Considering it was only up for a week long before there actually were any games with platinum's. 

• Like 1