WARNING: Global Save corrupted - file deleted

Found a potential work around as this works for me (so far) but results could vary for others, like most people on PS4 I have experienced the global save corruption (luckily I uploaded my save 10 minute before I lost save data) so this is what I did and you can try if you want 

1) Before you attempt a time trial upload your current global save & adventure mode save with your unlocked boss/skins/kart decals & body's/stickers to the PS+ cloud, (you can upload your hard adventure mode save as well but you don't lose anything if it gets corrupted anyway, unless you've unlocked some skins for the character you are using in hard then upload as well) (disable auto upload for PS+ as it may screw you over) 

2) set a good time on one track to unlock N.Tropy ghost 

3) quit to the main menu 

4) beat n.trophy ghost on that track you did in step 2

5) quit to the main menu

6) close game app

7) upload your global & adventure mode saves to the PS+ cloud (disable auto upload for PS+ as it may screw you over) 

8) start the game up again it will may crash multiple times and keep doing so until you keep closing the app, then you will get a message saying save data is corrupted and will be deleted, delete it and accept all terms and conditions again (not sure if it is important to accept the terms again but I did), wait until the title screen comes up then close the app again, if you don't get the corrupt message continue with the next time trial

9) download your saves from the cloud to replace the corrupt local data on the system (if save corrupt happens)

10) start up game again it shouldn't crash anymore and you should have all your save data again (all unlocks from adventure mode & time trials), (Wumpa coins and the stuff you've bought with them are unaffected and will remain after save corruption) 

11) rinse and repeat steps 2-7 until all time trials are completed, if save corrupt happens repeat steps 8-9  

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

July 3rd is the release date of the first Grand Prix/Season. I bet they wanna bring it with all the new content and fix the bugs in the same patch. Considering Activision add some major fixes to N-Sane Trilogy with the same patch they added the 2nd DLC level (a year later basically). Probably they dont bother to spend money on additional patches.

Edited by item112z

1 hour ago, item112z said:

Ok, i was right lol. The patch with the fix will come July 3rd alongside new content.

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2019-06/Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueled-content-additions-updates

Some nice things being added which is good but to wait for the patch to fix the time trial save corruption is unacceptable  

Just a heads up that I think this bug might also affect the "I know the way!" trophy for doing all the shortcuts. I got hit with the Global Save corruption thing literally right as I was about to challenge my final Oxide ghost and had to redo all my time trials yesterday. Then when I went to get the all shortcuts trophy, (I was only missing Blizzard Bluff) "I know the way" didn't unlock and I had to redo all the other shortcuts again to get it to pop.

Not really a big deal but it had me worried for a second and I thought it was worth mentioning incase it happens to anyone else. (It'll be patched soon anyways at least)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Glenn_O said:

Just a heads up that I think this bug might also affect the "I know the way!" trophy for doing all the shortcuts. I got hit with the Global Save corruption thing literally right as I was about to challenge my final Oxide ghost and had to redo all my time trials yesterday. Then when I went to get the all shortcuts trophy, (I was only missing Blizzard Bluff) "I know the way" didn't unlock and I had to redo all the other shortcuts again to get it to pop.

Not really a big deal but it had me worried for a second and I thought it was worth mentioning incase it happens to anyone else. (It'll be patched soon anyways at least)

Yes I made a thread about this and also posted a solution

Edited by Erkawest

On 6/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, Clafoutee said:

Just a quick question : If I manually backup the global save (not the adventure mode) every time I beat Oxide, would I be ok with a global save corrupted file?

Yes I posted this tip a few posts above,during beating the N.Tropy times I got multiple crashes and eventually save corrupt so I decided to I uploaded every two time trials I beat N.Tropy in to the PS+ cloud until I beat all of his times and I never got the save corrupt again, and with Oxide I'm currently uploading my save after every one I beat because he is a lot harder

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Does anybody know if this was fixed yet? Any new reports?

I went on it yesterday and did a couple trials and online and it never crashed. I backed it up just incase

But according to @Im-Riszky it dosent matter if it crashes and it only happens to a few people (even tho there was pages and pages about it on google)