Platinum rarity

Whoa, almost 10% platinum, this is not rare at all. Weird, considering how much people cry out about the difficulty. I remember playing this game on PSOne & when I experimented with the drift boost I lorded over the entire CPU competition rather easily (uless they manage to take me down with a powerup that is). Been wondering about picking this up. Although PSOne was my 1st serious games platform I never went crazy for Crash. Sure, it was fun, but I've only completed 3rd one quick and didn't bother with the rest. Only installment of this series that I enjoyed was CTR. Wonder how it holds up (gameplay-wise) when brought to more modern standards.

• 2 weeks later...

This Platinum rarity seems ok to me. I even kinda think it is quite low in comparison to how difficult the game is.

The only Time Trials I really had difficulties with is Crash Cove and Dragon Mines.

Firstly I did not have full understanding of most of the mechanics in the game when I started doing the time trials so when I started with Crash Cove, I had to put in 3 hours of trial and error or even more before I actually beat Oxide's time. 

Dragon Mines is just a pain. Here I timed the skip on the intro of the track to make sure I could avoid those damn minekarts to take the shortcut and even then I beat Oxide's time with less than a half of a second.

Useful tip:

Look for guides to beat the developer times on youtube. Developer times are way harder to beat than Oxide's time so better take notes from these guys.

There is this youtuber named TheViperian, who really explains how to beat most of the dev time trials. Really good videos. 

• Like 1

Most people would have played the original on the PlayStation 1 and got really good at it so they would have blazed through Nitro-Fueled. As far as the platinum rarity is concerned you have to take into account the amount of players who've earned at least 1 trophy in the game on PS4, judging from the source below it states at the end of November 2020 there were 4.9 million users who have earned at least 1 trophy on the PS4 version. The number of players registered on the site that have the game is insignificant to that value, if every single user was registered to PSNP the rarity would drop way below 5%. If the source I linked is credible that is! Obviously a lot of those could be playing on a smurf account to test the game before playing on their REAL account but still it shouldn't affect the rarity that much.

https://gamstat.com/games/Crash_Team_Racing_Nitro-Fueled/ 

Edited by LancashireLad87

On 01/01/2021 at 3:24 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

Most people would have played the original on the PlayStation 1 and got really good at it so they would have blazed through Nitro-Fueled. As far as the platinum rarity is concerned you have to take into account the amount of players who've earned at least 1 trophy in the game on PS4, judging from the source below it states at the end of November 2020 there were 4.9 million users who have earned at least 1 trophy on the PS4 version. The number of players registered on the site that have the game is insignificant to that value, if every single user was registered to PSNP the rarity would drop way below 5%. If the source I linked is credible that is! Obviously a lot of those could be playing on a smurf account to test the game before playing on their REAL account but still it shouldn't affect the rarity that much.

https://gamstat.com/games/Crash_Team_Racing_Nitro-Fueled/ 

That applies to every single game that has been released though. Games that have a rarer plat than this would be so much rarer again. All this game requires is about 5-10 hours of practice. It's just a learning curve that actually isn't that hard. Hence why a lot can plat it in the end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Riszcky said:

That applies to every single game that has been released though. Games that have a rarer plat than this would be so much rarer again. All this game requires is about 5-10 hours of practice. It's just a learning curve that actually isn't that hard. Hence why a lot can plat it in the end.

You could apply your logic to ANY game, I thought it was obvious that the rarity would apply to any game on any platform which is why I stated it. As far as difficulty is concerned not once did I mention the games difficulty in my post. If you want some races let me know, I love CTR :) 

• 3 months later...
On 2‏/12‏/2020 at 2:10 PM, BrandedBerserk said:

I personally found it harder than plats like furi, downwell and dmc 5 so considering those are ultra rares id say it probably could of been around that area if not for cheaters. 

Nah you don't get it.

Game is so popular + nostalgia + a good game + shame for many ppl if they don't get plat at least (when it's ur childhood game n u hvae beaten it on PS1, so did everyone you know). Then everyone wants to say he is the best at the game, get what I mean ?

See leaderboard pages for games u mentioned, u can hardly see ppl from Arabia. Team Racing you can easily find 5+ Arabs on each page.

Edited by AyeOfReach