Sony Rewards Removing Trophy Pass Redemption - Nov 7th, 2019

5 hours ago, jdizzle0420 said:

I emailed 2 weeks ago and never got a reply so I just called and they said all trophy information from Sony is accounted for and everyone has been credited. That's a lie. I have 200 points from 2 silver trophy passes that I never got credit for and the rep was incredibly rude and unhelpful and just kept saying there's nothing that can be done. I asked to speak to a manager and she lied and said they were in meeting. She refused to help at all she said she couldn't just give me points and straight up said if she escalated the issue they wouldn't care and nothing will be done because on their end it says everything is accounted for.

Definitely untrue; I'm still missing 4300 points, and other people are complaining about missing points on Twitter.

I also can't log-in via the Sony Rewards app anymore after they updated it—it just gives me a "connection timed out" error. There's a new pass, called "Playstation Card Buying Power," but I have no idea what it is, since they removed the ability to view passes on the site, and their garbage app refuses to work. So frustrating!

They might as well just shut down the rewards program altogether, since they haven't gotten a single thing to work properly from the beginning.

10 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Definitely untrue; I'm still missing 4300 points, and other people are complaining about missing points on Twitter.

That's a lot. I'm missing about 2000 myself. I have a strong feeling that we won't be seeing those points, though. 

10 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

They might as well just shut down the rewards program altogether, since they haven't gotten a single thing to work properly from the beginning.

Amen to that. It's remarkable how bad Sony is at this whole online thing (or, more probably, how lazy they are).

17 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

I also can't log-in via the Sony Rewards app anymore after they updated it—it just gives me a "connection timed out" error.

Edit: I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled (Android 9) and now the app works just fine. I was able to register a movie code. Im sure in a day or 2 it will go back to not loading when I go to upload the tickets for Jumanji 3.

Ive been having that issue the last few days too. Its happened before, but usually fixes by closing the app. I used to ALWAYS have issues on the website, but only when looking at stuff to buy with points and genuinely believe it was designed like so you get sick of constantly getting errors and just let your points expire. Sony are a bunch of cheapskates imo.

Wow while writing this I just got this email:

Thank you for contacting Sony Rewards online support.

We have research your account balance inquiry and confirmed your balance is correctly displayed . .

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards team

Edited by jdizzle0420

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's remarkable how bad Sony is at this whole online thing (or, more probably, how lazy they are).

According to Sony Rewards' own customer service reps, they're just a credit card company that's affiliated with Sony to run their rewards program. So, as much as I like to criticize Sony, I guess it's not really them. Explains the profound ineptitude.

15 hours ago, jdizzle0420 said:

Edit: I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled (Android 9) and now the app works just fine.

Ive been having that issue the last few days too. Its happened before, but usually fixes by closing the app. I used to ALWAYS have issues on the website, but only when looking at stuff to buy with points and genuinely believe it was designed like so you get sick of constantly getting errors and just let your points expire.

Guess I'll try that.

Yeah, I actually haven't been able to redeem points for anything on the website or app in over a year. I just get an error message: "Your order could not be completed." I always have to call them, and order over the phone. They refuse to fix this, despite my reporting the issue over and over.

We have research your account balance inquiry and confirmed your balance is correctly displayed.

They're going to have a lot of angry people to deal with if they nickel-and-dime points like this. At least it's only 200 points in your case, but I hope you keep pestering them. Sometimes you get better results by contacting them on Twitter and Facebook, I find.

Oh, and can anyone else see this pass (on the far right): https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net ?

"Playstation Card Purchase Power." If someone could log into the app and find out what it is, I'd be grateful. My app isn't working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

"Playstation Card Purchase Power." If someone could log into the app and find out what it is, I'd be grateful. My app isn't working.

Do you have the Sony Playstation credit card? Ever since they changed from Capital One to Comenity Bank Nov 7th, they promised new passes and that is one of them...
New cards were sent out, if you decide to activate it and making a new 1st purchase with it, you get 500points.

51 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

New cards were sent out, if you decide to activate it and making a new 1st purchase with it, you get 500points.

Oh, they already credited me for that. Why does the pass still appear as "available" on the website if I've already completed it? ?

9 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Oh, they already credited me for that. Why does the pass still appear as "available" on the website if I've already completed it? 1f644.png

Then it's probably this one instead.

zCapB8A.png

6 minutes ago, Glacier_Silver said:

No I'm right here with you. So this thing is called the PlayStation Pass?

Its "Sony Rewards" https://www.rewards.sony.com/

And they have this thing called passes, technically like achievements...
They have passes for inviting 3 friends, watching some movies, use the sonyrewards app etc, theres a ton of passes for new people who join, its free. You dont even need to apply for sony credit card. Points made can used to purchase stuffs at Sony store, like PSN cards :)

1 hour ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Its "Sony Rewards" https://www.rewards.sony.com/

And they have this thing called passes, technically like achievements...
They have passes for inviting 3 friends, watching some movies, use the sonyrewards app etc, theres a ton of passes for new people who join, its free. You dont even need to apply for sony credit card. Points made can used to purchase stuffs at Sony store, like PSN cards :)

Thank you.

7 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Then it's probably this one instead.

zCapB8A.png

Ah, thanks for that. I don't know if we'll use the card that much before Jan 31, but who knows.

An update - I just got off the phone with a very helpful and honest Sony Rewards rep (probably the best one I've dealt with): according to her, the trophy information they received from Sony was supposed to account for every trophy earned up to late November, and all point balances should be accurate now. Since the pass program is over, there's nothing more they can do.  She also said that the trophy pass program/communication with Sony never worked correctly from the start, which is one of the reasons they ended it, and she apologized profusely.

So, either the points just haven't come through for us yet, or we're never getting them. Very disheartening, if the latter—I worked really hard to earn 10 more platinums before the end! ?

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

I got this today.

We are very sorry that you are not completely satisfied with our service. While difficult to receive, it is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to share these comments with us. It is important for us to receive this type of honest, personal opinion so we can better consider the needs of our customers moving forward.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

I called. And told them. They haven't given me points yet. And i have email form each month saying were working on it. And on Nov15. So there were told when they could fix it. Girl on the phone sayed 'ya it see it wasn't counted for month's' and open a case for me. 

I can see if its from like that week getting lost but for 5 months?

Edited by Zid960
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, Zid960 said:

I got this today.

We are very sorry that you are not completely satisfied with our service. While difficult to receive, it is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to share these comments with us. It is important for us to receive this type of honest, personal opinion so we can better consider the needs of our customers moving forward.

Kind regards,

The Sony Rewards Team

I called. And told them. They haven't given me points yet. And i have email form each month saying were working on it. And on Nov15. So there were told when they could fix it. Girl on the phone sayed 'ya it see it wasn't counted for month's' and open a case for me. 

I can see if its from like that week getting lost but for 5 months?

Any update on your case or anyone else's?

I still haven't got a reply after they said my points are accurate and I told them I was missing 200. I'm pretty much positive that I won't be seeing those points. I know it's only 200, but it's also technically worth $2 if I get a $10 PSN card lol.

Ok so after all this time i got to talk to a upper management.  So apparently the max amount of passes is 12. Which i over exceeded months ago. That why i stopped getting point way back as march. And after a good 20 minute talk we found out how this all happened. I got to hear it on the phone. This i know happened.

He ask the other individuals there. And found out the team there did not know there was a max amount at all. And yelled at them. I literally heard it over the phone.? This should of be told to me months ago. Which would have saved me a lot of time.  

So in the end i got 0. But i did get the whole sonyrewards team chewed out. Well as least it made my day. Just wished i know that before would have played on my friends account. Oh well?

Definitely not in my case—I completed only 7 of my allotted platinum passes (I manually kept track) and the progress on them stalled at 9/10, months before the program ended. Same problem with silver passes. Only the golds were properly counted, which I did max out.

The rep I spoke with outright admitted that the trophy pass program was broken and inaccurate from the start, and that I'd likely never get the 4300 points they owe me. Pretty disgusting, and it seems to be a common issue, since I've seen a lot of Sony Rewards members complaining about it online.

If Sony ever wants to implement another rewards program for trophies, they'd be foolish to have this incompetent credit card company manage it again.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

I only got 1 platinum pass, 2 golds & 1 silver pass total, and I still never got the gold & silver trophy passes that I know I should've gotten prior to the nov 7 date when the program ended. When contacting their phone support 3 times I first was told "it's delayed and will take another couple of weeks to be credited" to someone saying they'll "create a case & look into it and get back to me", take a guess if they ever contacted me about it? Of course not, when contacting them again they gave me the same spiel others have commented "all points have been accounted for and there's nothing I can do".

What a bunch of BS when the email they sent out before they ended the trophy pass literally said:

"What happens to trophies, points, and Pass status I've earned before November 7, 2019, that aren't up-to-date?
A. We are aware there is a delay in posting earned trophies and points. Please rest assured we will credit to your account all trophies and points earned on or before November 7. You can view any applicable points earned for completion of a Pass under Points Activity in the My Account section. "

Worst customer support I've had the displeasure of dealing with...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BG808s said:

Worst customer support I've had the displeasure of dealing with...

Agreed on this, but my worst experience was not related to this.  It was an issue with trophies for a new game not being on the site yet and the rep had the nerve to tell me to rebuild database to try and resolve that.  I told them no because it will wipe the trophies that are not synced yet and then asked them how an issue on my system could be affecting the ability for a third party site to view the trophy lists?  They stopped at that point and admitted it wasn't an issue with my system.  What upsets me the most was that the dumb rep swore up and down that wouldn't mess up my trophy data when I know very well it wipes all local trophy data and you want to sync trophies before doing a database rebuild.  Less savvy players could lose a lot of game progress from that sort of lack of knowledge.

I honestly can't even log in to the Sony Rewards website right now to confirm if I ever got my points.  Their site is so stupid that it fails to work in any browser but Chrome and like hell I'm downloading Chrome just because they failed to test their site for basic functionality in any browser but Chrome.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, DemonicDraco said:

I busted my arse to finish my trophy passes before 11/7 even got a few extra plats just Incase my math was a bit off. Still waiting on my 2100 points. Even points from purchases are taking about a month to show, my passes won't load it's a mess but it's free money.

Decided to call them about it. This morning a lady said i needed a supervisor and to call back after 10 am pst.. so i called back around 11 was on hold 25 minutes and it hung up on me.. then just hung up on me after 2 minutes whenever i tried for about an hour.. tilI finally got ahold of a guy.. he checked my account and it said most of my trophies came in on the 22nd... after checking my trophies for a few mins he gave me the 2100 points.

So if anyone else didnt get credit for trophies in the last few weeks before 11/7/19 call them.

Edited by DemonicDraco
Typos

Still missing about 1100 points that I did just before 11/7. Nothing yet. But only 11$...do I really wanna call and waste time wuth their stupid customer service I so heard of :hmm:...