Nothing to purchase at this time

happyman778

I went to start playing Factions last night and when I entered the menu I was prompted to download the DLC to proceed, even though I have it installed. Pressing okay gave me the message "Nothing available to purchase at this time" and I can't get past it. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so have they found a work around?

Regards,

happyman778

1 hour ago, happyman778 said:

I went to start playing Factions last night and when I entered the menu I was prompted to download the DLC to proceed, even though I have it installed. Pressing okay gave me the message "Nothing available to purchase at this time" and I can't get past it. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so have they found a work around?

Regards,

happyman778

go to account management > download list and download the dlcs from there.

6 hours ago, happyman778 said:

Sadly I've done that multiple times. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the updates too. Yet nothing so far.

If re-downloading each dlc manually and individually doesn't work via the download list (or view downloads in the ps3 ps store), I'd suspect a region mismatch .

What region/country is your game for (disc or digital download?), and what country/region is the psn account you're using set up for?

Also, what is the exact message you get when prompted for the dlc?

Edited by Quaddo1
spelling

7 hours ago, happyman778 said:

Regards,

happyman778

The only time that message pops up is when you're trying to access a region store from disc that doesn't match the region of your psn account

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

The only time that message pops up is when you're trying to access a region store from disc that doesn't match the region of your psn account

This is completely wrong.

EU disc with EU account and EU free map packs that are now delisted also lead to the same error message.

The error message vanishes with the same map packs from the add-on bundle installed instead.

To happyman778 : since nobody has mentioned it so far in this thread, are you talking about the free map packs that used to be available before the servers' closure announcement or the add-on bundle that was released for free on June 5? if it is not the latter, just download it and try again. It is simply called "The Last of Us Add-on bundle." You can then go to your download list to download each of the file individually because not all of them will be installed.

The issue with physical copies might come from the delisting of certain files from the store and probably the fact that they disabled the compatibility of those same files with the disc version. I am not sure of course but I do not see what else it could be.

EDIT : you also get this error message with nothing at all installed still with a EU disc on a EU account.

Edited by JeromeSpree

44 minutes ago, JeromeSpree said:

To happyman778 : since nobody has mentioned it so far in this thread, are you talking about the free map packs that used to be available before the servers' closure announcement or the add-on bundle that was released for free on June 5? if it is not the latter, just download it and try again. It is simply called "The Last of Us Add-on bundle." You can then go to your download list to download each of the file individually because not all of them will be installed.

What do you mean? Several of us have suggested and mentioned just that in this thread.......the op even responded and said they'd already tried that.

52 minutes ago, Quaddo1 said:

What do you mean? Several of us have suggested and mentioned just that in this thread.......the op even responded and said they'd already tried that.

OP never talked about having tried that with the add-on bundle maps, nor anybody replying afterwards named that very precise bundle and assumed he was talking about it...

But OP could be in the same situation I was after installing the game data; that is trying to launch the multiplayer with the free map packs that were available before the add-on bundle popped on the store and made these free map packs be delisted at the same time.

I first did that way and it resulted in the same error message the OP got.

Edited by JeromeSpree

53 minutes ago, Quaddo1 said:

Well, I read it as the op had the dlc bundle already installed the normal way (which doesn't always work), but maybe I'm wrong. 

Yep, you misread it, like others.

It could be what he meant but he was not precise about it so we do not know for sure but it could also be possible to get the error message the way I did. In the first case it would be a region incompatibility like SnowxSakura said while in the second one, happyman778 does not have the add-on bundle installed but the now delisted map packs.

Edited by JeromeSpree

I solved the problem. Because I uninstalled all the data I had to try and make it work I also uninstalled a free DLC that was released a long, long time ago "Troublesome Territories". This is not included in the bundle (I guess they thought nobody would be buying the game at this point) but scrolling through my downloads list all the way back to 2013 I found it, installed it, and Factions was available to me again. 

Thank goodness, and thank you all for your input and ideas.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, happyman778 said:

I solved the problem. Because I uninstalled all the data I had to try and make it work I also uninstalled a free DLC that was released a long, long time ago "Troublesome Territories". This is not included in the bundle (I guess they thought nobody would be buying the game at this point) but scrolling through my downloads list all the way back to 2013 I found it, installed it, and Factions was available to me again. 

I'm having the same problem. Can you give more detail on what you did? I've deleted the game data several times and tried downloading the dlc through the store, but nothing is working for me

I don't know if this will help most but I hope it will.

Situation; I booted the game up as it's been sitting hidden on my trophy list at 1% for years and it said I needed the pass I went to the store and downloaded the bundle (x/16) restarted the game and it wouldn't load online I still needed the pass despite adding the DLC pack.

Fix; Even though the pack downloaded it doesn't download everything (no idea why, but it only downloaded the perks and guns). I went into my list on psn and downloaded the network pass itself and got into the MP first try. Hope it works for everyone else ?

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 1:50 AM, happyman778 said:

Glad to hear you solved it.

Though, I think you meant "Treacherous Territories", right? Plus, are you in the US, or?

I just checked the sizes of the free dlc bundles on the US store vs the European one.

The European bundle is 692 MB: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-BCES01585_00-TLOUADDONSBUNDLE (you might have to open the links in an incognito browser window, or similar)

The US is only about 550 MB: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-BCUS98174_00-T1COLLECTIONBUND

This makes for a difference of 142 MB, which is the exact size of the Treacherous Territories map pack for the ps3!

It seems like someone f-ed up by leaving out one of the map packs in the US bundle.....

Edit: after doing some more research I found out that the two maps in the Treacherous Territories map pack (Beach and Financial Plaza) were first included in the v1.09 patch for the ps3 back in late August 2014: https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/the_last_of_us_patch_103_and_109_free_maps

So, if anyone is having the same issues as happyman778 after downloading the free dlc bundle, I suggest either delete the latest patch (v1.11) and then re-apply it, or take a look in your download list (or view downloads) and look for the map pack there and re-download/install it (just like happyman778 did).

Edited by Quaddo1
added info

• 3 weeks later...

Left Behind is not free.

I think the intention was to only have all the mp dlcs in the free bundle, but in some regions a few of the sp dlcs were included in the free bundle as well (e.g. grounded difficulty mode), probably by mistake or carelessness

Edited by Quaddo1
  • Like 1