The Last of Us is the only game of 2013 to be on top for 4 weeks straight

drummerklg

The Last of Us is not "overrated", as you can see, for 4 weeks The Last of Us has reigned supreme in the UK, and rightfully so, this game is filled with an engrossing story, great voice acting, combat that feels rewarding, and a game that will be defined as a classic for generations to come, possibly to some people, it is the greatest game of all time.  It even boasts a multiplayer which is not "tacked on" (like Tomb Raider's.)  What is even more impressive, is the fact that the Last of Us is only available on one console.  If you haven't gotten this game yet, get it now, you have no idea what you are missing out on.

It beat out Bioshock Infinite and Dead Island:Riptide, who each held the number one spots for three weeks, while Tomb Raider, held it for two.

Week one:

1.The Last of Us

2. Animal Crossing:New Leaf

3. Grid 2

4.Tomb Raider

5. Fifa 13

6. Injustice Gods among us

7. Far cry 3

8. Skyrim:legendary edition

9. Luigi's Mansion 2

10. Assasin's creed 3

Week two:

1. The Last of Us
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3. FIFA 13
4. Tomb Raider
5. Max Payne 3
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
7. Far Cry 3
8. Injustice: Gods Among Us
9. Assassin's Creed III
10. GRID 2

Week three:

1. The Last Of Us
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
4. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
5. FIFA 13
6.Deadpool(360)
7. Company Of Heroes 2
8. FIFA 13
9.Call Of Duty: Black Ops II
10. Deadpool(ps3)

Week 4:

1. The Last of Us
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
3. FIFA 13
4. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
5. Assassin's Creed III
6. Tomb Raider
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
8. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
9. Deadpool
10. Far Cry 3

Edited by drummerklg

Yawn. Maybe not overrated but hype gets old and there's already a bunch of other threads about how this game is the best thing in the history of things.

I'm quite happy with all the appreciation threads. It would have been incredibly easy to subscribe to the traditional formula of Uncharted and still have a game that sells. ND took a risk, made a genuinely mature, intelligent game (not just swearing, excessive violence and boobs that constitutes an 'adult' game nowadays) and deserve every bit of credit their getting.

More ruddy threads I say! 

• Like 1

FIFA 13 has 2 spots on week 3? :P

Anyways, this game deserves it, i don't have it but i want to buy it, i watched just a little bit of gameplay so i don't spoil anything to me, but i was really impressed with the game, i think the only game that can beat this game is none other than GTA 5

Yeah, one for ps3 and the other for 360, and I agree with you, as much as I hated GTA4, no way rockstar screws GTA5 up, it will be between them for game of the year.

This game has been getting a lot of attention lately, however whenever I'm talking about it with friends they always say the same thing. "Meh...it's alright..." :lol: Especially if they are referring to the MP.

MP isn't anything special. Its fun and the scarcity of materials makes it interesting, but gets repetitive. There's just not enough variety at the moment. 

SP is where it shines. Your mates might be underplaying it so as to avoid admitted it had them bawling their eyes out. Or maybe they were underwhelmed. Each to their own. Just make sure you have enough time to properly immerse yourself, a rushed ten minutes between work and pub won't cut it when it comes to exploring the environment and the characters.