The Max and The Impossible

Well, I don't know if using Solomon Grundy can be considered an exploit but after the patch it seems there is no more reliable exploits for this 2 battles...

Got Ultimate Battler on PS3 and PS4 versions! I hope getting all stars wont be more difficult than this =)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've attempted Impossible Battle on European copy of the game today and got it on the first attempt (also making it the third time for me completing this battle). Solomon Grundy IS very useful but just a heads up, don't forget using Down (hold), square + X combo. I've found it more reliable rather than Down (hold) triangle when starting the Chain combo (though uppercut is still useful but don't depend on that too much. Down (hold), square + X and then MB Swamp Hands + Chain combo way to go). I'll upload my run probably tomorrow but even if I can do this (I used to struggle on this game too much beforehand. Probably wined about it in the forums lol), you can also complete it. It's just matter of time and perseverance.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I've attempted Impossible Battle on European copy of the game today and got it on the first attempt (also making it the third time for me completing this battle). Solomon Grundy IS very useful but just a heads up, don't forget using Down (hold), square + X combo. I've found it more reliable rather than Down (hold) triangle when starting the Chain combo (though uppercut is still useful but don't depend on that too much. Down (hold), square + X and then MB Swamp Hands + Chain combo way to go). I'll upload my run probably tomorrow but even if I can do this (I used to struggle on this game too much beforehand. Probably wined about it in the forums lol), you can also complete it. It's just matter of time and perseverance.

What were the 2 others videos that youve done ? PS4 NA and PS Vita ? or PS3 ? 

1 hour ago, SteveCheraLouis said:

Was the PS Vita hard with the fucking controls ? I hate the PS Vita controls on games man. I cant even finish Black Ops Declassified cause of that... I know its off topic, but I really wanna do it but jesus. 

Tbh I didn't find Vita version that hard. It was somewhat more enjoyable comparing to PS4 imo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 7:32 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

Here is the run of Impossible Battle. I'm not the greatest player but still managed to clear so it's possible for anyone out there. Just time, practice and patience/perseverance

I have checked so many videos and threads looking for combo strategies for the Impossible Battle but yours was the one that finally worked for me. Your Down (hold), square -> X linked into MB Swamp Hands -> Chain combo strategy is absolute gold. Thank you!

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I have checked so many videos and threads looking for combo strategies for the Impossible Battle but yours was the one that finally worked for me. Your Down (hold), square -> X linked into MB Swamp Hands -> Chain combo strategy is absolute gold. Thank you!

I'm glad it worked out for you man, congrats on that plat!

• Like 2

I have the free version they gave past month so I cant delete the patch.

I only need Impossible to be done but I can pass the 15th figther ?

It's really Solomon de best option for impossible? In the guide says they up the difficult gradually but those mans are like in hard in fight 10

Edit: I just made it! Thanks god ? and yes Solomon Grundy was the one

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I have the free version they gave past month so I cant delete the patch.

I only need Impossible to be done but I can pass the 15th figther 1f62b.png

It's really Solomon de best option for impossible? In the guide says they up the difficult gradually but those mans are like in hard in fight 10

Edit: I just made it! Thanks god 1f62c.png and yes Solomon Grundy was the one

The PS4 version ? Because in the PS4 you can't delete the patch it is in the game forever... even on disc.. and congrats mate!!!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveCheraLouis said:

The PS4 version ? Because in the PS4 you can't delete the patch it is in the game forever... even on disc.. and congrats mate!!!!! 

Thanks buddy!

Yes when I noticed that I was like "Ahh well I have to doit the hard way". I feel I have pretty luck cause somehow the cpu low the difficult in the lastest fights but in the last one against Lex Luthor I almost cry he almost kill me man jaja.

Now going for the level 100 and hoarder trophy and done. My first fighting game only genre plat and of course my most ultra rare ?

PD: Whitout patch Solomon is the way to go for begginers like me. (If you master other character go with that cause I saw in youtube how easy would be if you can do nice combos with others).

Good luck all! 

Edited by NordicSaiyan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

Thanks buddy!

Yes when I noticed that I was like "Ahh well I have to doit at the hard way". I feel I have pretty luck cause somehow the cpu low the difficult in the lastest fights but in the last one against Lex Luthor I almost cry he almost kill me man jaja.

Now going for the level 100 and hoarder trophy and done. My first fighting game only genre plat and of course my most ultra rare ?

PD: Whitout patch Solomon is the way to go for begginers like me. (If you master other character go with that cause I saw in youtube how easy would be if you can do nice combos with others).

Good luck all! 

I just started it it's my third Injustice hopefully I wont kill myself doing it lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I beat these battles a few days ago with Grundy, I was really nervous on The Max because my last opponent was Deathstroke (lucky me, heh?), but if you're extra careful, you CAN counter him in between his shots with MB Swamp Hands and move in to do the 43% damage combo. Don't be afraid to take some block damage from his shots, AI Deathstroke doesn't spam the machine gun over and over (like some human players I met online). Instead, it tries to be flashy, alternating between the machine gun and the pistols.

As for Impossible, what helped me was reseting until I got a battle where Lex Luthor was among my first 10 opponents. Seriously, I HATE this dude. His shield, his charge move, everything. He's awful on STAR Labs, and awful here too. Had he replaced Deathstroke in my successful run of The Max, it wouldn't've been successful. So avoid him at all costs or try to take him out in the beginning if you have problems with him in particular like I do. That applies to any other fighter you might struggle with as well, I just wanted to roast Lex a little in this thread. xD

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I was able to beat “Impossible!” after one and a half days straight of trying and it did not count my completed run. An absolutely heartbreaking time for the game to glitch on me. I noticed about halfway through the Impossible! challenge that the game started freezing on the opponent ladder screen and wouldnt load the next stage until about a minute of wait time, but the battles were still playing out as normal, just longer wait on the ladder screen.

I was playing it on PS5 through backwards compatibility if that makes any difference. When I beat opponent #24 Black Adam with barely any life left, sadly the trophy did not pop and it gave me a score of zero for the run even though it said on the screen “Impossible! complete”. So just a warning to those of you out there, if the game starts freezing on the opponent ladder midway through the challenge, there’s a good chance it won’t record your progress afterwards.

Devastated, but if I can do it once I can do it again thanks to the tips in this comment section regarding Solomon Grundy. It’s just frustrating that a trophy this challenging can also glitch on you.

Edit: Just beat it again 2 tries later and got the trophy to pop. Screw you Injustice!

Edited by Deep_Space_5D

• 5 months later...
On 27/01/2020 at 8:32 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

Grundy is a lifesaver for those modes because of how absurd amount of damage his Defense Chain combo offers. For The Max, I would suggest as soon as match starts try doing square square triangle combo and assuming AI blocks the attacks, immediately press O to then start Defense Chain combo. If you have enough Meter Burn bars, then do MB Swamp Hands and get close to AI. If you're 1-2 dash away then do right + X, X, Defense Chain combo (grabbed by O, down down + O (you can spam down and press O right at Grundy hits AI to floor) and then up up + O (following down down + O part, Grundy will slam AI two more times. Spam up up and hit O at the last slam). Be patient and try baiting AI to come closer to you if you don't have enough MB bar. When AI gets close, uppercut (down + triangle) and either immediately grab with O or try hitting him with square square combo while AI is in airborne and then press O. Approaching Impossible is way different than The Max as AI will behave differently. You can do down + square, X combo and then MB Swamp Hands + Defense Chain combo. You can also start combos with an uppercut but I couldn't get it work most of the time so this way was more reliable for me. You have to avoid some enemies on The Max such as Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke (although he's managable, he's still a cheap character), The Flash, Batgirl and either try to avoid them, or make them in your first 8 fights in Impossible. The guide also suggests avoiding Martian Manhunter but I've faced him twice once on Opponent 24 in Impossible and Opponent 9 in The Max which he is not that troublesome as long as you rely on your down + square, X bait combo and the following ones. Hope this helps you out and good luck, patience is the key.

Tysm! Square Square Triangle Circle was a great way to start (except when playing against Batman xD). I also did uppercut Circle whenever I could, but it was a bit tricky to land; if the uppercut sends your opponent flying high (like, if they were in the air to begin with), you should wait a bit until they fall closer to Grundy's level, and press Circle. Other times (when your opponent is on the ground) you should press Circle immediately after the uppercut, and just like user ArcaneGabriel said, even if they block your uppercut, the grab will always work.

I finally completed The Max after countless retries over the course of 2 nights and 1 morning lol. My main Solomon Grundy combo was the one from the guide: Down Left Triangle R2, (dash if needed),  Left+Cross,  Up + Triangle(in the air), quickly followed by Square Square Circle, (small pause)  Down Down Circle, then once you see the opponent is above Grundy's head, input Up Up Circle (doesn't have to be super fast, and no need to spam anything). Joker was my penultimate, and Batman was my last fight. I also remember fighting Superman, Green Arrow, Aquaman (he's tricky yes, try to use interactables, and time your MB Swamp Hands - here's a good tip from another forum: "Aquaman - if he catches you with that move where he's furiously stabbing you with his trident, you can sometimes actually back out of it and while he's still there stabbing the air like a maniac you can hit him with the swamp hands." https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/220642-the-max-battle-and-how-to-beat-it/).

I learned to always avoid fighting Green Lantern, Deathstroke, Doomsday, and also Batgirl (she rarely appears in the roster anyways). The Flash and Lex Luthor weren't impossible for me to beat. For Lex, you can try doing regular Swamp Hands to remove his shield, then follow with MB Swamp Hands to trap him. Down + square X also sounds like a good way to make an opening to trap him. For Flash, try to stop him from using his character power; uppercut and trap to create openings for the Pain Chain. Bane, Black Adam, Ares, Zod, Grundy, Lobo, Harley, Catwoman, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Wonderwoman, Shazam, Raven, Superman, Cyborg, Nightwing... these opponents are on the easier side, but you always gotta stay on your toes! Harley, Catwoman and Zatanna can sometimes start the match with long combos, but eventually you should be able to retaliate. Hawkgirl likes to spam her Mace while flying... Superman loves to jump, and my girl Raven can also put up a fight and destroy players that aren't used to Grundy.

One more thing, I had a video playing on my laptop in the background, which might've actually been helpful for the first 8 opponents, since I wasn't super focused on Injustice and wasn't stressing out or panicking. For the last 2 opponents I closed my laptop and focused a bit more, and luckily I managed to destroy Joker and Batman :D. Remember, interactables are your friend; having a good grasp of interactables and level transitions is a major advantage. So yeah, hope I'm ready for Impossible now xD

Edited by uncharted965

Lmao fuck this game! I completed Impossible with Red Son Grundy ? but the trophy didn't pop. Perhaps the problem is the sign-out error I often get on PS3? I guess it doesn't register some of my scores (e.g. on The Max...), even though my scores appear on the leaderboards. Just when you think you're done ?

Notes: uppercut + Circle only works when you're super close to your opponent, so make sure to dash. If you push your opponent into a corner, you can keep spamming this.
Square Square Triangle is still a great way to start every match; in Impossible it's most likely your opponent WON'T block, so instead of pressing Circle, follow up with a quick MB Swamp Hands. Sometimes your opponent will start by jumping and doing an air attack, which sucks, but it doesn't happen too often. When playing against Batman you can simply spam Triangle at the start of the match and hope that you get First Hit in Impossible.
Don't be afraid to use your Super Move a couple times or more, since I'm pretty sure that your Super meter carries over to the next match.

Edit 2: actually, I take that back; Super Move is a bad idea. Using SM once, twice or maybe even thrice, early on against easier opponents (like I did), probably won't mess up your run, but there's no good reason to risk it, as there are better ways to gain health in Impossible mode.

Good luck everyone! Now let me see WTF can I do to get my trophy to pop. Edit 1: WOW the guide says "if you've been completing the modes in order, the trophy will unlock", how very stupid, hopefully I won't have to do this all over again iN oRdEr.

Edited by uncharted965
edit 2 is a warning/caveat

11 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Huh? What? No, good lord, DO NOT use the supermove. The point of the strategy is to build up enough meter to  use db2mb in order to do an (almost) unblockable move, so that you can then  combo the enemy.

You’d sacrifice 4 meters for a damage output comparable to the one done with a single meter burn combo.

Sorry but no, I think you haven't read everything I wrote. I agree about NEVER using the Super Move on The Max, however, on Impossible it's fine to use it in order to regain 10% health. I just checked: the Super meter definitely carries over from match to match (on Impossible), and anyways, the AI works differently so you can easily do uppercut + Circle followed by the devastating Pain Chain combo, no Super meter required :D

My first reply on this thread is all about how I beat The Max, and my second reply is mostly about Impossible.

23 minutes ago, uncharted965 said:

Sorry but no, I think you haven't read everything I wrote. I agree about NEVER using the Super Move on The Max, however, on Impossible it's fine to use it in order to regain 10% health. I just checked: the Super meter definitely carries over from match to match (on Impossible), and anyways, the AI works differently so you can easily do uppercut + Circle followed by the devastating Pain Chain combo, no Super meter required :D

My first reply on this thread is all about how I beat The Max, and my second reply is mostly about Impossible.

I read that perfectly, it’s your assumption that it can be used on the  Impossible (and the Max too, while I’m at it) that it’s wrong. The AI being dumber compared to the Max doesn’t translate   to an easier  time, for example, 1124 only works if the opponent guards the first three hits, and that is not a guarantee on the Impossible, even at the end when the difficulty ramps up, pressing 4 as if it was some kind of muscle memory puts you at a disadvantage, due to the weak recovery frames. Using supermoves, you’re creating worthless risks just for a 10% health you can get by either throwing the enemy in another portion of an arena, winning a wage (when you have  more meter and click square only at the very end, they tend to not wage a single meter bar, of course, not applicable if you use the entire meter for the super), using an interactable, which are always good, regardless of difficulty, or doing  a combo 20% or higher, you’ll average 45-55% health gain a match, which makes the 10% from the supermove not  worth it, especially considering that characters actually have 200% health, not 100%, ultimately, after the supermove, you’ll be  in a continuous coinflip game until you get enough meter to again do the combo, and outright fucked, if your opponent is Batgirl, or Superman/Aquaman after the patch/ps4.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

1 hour ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I read that perfectly, it’s your assumption that it can be used on the  Impossible (and the Max too, while I’m at it) that it’s wrong. The AI being dumber compared to the Max doesn’t translate   to an easier  time, for example, 1124 only works if the opponent guards the first three hits, and that is not a guarantee on the Impossible, even at the end when the difficulty ramps up, pressing 4 as if it was some kind of muscle memory puts you at a disadvantage, due to the weak recovery frames. Using supermoves, you’re creating worthless risks just for a 10% health you can get by either throwing the enemy in another portion of an arena, winning a wage (when you have  more meter and click square only at the very end, they tend to not wage a single meter bar, of course, not applicable if you use the entire meter for the super), using an interactable, which are always good, regardless of difficulty, or doing  a combo 20% or higher, you’ll average 45-55% health gain a match, which makes the 10% from the supermove not  worth it, especially considering that characters actually have 200% health, not 100%, ultimately, after the supermove, you’ll be  in a continuous coinflip game until you get enough meter to again do the combo, and outright fucked, if your opponent is Batgirl, or Superman/Aquaman after the patch/ps4.

With all due respect, you're going off on me for no reason. It's not an "assumption"; I completed the Impossible no problem while also using my Super Move twice IIRC, and taking advantage of the uppercut into Pain Chain combo which requires 0 Super meter. I'm also a bit confused by your use of numbers instead of symbols. Is 1124 the same as square square triangle X? I never said anything about a combo like that, just Square Square Triangle Circle which I assume is 1123. As I said, my first reply is all about The Max, where 1123 works perfectly cause the AI pretty much always blocks 112, unless they're Batman (who counters with a special move I think). In my second reply (about Impossible), I wrote that "Square Square Triangle is still a great way to start every match; in Impossible it's most likely your opponent WON'T block, so instead of pressing Circle, follow up with a quick MB Swamp Hands." Yes, using an interactive object is always a good idea, every single match in any game mode. Yes, landing a level transition is a good way to get 10% health, I agree. The 20% combo or higher is a given and is necessary when playing as Grundy. And ofc winning the match grants you 25% health anyways...

What I'm saying is, in my personal experience, I had no trouble beating Impossible (with a favorable set of opponents ofc). I'm pretty sure that I beat Impossible with over 100% health, maybe 130% or something. I was playing against Zod in the Fortress of Solitude. I had no issue using my super move twice and uppercutting away at my enemies (dumber AI makes it easier to uppercut into combo). I was never in a "continuous coinflip game" of whether I had enough meter or not, since I clearly wrote that using the uppercut allowed me to Pain Chain without relying on Super meter. This would quickly replenish my Super meter anyways. So yeah, you completely glossed over the fact that there's other ways to initiate the combo, besides MB Swamp Hands ("
db2mb"). Have a nice day and please spare me a bit lol, I still haven't gotten my trophy to pop so I do not appreciate your unhelpful replies xD

Edit: Hooray! I replayed Classic battle twice, and Heroes Only once, and I got my trophy to pop<3

Edited by uncharted965

On 04/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, uncharted965 said:

With all due respect, you're going off on me for no reason. It's not an "assumption"; I completed the Impossible no problem while also using my Super Move twice IIRC, and taking advantage of the uppercut into Pain Chain combo which requires 0 Super meter. I'm also a bit confused by your use of numbers instead of symbols. Is 1124 the same as square square triangle X? I never said anything about a combo like that, just Square Square Triangle Circle which I assume is 1123. As I said, my first reply is all about The Max, where 1123 works perfectly cause the AI pretty much always blocks 112, unless they're Batman (who counters with a special move I think). In my second reply (about Impossible), I wrote that "Square Square Triangle is still a great way to start every match; in Impossible it's most likely your opponent WON'T block, so instead of pressing Circle, follow up with a quick MB Swamp Hands." Yes, using an interactive object is always a good idea, every single match in any game mode. Yes, landing a level transition is a good way to get 10% health, I agree. The 20% combo or higher is a given and is necessary when playing as Grundy. And ofc winning the match grants you 25% health anyways...

What I'm saying is, in my personal experience, I had no trouble beating Impossible (with a favorable set of opponents ofc). I'm pretty sure that I beat Impossible with over 100% health, maybe 130% or something. I was playing against Zod in the Fortress of Solitude. I had no issue using my super move twice and uppercutting away at my enemies (dumber AI makes it easier to uppercut into combo). I was never in a "continuous coinflip game" of whether I had enough meter or not, since I clearly wrote that using the uppercut allowed me to Pain Chain without relying on Super meter. This would quickly replenish my Super meter anyways. So yeah, you completely glossed over the fact that there's other ways to initiate the combo, besides MB Swamp Hands ("
db2mb"). Have a nice day and please spare me a bit lol, I still haven't gotten my trophy to pop so I do not appreciate your unhelpful replies xD

Edit: Hooray! I replayed Classic battle twice, and Heroes Only once, and I got my trophy to pop<3

Stupid notifications going on randomly, alright, let’s do this.

I’m not sure why you’re trying to flex, yes, you completed the Battle mode on ps3, while I got the platinum  on 3 Injustices, 2 of them  being on ps4, (1 of them being with my main, Batman, which has no special strategy like Gundy, so,  i’m happy for you, but just because you got lucky, doesn’t mean others that will look for help will too) which is harder due to the AI being tweaked, and additional characters you cannot remove,  I’m telling you this, just to show, I’m not talking out of my ass regarding the thing. To hell with buying a vita.  Now hopefully we get the personal flex out of the way.

I was also not posting  to help you, you already finished after all, didn’t  you? Unless you’re planning on doing it on other systems, then yeah, you can definitely use what I said to make it quicker than, what was it? 2 nights? 2 or 3 if unlucky hours to get both max and impossible out of the way, I’d say, but honestly  it would pretty much be an hollow effort due to your lack of humility,  I mean, let’s be frank here, you assume I don’t read your post, rather than your fresh out of the oven strategy is fallacious, that’s delusional, and to top it all off, you don’t even know FG’s terminologies, no, “sorry” for being unhelpful, but it was for  other people struggling following your  method and I’m not even sure why you post in quotations  regarding  db2mb, that’s just the terminology adopted by NRS competitive side, my post were to dissuade others doing your erroneous advice regarding the supermove, people that perhaps are doing another version (like a ps4 version, where you’re currently posting in one of the forums), or just people  struggling regardless of version, kinda like you on this very  thread, before turning around and  say that it was easy for you, with  no problem, in the very page that has you say fuck this game for the exasperation  it brought you.

Uppercut (actually d2, uppercut doesn’t exist in this game, rather, it’s a launcher, uppercut is more in line with MK, where it’s more of a combo finisher, or surprise jab), has poor recovery frames, and basically requires the opponent to come closer, aka, problems with zoners, or dashers like lex, which the AI loves to spam bf2, I mean, you said you learned to avoid  fighting Deathstroke in the Max, ok, but can you avoid it in Impossible as your opponent number 24, when the difficulty is bumped up? No, it’s a death sentence using your super move then. Batgirl is also DLC, not sure why you say she’s rare, her probability are like the others, and you can remove her from the equation altogether in the ps3.

Point is, 1124, and d24, aren’t your main move, they’re a crutch, so to speak, in order for you to build up meter to do the pain combo, they’re not as reliable as the main move, the swamp hands, using the supermove is counterproductive to the strategy, and gimps you for wasting 4 bars instead of 1, for a similar damage output, and while I’m at it, it’s not as easy as db2mb to bait the opponent into taking the throw that leads to the supermove.

3 is x (high) circle is special/power (4), so it would be 1124 1 being low [not to be confused with down (d)] or square, 2 medium and triangle,  and, just as you said, it’s a risk you’re putting yourself, since you don’t know if  the opponent will guard or not, and db2mb, can only be done if you still  have meter, so again, avoiding using the super move.

As for “sparing you”, my initial post wasn’t confrontational, yet you had  to push the matter, saying I didn’t read your post, then offering no concrete explanation on why you’d avoid the  coinflips you create, and of the utility on using the super move, this is also avoiding the problem you’d create against zoners, especially Deathstroke, Superman, Zod and partially Martian, you’ll take lots of damage, much more  than the super combo, which doesn’t help, since it’s 24 rounds, and one healthbar, impossible also has it that the difficulty gradually scales up to Hard, not even mentioning the Max, as it’s harder and there’s no health gain for performing the supermove, but at  least you can see the entire enemy roster at the start there.

You did the supermove 2 times at an unspecified round versus Zod, early on, I’m guessing, congrats, what did you get out of this? 10% health when you cleared at 130%.  Staying   down pressing d24 the whole time hoping  he rushes at you rather than zone you, and around the same damage you get with a single bar, that’s a pointless risk, the  reason why you felt there was no coinflip is because  Lady Entropy blessed that run, the truth of the matter, is that by giving up the meter bar, you’re forced to be reactive during the match, hoping the AI does something stupid, that you were lucky does not mean that you do not lose tools to keep the pressure on and dictate the fight at your own pace by  sacrificing the meter bar, bringing you in a situation where you’re subservient to the AI’s whims.

By the way, something I forgot before, you can use the swamp hand, and then just use 3 (one time only) then 4 and start the combo, the damage output isn’t  that different, like transforming a 3hko to a 4hko, you’re looking at 41% damage  and this way, you don’t have to worry about spacing, combos have sort of a soft cap for damage or building up meter, and b3 has very slow start up  frames, which can be troublesome if you  used the hands from far away, as the opponent will dash away so don’t stress too much  on doing that exact combo forever, this is about minimising risks, rather than looking cool.