Faster as the Police allows

spainracer

Hey Guys,

This morning I drove into a speed camera out of town and was flashed at about 20km / h too much.

So what I wanted to know from you now, if it had flashed in your country, how much would I have to pay?

In Switzerland, where I live it will cost me 240CHF (241.54 $).

In 2018 it was 543USD, probably more now, though that's up to 20km/h too fast, if it was above, then 740USD. I don't feel sorry for you, and you shouldn't be driving too fast, because you're a risk for everyone else too.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

In Italy you would get between 169€ and 680€, depending on the actual speed limit and on the time of your infraction (the fine is higher if you are caught speeding between 10 pm and 7 am), and you would lose 3 points from your driving license (you start with 20 points when you get your license and you earn 2 points every 2 years if you do not commit any violation of the road rules up to a maximum possible of 30 points. If you drop to 0 points your license gets suspended and you have to repeat the driving exams from scratch).

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
  • Like 1

Most of the radars here (in my state) don’t ticket. However, 20 km/h over the limit (12 mph) would be three points on your license. Your license is suspended at 12 points. Your initial fine is determined by police district, but would be around the low $100 point. Then your auto insurance (we have the highest cost in the states) would increase by probably $50-100 a month for the next 3-4 years.

• Like 1

7€ for a 20 km/h, never knew what for 40, but for more that that instant suspension.

It's quite cheap in compare to other posters, but in Russland do not have here any roads, witch overall limits over 120km/h, and even those roads with highest limits are very short highway parts, usually combined with constant zones of 60 speed limit and terrible asphalt.

Edited by Bloodytears1666
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Depends on how much the road was allowed to. 20 extra on a 30 limit would mean end of driver's licence. 20 extra on a 80 road means just a "small" fine. What was the limit?

80kmh

9 hours ago, MMDE said:

In 2018 it was 543USD, probably more now, though that's up to 20km/h too fast, if it was above, then 740USD. I don't feel sorry for you, and you shouldn't be driving too fast, because you're a risk for everyone else too.

You should not be sorry with me :P 

The Reason why I was so much to fast, that I hit my Throttle a little bit to much. The Problem with motorcyles.

And Yeah I know that's my fault.

Edited by spainracer

In New Zealand its $120 for 16-20kph over, $170 for 21-25kph over and $230 for 26-30kph over. There is a disclaimer on the police website that says 

The information on this page is a general guide only. It is not the source of the law and should not be used in place of authoritative legal documents. In addition to a fine, you will also incur demerit points.

but even so those are some pretty pathetic fines given that a head on crash at 70kph (20kph over the 50kph limit in cities) is going to make one hell of a mess. Although I’m guessing if you got pulled over by a cop for speeding as opposed to a speed camera you wouldn’t get off so lightly.

• Like 1

Well, you had it coming. Just be thankful you didn't get pulled over by the police for going 20 Km/h over (about 12.4 mph)... you'd probably have gotten an even worse fine, or maybe even arrested. Once you're at 10 Km/h (6.2 mph) or more above the speed limit, that is a bit much. I'm sure you've learned a lesson.