Star Trek The Next Generation Continues!

B1rvine

This is amazing news! Looks like the working title is "Star Trek : Picard" Apparently the majority of cast in TNG and other Trek icons like Jeri Ryan will be part of the show.

Edit: Looks like the original YT link was removed for copyright reasons by CBS. Here's the actual link from their website. 

https://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-picard/video/

Edited by B1rvine

Before everyone gets over excited about this news, please watch the following videos and learn why every Start Trek film and TV show has sucked since Bad Robot took over the license in the mid-2000s:

Here's some misc info on various other ST related subjects: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPowVAXtN3lURaypzGfAEg8GGgEZbekHC

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Before everyone gets over excited about this news, please watch the following videos and learn why every Start Trek film and TV show has sucked since Bad Robot took over the license in the mid-2000s:

It's not because Bad Robot took over...it's because Roddenberry died and others have taken over his brain child and mutilated it to fit into today's agenda-driven garbage.... 

Related image

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

HuntingFever  what is not to like in the star trek movies and series

The only thing I didn't like is the time period which Star Trek Discovery is playing because it is before Star Trek TOS and that was a huge mistake, main reason TECHNOLOGY

Edited by TurboSpock

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I had a hard time getting into Trek past TOS but I certainly feel for the fans since after DS9 it was like they just didn't know what to do anymore. I know the TNG movies (especially Nemesis) weren't well received because they tried to be gritty action movies for some reason but even I don't like how Abrams basically paved the way to change Star Trek into a loud and flashy space action thing that basically turned Trek into something it wasn't.

I look forward to these frauds re:View of it at least.

Well I had to switch on VPN (San José says hi!) to watch that video, stupid geo limitations. Anyway, I am a little bit excited ? I am a HUGE Star Trek fan, although my definition of Star Trek is pre-Abrams. I have watched every TNG episode dozens of times, I love love love DS9, I really like Voyager. I have grown to appreciate TOS & VOY, even ENT. The movies obviously, up to Nemesis. I own everything on blu ray (and cherish them) but I wish to God someone would remaster DS9 & VOY for a blu ray release! Come on damnit, I'll pay you! Get it done!

The 'new' Star Trek movies are not my cup of tea. They are okay, but they are not really Star Trek. I consider Discovery good entertainment, but I am not quite ready to fully embrace it as Star Trek. I am warming to it though. Second season was really good. Likewise, this Picard show... I don't know if it is a good idea to do that. Nostalgia, basically? I am going to watch it, but I am wary.

I AM however VERY much looking forward to getting my copy of What We Left Behind, which should drop in my mailbox next month ? (I'm in the credits woohoo!)

This video should play worldwide I think?

Picard, Data & Seven of Nine? I had tears in my eyes. This will either be great or end up in tears. I'll probably end up in tears either way, as Star Trek was so important to me growing up. And still is. Not ashamed to admit it.

1 hour ago, TurboSpock said:

I know. The film needs to be upgraded and all the fx needs to be redone from scratch. But while this is a huge hurdle, it is not impossible. It just takes an enormous amount of work (and money). They think it won’t be profitable. I certainly believe though that if they would actually come up with a plan and a budget, trekkies such as myself would easily come up with the money through crowd funding. What We Left Behind proves it to a lesser degree. I hope it will create traction.