Base game and DLC question

Hi, 

I have started playing The Binding of Issac this week and I'm already hooked up, it's such a fantastic game. Generally I struggle with the ideal of roguelike, but this game seems to be an exception for me. Had it for ages in my library, downloaded it when it was free as a part of PSPLUS subscription and never really installed it which is a shame, because I instantly fell in love with it after I played it for the first time this week. 

I have a question regarding the DLC and the DLC trophies. So as far as I'm aware two DLC packs are out right? Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. Now - do I need to buy both of them to be able to earn the trophies and enjoy the new content or is Afterbirth+ just an updated version of Afterbirth and only the purchase of the latter is required? 

Hope this makes sense guys! Thanks for help. 

J

37 minutes ago, jackhnatejko said:

Hi, 

I have started playing The Binding of Issac this week and I'm already hooked up, it's such a fantastic game. Generally I struggle with the ideal of roguelike, but this game seems to be an exception for me. Had it for ages in my library, downloaded it when it was free as a part of PSPLUS subscription and never really installed it which is a shame, because I instantly fell in love with it after I played it for the first time this week. 

I have a question regarding the DLC and the DLC trophies. So as far as I'm aware two DLC packs are out right? Afterbirth and Afterbirth+. Now - do I need to buy both of them to be able to earn the trophies and enjoy the new content or is Afterbirth+ just an updated version of Afterbirth and only the purchase of the latter is required? 

Hope this makes sense guys! Thanks for help. 

J

Do note, one of the DLCs is PS4-only, so if you're playing on Vita, you'd be out of luck on that. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Do note, one of the DLCs is PS4-only, so if you're playing on Vita, you'd be out of luck on that. 

unfortunately both DLCs are PS4 only, so you can only play the base game on vita.

To OPs question - Yes, you need to purchase both DLCs to be able to earn all the trophies and enjoy all the content the game has to offer, as of to date.

Edited by PreLoki
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, visighost said:

I was about to get it on Vita, glad I saw this. Does anyone know if there are plans to port the DLC to the Vita eventually?

Also, are there plans to offer a "deluxe" version including all DLC on PS4? There's one on Steam...

IIRC a year or so ago they were trying to get the dlc to run on vita but gave up on it so i wouldn't get your hopes up

• Like 3

1 hour ago, visighost said:

I was about to get it on Vita, glad I saw this. Does anyone know if there are plans to port the DLC to the Vita eventually?

Also, are there plans to offer a "deluxe" version including all DLC on PS4? There's one on Steam...

There is a physical version, which contains the base game with all the DLCs ( AB and AB+ ) 

There's also an upcoming (supposedly) final DLC called "Repentance". Don't know if they will port it on ps4 though.  

Edited by PreLoki
  • Like 2