Exceeded maximum number parent script variables,

Has anyone encountered this in Advanced Warfare. It seems to be a known bug. It is frustrating because me and a friend has tried for the Flip Flop trophy for me on a couple occasions and both times we were within 10 rounds of finishing and the screen went black and this come up on the screen and booted us from the game.

Edited by snakebit10

41 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Has anyone encountered this in Advanced Warfare. It seems to be a known bug. It is frustrating because me and a friend has tried for the Flip Flop trophy for me on a couple occasions and bith times we were within 10 rounds of finishing and the screen went black and this come up on the screen and booted us from the game.

Ps3 or ps4 ?

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Happened to us on the 50th round!!! 1f621.png I got this same message. I'm so angry I don't even know if i can do it again.

The servers are awful for this game. I've never had this issue with any other COD game or online MP.

Oh, you got further than me. I would not be happy at all. I am upset already that I have had it happen 4 or 5 times to me when playing. I have put it on the back burner for now.

On 1/2/2020 at 1:28 AM, snakebit10 said:

Oh, you got further than me. I would not be happy at all. I am upset already that I have had it happen 4 or 5 times to me when playing. I have put it on the back burner for now.

Aaaaaand I'm done with this game. Got to round 43 with someone else as host this time and they got the same error message. 

Absolutely unacceptable from Activision and Sledgehammer games.

I've tried it solo, it's really easy, but I quit at round 23 because I was getting a headache lol. Without each other's mechs suits to rely on, solo is just long and boring, really not worth it IMO.

Unless you can pause in solo? That's the only way I'd be willing to do it.  Spending 3 hours on this mess of a mode without a pause button isn't worth my time.

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Aaaaaand I'm done with this game. Got to round 43 with someone else as host this time and they got the same error message. 

Absolutely unacceptable from Activision and Sledgehammer games.

I've tried it solo, it's really easy, but I quit at round 23 because I was getting a headache lol. Without each other's mechs suits to rely on, solo is just long and boring, really not worth it IMO.

Unless you can pause in solo? That's the only way I'd be willing to do it.  Spending 3 hours on this mess of a mode without a pause button isn't worth my time.

You can pause in solo. I did it solo and it's not that bad

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can pause in solo. I did it solo and it's not that bad

Pause, as in press option button and stop the enemies from attacking you while you have a bathroom break? No, you can't.

If it's the drone/warbird trick you're talking about then I'm not bothering with that. If I take a one hour break there's no guarantee that something won't go wrong while I'm gone and I'm pretty sure the mode kicks you for being idle too long anyway.

Additionally, I've done further research. Apparently it happens in solo as well and is somehow linked to having too many "perks" active at once although it's unclear what is meant by "perks". 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/310211-exceeded-maximum-number-parent-script-variables-ps3-flip-flop-trophy.html

38 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Pause, as in press option button and stop the enemies from attacking you while you have a bathroom break? No, you can't.

If it's the drone/warbird trick you're talking about then I'm not bothering with that. If I take a one hour break there's no guarantee that something won't go wrong while I'm gone and I'm pretty sure the mode kicks you for being idle too long anyway.

Additionally, I've done further research. Apparently it happens in solo as well and is somehow linked to having too many "perks" active at once although it's unclear what is meant by "perks". 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/310211-exceeded-maximum-number-parent-script-variables-ps3-flip-flop-trophy.html

Perks are the perks you get from supply drops, like blast shield, quick reload, etc.

I did this is early 2017 and had every possible perk and it never crashed so it's possible a patch since then is the problem

3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

We tried with getting less of the perks and it still happened to us. So It may have to be that you get no perks at all and see if it works. Only other option is to try solo offline. I have a friend who got it solo off line.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

Only other option is to try solo offline. I have a friend who got it solo off line.

That may have just been luck. Apparently it happens solo offline as well, and again, without a pause button it's not worth risking my health just to get this trophy. I have a low tolerance for bugged trophies (and buggy games in general) and believe it's solely on the developer to get that fixed rather than for paying consumers to have to  find ridiculous workarounds. At this stage it's not going to get fixed now so I'm moving on to other games.

• 2 months later...

These trophies are easier playing offline with an unpatched version of the game anyway. They added a few different challenge waves that made the mode a lot harder some few months after launch. Made it to Wave 50 with 1 other person no problem first try without error, and then after the patch barely made into the 40's because of the difficulty. If you're having difficulties with the mode, and especially if this game breaking bug is occurring now when it didn't before, then I would uninstall the patches and play on a v1.00 game, solo offline.

4 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

These trophies are easier playing offline with an unpatched version of the game anyway. They added a few different challenge waves that made the mode a lot harder some few months after launch. Made it to Wave 50 with 1 other person no problem first try without error, and then after the patch barely made into the 40's because of the difficulty. If you're having difficulties with the mode, and especially if this game breaking bug is occurring now when it didn't before, then I would uninstall the patches and play on a v1.00 game, solo offline.

I have the digital version and I'm not going through the trouble of trying to get a digital version to 1.00. If I ever find a cheap used copy I may get it and try.

• 5 weeks later...
On 21.03.2020 at 10:31 PM, snakebit10 said:

I have the digital version and I'm not going through the trouble of trying to get a digital version to 1.00. If I ever find a cheap used copy I may get it and try.

Haven't tested this out since I completed the game long time ago but you might give a shot at this: 

It's safe to attempt this trophy on solo. I never encountered any black screen/crashes but made to 49(2) and 50(2) with randoms once but AI was super aggressive. If you don't want to remove any patches, then The Solar map is the way to go imo.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 1:09 PM, snakebit10 said:

We tried with getting less of the perks and it still happened to us. So It may have to be that you get no perks at all and see if it works. Only other option is to try solo offline. I have a friend who got it solo off line.

Just an update for anybody still encountering this ridiculous bug: the amount of perks you have does, indeed, seem to be the route cause. The game just can't handle when you're all geared up for some reason. Managed to get the trophy today with another player and only picked up one supply drop and stopped there. Supply drops were all over the place but I left that for my co op partner to take and avoided completely. I also didn't upgrade anything else other than weapon and armour proficiency. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Just an update for anybody still encountering this ridiculous bug: the amount of perks you have does, indeed, seem to be the route cause. The game just can't handle when you're all geared up for some reason. Managed to get the trophy today with another player and only picked up one supply drop and stopped there. Supply drops were all over the place but I left that for my co op partner to take and avoided completely. I also didn't upgrade anything else other than weapon and armour proficiency. Hope that helps.

Congratulations. That sounds encouraging.

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2020 at 6:17 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I know, old thread but I want to put what I did and it worked. I only got one perk, the infinite sprint. I fully upgraded weapon and armor and the one in the same category with them. I also had the goliath fully upgraded. Had no problems this time.

Hopefully this thread will still be of help for anyone who may run into this problem in the future.

• Like 1