Let's Play Yakuza/Like a Dragon

11 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I hear 6 is much shorter and easier to plat in comparison, which is a big disappointing given how much satisfaction I have going for the plats.

Even if it is easier, it is a pretty good game ;) and if you play judgement first, you can give Feedback after the plat since Yakuza 6 has also puyo puyo as mini game which is for the most players a platinum breaker in jugement ;) but i wish you a good time with judgement, i liked it a lot!

• Like 2

I completed Ishin recently. Great game, albeit incredibly grindy and it would’ve greatly benefited by ditching the second completion list that added unnecessary padding on top of the insane modding grind in the dungeons. It tries to be just as long as 5 but without the huge content to back it up, so it ends up overstaying its welcome. I’ll get to 6 a bit later, but for now I’m working on the Japanese version of 0 since I’m going by release order. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 4:41 AM, bogaards1997 said:

Just got Yakuza 7. I'm going to reclaim the Majima's finest title soon.

Awesome!  Looking forward to adding you back in!

On 4/21/2021 at 1:16 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Just got the plat for Yakuza 5. What a game! Best in the series so far (followed by Zero). The story is brilliant, without any weak characters, and the side stories for each character really makes every part feel unique.

A relatively easy plat, although with some frustrating elements. In particular the coliseum with Shinada (it only actually took me 2 attempts to do the 100 battle, but about 6 to get through the bloody tag team).

The completion requirements were easier than previous titles, although extensive, and the ultimate matches much easier than any other I’ve played.

I hear 6 is much shorter and easier to plat in comparison, which is a big disappointing given how much satisfaction I have going for the plats.

Next up for me though is judgment. Picked it up physically for £15 at the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Awesome!  That one seemed like it would be fun from what I've heard of it but I've still got a ways to go.  And I would have thought given all the content it would be a longer plat but that's interesting that it was shorter.  Have fun with Judgment!  I started playing it and what I played of it was a lot of fun.  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

5fKuNk5.png

On 4/21/2021 at 1:40 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Why did I just see this?!

Would I qualify as majima's finest?  :hmm:

On 4/21/2021 at 2:23 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Awesome! :highfive: Guess I missed out on sharing my journey by just joining in like that but hey better late than never! Besides, we're always going to get demoted whenever a new Yakuza game gets released ;)

Welcome and awesome job getting into Majima's Finest!  Even if your journey is pretty much complete, still glad to have you here!  Have you considered importing Ishin?  And yes, that's kind of what happened when Like a Dragon released (we had four people in Majima's Finest but only Inuty has reclaimed their title so far).  Here are your tiles!

Spoiler

QL4pMoA.png2eGH3wM.png5VH9EbZ.pngoQVpgWm.pngoN5oVam.pngsFwUjeO.pngfM3lt7j.png6s9J82l.pngMR8AJ1x.pngzmn74ef.pngPEtJ3Ly.png

On 4/21/2021 at 5:58 PM, KantoRyu said:

I completed Ishin recently. Great game, albeit incredibly grindy and it would’ve greatly benefited by ditching the second completion list that added unnecessary padding on top of the insane modding grind in the dungeons. It tries to be just as long as 5 but without the huge content to back it up, so it ends up overstaying its welcome. I’ll get to 6 a bit later, but for now I’m working on the Japanese version of 0 since I’m going by release order. 

Awesome job with Ishin!  I love the setting of that (and Kenzan) and I really wish they would bring it over.  I played it for a little while but the language barrier made things difficult (I can read some Japanese but not nearly enough to make sense of things).  Great job though and good luck with 0!  Here's your tile!

Spoiler

t3Yxa6y.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Have you considered importing Ishin? 

First of all thanks for the tiles :)

I have thought about importing Ishin and reading a fan translation but I thought to myself I'd rather be patient for now and wait for a proper localization to make my experience seemless. Of course RGG studios haven't announced a localization but I've a feeling they might in the future given the current success of the Yakuza games in the west and also the recent success of ghost of Tsushima which the devs noted in an interview a while back!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

I have thought about importing Ishin and reading a fan translation but I thought to myself I'd rather be patient for now and wait for a proper localization to make my experience seemless.

I think there’s a slight chance it might get localized as you’re hoping, unlike Kenzan which is doomed forever (import that one). I say if you give it a good 2 years and nothing happens, then consider importing it at that point because their excuse was playing catch-up with the devs, which did happen at last.

In Kenzan’s case, it has no trophies and the entire story word for word has a complete English walkthrough on YT so you can enjoy the story without worrying about completion or not understanding something. As for Ishin, as I said earlier in this thread the game is really grindy for materials and whatnot, so doing everything in moonrunes is quite cumbersome haha. I’d understand why you’d wait.

• Like 2

@TomoTakino

hey, quick note that you might want to add Judgment PS5 edition as a seperate game here. They have removed the pinball machine (replacing it and it’s completion requirements with Outrun) and, more significantly perhaps, replaced PuyoPuyo with VF2 (which was a big hurdle to the plat). Although I guess only 1 should be required for fiull completion.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

4 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

@TomoTakino

hey, quick note that you might want to add Judgment PS5 edition as a seperate game here. They have removed the pinball machine (replacing it and it’s completion requirements with Outrun) and, more significantly perhaps, replaced PuyoPuyo with VF2 (which was a big hurdle to the plat). Although I guess only 1 should be required for fiull completion.

Thanks for the heads up!  I was considering it, but I decided against doing different awards.  For example, Yakuza 3 PS4 has most of the cut content and different trophies than Yakuza 3 PS3 so that would need to be separate as well.  However, I will leave it up to you guys on whether you want to do something like that.  Would you guys like to do separate console lists (PS3, PS4, PS5) for every game, just the different games (like 3 and Judgment) or keep it the way it is right now (one plat per game)?

20 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Thanks for the heads up!  I was considering it, but I decided against doing different awards.  For example, Yakuza 3 PS4 has most of the cut content and different trophies than Yakuza 3 PS3 so that would need to be separate as well.  However, I will leave it up to you guys on whether you want to do something like that.  Would you guys like to do separate console lists (PS3, PS4, PS5) for every game, just the different games (like 3 and Judgment) or keep it the way it is right now (one plat per game)?

I’d like it split for games with different trophies in their lists, but concede others might not. For me it’s just more Yakuza to go for on the systems I have (I’ll likely get the Judgment PS5 plat after the PS4), but cool if not 

• Like 1

I had done I think over half the completion requirements before I realized I forgot to post in this thread mentioning I was playing Judgment ? So I held off on posting until I got the Platinum since by the time I realized it, I was well on my way. I go more into detail about it in my Platinum post ?

3 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

So, Puyo Puyo in Judgment, not that difficult it turns out. But Dural in FV5 is really pissing me off, lol. Not the stumbling block I was expecting, but guess I just need practice.

Vanessa, Sarah, and the sumo guy have a kick you can do that trivializes all the opponents including Dural. I at least did it as Vanessa for the completion and then did it as Sarah while waiting for food to respawn in the fridge for that trophy involving eating all of the meals that one girl makes for you. So just pick one of them and you can mash circle the whole way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I had done I think over half the completion requirements before I realized I forgot to post in this thread mentioning I was playing Judgment 1f62c.png So I held off on posting until I got the Platinum since by the time I realized it, I was well on my way. I go more into detail about it in my Platinum post 1f642.png

Vanessa, Sarah, and the sumo guy have a kick you can do that trivializes all the opponents including Dural. I at least did it as Vanessa for the completion and then did it as Sarah while waiting for food to respawn in the fridge for that trophy involving eating all of the meals that one girl makes for you. So just pick one of them and you can mash circle the whole way.

Great tip, thanks! To be honest I’m sure Dural is t hard (beat it in other VF games) it’s just that it took me so long to get through everyone else that the second time I lost to him I couldn’t be bothered any more and it annoyed me. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Great tip, thanks! To be honest I’m sure Dural is t hard (beat it in other VF games) it’s just that it took me so long to get through everyone else that the second time I lost to him I couldn’t be bothered any more and it annoyed me. 

I remember finding her difficult in I think it was VF2 for Kiwami 2 because you're slowed down for some reason but you don't have to beat her there. But yeah, I think the only thing Dural has in VF5 is she is really aggressive but that's about it. As Vanessa she only beat me for one round and as Sarah I got her both rounds without much issue. I've seen another video where you can bait her into attacking and then dodging out of the way followed by interrupting her combo by attacking her but just kicking her is the easiest way to do it ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I remember finding her difficult in I think it was VF2 for Kiwami 2 because you're slowed down for some reason but you don't have to beat her there. But yeah, I think the only thing Dural has in VF5 is she is really aggressive but that's about it. As Vanessa she only beat me for one round and as Sarah I got her both rounds without much issue. I've seen another video where you can bait her into attacking and then dodging out of the way followed by interrupting her combo by attacking her but just kicking her is the easiest way to do it 1f61b.png

Yeah, did it first time with your Vanessa tip thanks. Completed both arcades now. On to Mahjong.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, Redgrave said:

I had done I think over half the completion requirements before I realized I forgot to post in this thread mentioning I was playing Judgment 1f62c.png So I held off on posting until I got the Platinum since by the time I realized it, I was well on my way. I go more into detail about it in my Platinum post 1f642.png

Awesome job with the platinum!  Here is your tile!  You're so close to Majima's Finest!

Tg9shR2.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Awesome job with the platinum!  Here is your tile!  You're so close to Majima's Finest!

Tg9shR2.png

Thanks ? That would be nice but it depends on whether or not they want to remaster Dead Souls which doesn't seem likely unfortunately. Unless they sneak it in along with an Ishin remaster/Kenzan remake like they are rumored to be talking about doing anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

@PooPooBlast

Newest run for majima finest will be starting in 24th of September with the New Judgement game, cant wait for it :)

Best news I've woken up to this morning in a while!

tenor.gif

Only thing I'm unsure of is whether I should buy it right away on the ps4 or wait until I get a ps5 because man those visuals and 60 fps is a sight to behold! 

Who knows I might double dip? :hmm:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Who knows I might double dip? :hmm:

I’m double dipping! I’ll play it on PS4, and then replay it a year later on PS5 in 60 fps and earn another platinum while I’m at it. Just gotta continue my release order replay and get to 7, but I have plenty of time. Judge Eyes is incredible - definitely in my top 5 - and this sequel looks to be even better in all areas. It might be the best game yet and this is coming from someone who played almost all of them including Japanese spin offs lol.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KantoRyu said:

I’m double dipping! I’ll play it on PS4, and then replay it a year later on PS5 in 60 fps and earn another platinum while I’m at it. Just gotta continue my release order replay and get to 7, but I have plenty of time. Judge Eyes is incredible - definitely in my top 5 - and this sequel looks to be even better in all areas. It might be the best game yet and this is coming from someone who played almost all of them including Japanese spin offs lol.

Hope you like it! Only thing that might stop me from double dipping is just time.  Yakuza LAD took me 2 months and a few weeks to finish as I was busy. 

Agreed about judgment. I rank it up high alongside 0, 5 and kiwami 2 (I know those aren't as popular but I liked them). 

But yea man, we'll see. My plan for now is to wait and see if I can snatch a ps5 before release date. If yes, I'm buying it on the ps5 :)

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

I've been avoiding games that are cross-gen for the most part because I'd rather just wait and experience the superior version (I don't have a PS5 yet), but I'm going to make an exception for Lost Judgment. I'll be picking up the PS4 version on launch, and the plan is to play it right away (another thing I generally avoid doing). Not only because I think the game looks awesome and I'm super excited to play it, but also because it will mean I can stack the game later down the line. I mean I'm already going to double-dip with the likes of Y3, Y4, Y5, Y7, and the original Judgment, so I may as well add Lost Judgment to the list as well. ?

Next up for me though is Yakuza 7. I actually have a two week holiday coming up, so I'm going to start the game then and use the abundance of free time I'll have to really make a dent in it. By the time September rolls around, I should be itching to play another one of these games, so it'll be perfect. ?

• Like 2