Trophy thoughts?

I8albert

3 hours ago, ph0nix123 said:

This year they have increased the number of cards needed for G.O.A.T. up to 2900 this time (compared to 2500 last year). Might make that collector trophy even harder to get.

Ouch.  Perhaps they are planning to release a lot more cards this year so that it ends up being about the same.  Wishful thinking maybe.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, PFinchen said:

As somebody who typically focuses 95+% of their 2K energy in career mode, it’s fun to see so many career mode trophies, although I’m admittedly a bit sad that they haven’t brought back a hall of fame trophy. It adds a lot more play time to that specific mode if you’re playing exclusively for trophy reasons, and is far less hokey than hitting an OVR rating that unlocks a bike or something. That’s just my own personal bias though. 

Very happy to see a relaxed approach to online related trophies. I know GOAT collector will be a grind, but everything else seems quite doable. I only have 2 of the 2K platinums, and haven’t got one since 2K13, but maybe I can snatch this years. 

Mostly, I’m happy that they changed the list quite a bit. Seeing games like Madden trot out (mostly) the same trophy list for the better part of a decade gets really old. 

Heck yeah. Iove the NHL games, but at least 75% of those are repeats. Very frustrating.

'To Go' seems like the toughest trophy as i may start as a PG, and we don't get many rebounding opportunities unless we force them, lol. It's only September, so there's time to use multiple builds for that.

Edited by TheGoaler
Added a sentence
  • Like 2

I've seen online that the whole game was riddled with major bugs that makes it a really bad experience. Can anyone that currently plays the game (specifically MyTEAM), say whether the game plays a lot better yet? Not really a trophy related query, but am not going to purchase the game until or unless they address these big issues.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:14 PM, Cyvnyde said:

I've seen online that the whole game was riddled with major bugs that makes it a really bad experience. Can anyone that currently plays the game (specifically MyTEAM), say whether the game plays a lot better yet? Not really a trophy related query, but am not going to purchase the game until or unless they address these big issues.

From what I have played, I prefer the gameplay to 2K19.  Just feels smoother.  A couple of nitpicks where guys will hang out a few steps behind the 3 point line when I kick it out after driving (They should be right on the line),  But honestly, this has felt the crispest of any NBA game that I have played (been playing MyTeam almost exclusively.

The setup is much better too between evolution cards that benefit you from playing and rewards for triple threat actually feel worthwhile.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...