Defeating Omega Weapon

vinostar

At the beginning of battle cast Meltdown magic on Omega so he's def stat is 0, all attacks are 9999 if you STR stat is very high. Then use Aura magic on all party members to get more often Limit Breaks. Use Zell, Squall and Rinoa can sometimes use her Limit Break that gives invincibility effect on entire party for short period of time. Equip Death magic to Status def to guard against Lv5 Death and Death magic. Or you can use Selphie Limit Break The End to kill in one move.

Just now, vinostar said:

which card do i need?

i have defeated all CC freaks btw :)

im lacking damage i mostly play with GFs :/

Gilgamesh, looking online.

Also (and again I'm working from PS1), Holy War makes you invincible, but also blocks Aura. Make sure you cast it first. Hit him with a bunch of limit breaks, and then rinse and repeat after Holy War wears off.

Is it normal to run into an encounter like every two steps I take getting down to the Omega Weapon?

I even have the No-Encounter ability set on Zell and it’s not doing jack.  I’ve had numerous random battles with Ruby Dragons and Iron Giants and now my healing supplies are severely limited.

I don’t even know if I’ll even reach Omega Weapon at this rate...

Edit:  I may have misunderstood which enemy this discussion was for.  

Edit:  Yeah I did misunderstand.  Was thinking Ultima Weapon.  But yeah I was getting my ass handed to me.  Eventually beat it though!

Edited by MisterMystro

3 hours ago, MisterMystro said:

Is it normal to run into an encounter like every two steps I take getting down to the Omega Weapon?

I even have the No-Encounter ability set on Zell and it’s not doing jack.  I’ve had numerous random battles with Ruby Dragons and Iron Giants and now my healing supplies are severely limited.

I don’t even know if I’ll even reach Omega Weapon at this rate...

Edit:  I may have misunderstood which enemy this discussion was for.  

Edit:  Yeah I did misunderstand.  Was thinking Ultima Weapon.  But yeah I was getting my ass handed to me.  Eventually beat it though!

You may have used the hard way to get down to Ultima Weapon. If you have Zell at some stage tinker with the steam machine to open a door for you, you will get encounters even with No-encounters on. There is a way to allocate the steam without having Zell messing with the steam units and still get Ultima weapon.

If I remember correctly, your first 3 floors should be 2 units, then 1 unit and then 1 unit again. You will then see a console on your left where you can access a reserve steam room that will provide steam back to you which will grant you enough steam to go all the way down without encounters.

3 hours ago, MisterMystro said:

I hope you took your time with it, emptied all your characters for the 3 spells it has to offer, and drew max (100 IIRC) of each type for each character? :P Should be fairly easy boss to stay alive against, and then just kill with some limit breaks.

I cover all this in my Trophy Guide with the exception of Zell's limit as I never cared for him, so never play him unless the game forces me to do so, so I personally am not practiced with doing the technique but it would work so long as you prepare beforehand.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9066-final-fantasy-viii-trophy-guide#27-omega-destroyed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I cover all this in my Trophy Guide with the exception of Zell's limit as I never cared for him, so never play him unless the game forces me to do so, so I personally am not practiced with doing the technique but it would work so long as you prepare beforehand.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9066-final-fantasy-viii-trophy-guide#27-omega-destroyed

Thanks for making the guide @Matrim_Drasgen, I shall follow your tips to finally beat Omega Weapon!

50 minutes ago, MisterMystro said:

Thanks for making the guide @Matrim_Drasgen, I shall follow your tips to finally beat Omega Weapon!

No problem. Please let me know how it goes. There is no set way for beating Omega. A lot of people say use Zell and that limit loophole of his. I don't use Zell, so I am not proficient with the combo so I don't use him. As such, I can't say do exactly this to beat Omega. The fight has a lot to it with his moves, health, and defense. So I wanted to provide tips so you can use the party you like, know, are comfortable with, etc to take him down. If something doesn't make sense, or you see an addition/revision I need to make to the trophy, please let me know. Also, let me know if it worked exactly for you so I know I am at least on the right track.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I just cannot for the life of me beat this enemy...  I’ve been at it for the last few hours and just can’t seem to do it...

Edit:  And wouldn’t you know it, right after this comment I beat Omega Weapon finally!  Thankfully!

Edited by MisterMystro
I BEAT OMEGA WEAPON FINALLY