Lunastra and Deviljho

I'm curious about this as well but I assume that since they would no longer be considered DLC monsters within the expansion that they will be required. I'll certainly be focusing on the other crowns first but a confirmation of any monsters not required would be nice.

They're base game monsters in Iceborne, included in the disc and all so makes sense they're needed for trophies. The stuff that's coming later on like Rajang clearly won't be, since their aim is to keep the trophy requirements consistent between versions.

I was holding out hope I didn't need lunesta. Because I'm not a hugh fan of her fight.  I got both the crowns for deviljho before the event quest became available. But I still haven't gotten either crown for lunastra and I've slayed roughly 50. So the RNG is not on my side for her.

Kulve Taroth and Deviljho were needed for the base game max research level trophy if you didnt get it before the updates but dont count towards the crown trophies. I got my all crowns trophy after deviljho and i kill him once, but for research I had to spend time collecting the track for both of them (kulve has no crowns). So in my opinion you will need to max out the new monster but they crowns will not count. Im not sure if you had to max out Lunastra in MHW  because I got platinum before he arrives. 

I Really hope I dont need the Rajang gold crowns.

Edited by Demek97

• 4 weeks later...