Any tips or trophy guide?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

• 5 months later...

You can play a mission more than once on the same difficulty and still fill in a checkbox to unlock skills so you can play missions on easy multiple times for the easiest time beating all free missions. Also for 60 S ranks you can get an S rank on the same mission on Easy, Normal, Hard and that counts as 3 s ranks.

• Like 4

Just grind. Nothing is missable I don’t think. Homing guns and freezing skills are good. I’ve read that burn is best late game, but I’ve not got too far. Fun little game, but very grindy. Oh yeah, and once you have all the skills unlocked for a weapon type (happens through use), switch to another weapon type, otherwise you could extend the time needed to get all skills by quite a lot.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Just grind. Nothing is missable I don’t think. Homing guns and freezing skills are good. I’ve read that burn is best late game, but I’ve not got too far. Fun little game, but very grindy. Oh yeah, and once you have all the skills unlocked for a weapon type (happens through use), switch to another weapon type, otherwise you could extend the time needed to get all skills by quite a lot.

Burn really helps alot late game because some of the last areas are ice based enemies. But seriously people listen to him about switching weapon types. I only used sword for pretty much the whole game. Now I have to do 8000 broadsword, gun, and bow attacks a piece adding on probably about an extra 5 hours. For a time reference though I did all side missions and main missions in just under 20 hours playtime.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Holy shit this game is padded to hell. Having to complete the same mission four times to unlock all skills is ridiculous. Nothing is missable. I don't think this game needs a guide. If you have no available missions for an area, just keep completing other missions. Upgrade your weapons regularly, and remember that the weapon attack skills counter per button press, so you can't just hold down the fire button with a machine gun equipped and have it count toward 8000 attacks. Have some podcasts or something on to help distract from the grind.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, de_digibeet said:

Seeing as how the fastest people on psnp took more than 24 hours. I'd say more like 15-20 at least, if you're good, lucky and know exactly what to do.

Though 20-25 hours would probably be a more average estimate. Do make sure you switch weapon type (two for melee and two for ranged)
I only just begun the game today, so I can't tell more than that.

I did find this as a 'guide' https://www.trueachievements.com/a224054/superhuman-achievement . Apparently the game doesn't need much of a guide.

*edit*

I just achieved the platinum trophy. It took me 26 hours in total.
I used the starting sword and staring gun until I had swung my sword 8000 times. By this time I had shot the gun 4500 times. I switched to a longsword and stuck with it for the rest of the game. I used the weapon called Seben when I could craft it and at the end of the game I switched to neinzein when I could craft that. I also had the luck to be able to craft a fire element for this latter version, which helped out a bit as well.

To get 8000 uses from a weapon you don't have to hit an enemy, just use it. The first gun is quite suited for simply firing 8000 shots, it has a good reload and a magazine of 25 shots which all need to be fired manually, which is exactly what you need for this. The bow I didn't like that much, when going for 8000 uses with the bow, you need to shoot the bow. Doing a kick attack serves no purpose at all. My bow could fire 160 arrows a minute so that'll be a boring 50 minutes.

I beat the story line at level 61 and finished the entire game at level 76. When you can craft the exp up accessory, do so, equip it and never take it off. Equip frost cut when going to alaska, fire cut when going into the lave cave, death cut when facing a grim reaper and paralyze cut in the areas which paralyze you. Otherwise, just keep the material hoarder equipped.

When failing a new story mission, the timer stays at 0 until you manually start that mission yourself. I used this to get as many free missions done as were available.

There are a few free missions which I had trouble clearing with A and S rank. One in particular called 'respect, pity, grief' was a real pain, until I had the neinzein weapon and was able to win without getting hit at all. Took a bit of practice, but it worked out in the end.

Sorry, I know it's been a while but can you remember if its just one of every type? (example, 1 bow, 1 gun, 1 sword, 1 broadsword

Also, is there a stat screen to show exactly how many bullets fired, etc?

Edited by Ninja-Sara-X

7 hours ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Sorry, I know it's been a while but can you remember if its just one of every type? (example, 1 bow, 1 gun, 1 sword, 1 broadsword

Also, is there a stat screen to show exactly how many bullets fired, etc?

One of every type. Any bow will do for the bow trophy, any broadsword for broadsword swings, etc. Swapping out one bow for another is totally fine as well. Some weapons are faster than others, in terms of swing speed, bullet clip, reload, arrow count, try a few. You don't need to hit an enemy, every swing and shot counts.

As for a stat screen showing how many you have so far. Reading my own post I mention I had 4500 bullets fired, knowing me I didn't count that myself, so there should a status screen with that info. Though I have no idea anymore where.
I tried to look up a bit, still guessing though: since the weapon uses are for unlocking skills. There's probably a screen which says which skills are unlocked and which aren't yet, but have info about where/how to unlock. Weapon uses is probably mentioned there.

Edited by de_digibeet
  • Like 2