My plats and 100%s

madbuk

[Credit to  A-Brawl3r's thread, it was inspiration to do my own]

[Decided to add 100%s. Trophy shown will be last trophy earned.]

Platinum #1 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

1S10028e.png

Very fun game, would recommend to anyone. Bit on the short side.

100% - Sly Minigames

4S85bfa0.png

I was very glad I didn't need a PS Move, despite them being advertised as "Playstation move mini-games!"

Platinum #2 - Tomb Raider: Legend

1S8a5013.png

IMO, Uncharted got it's inspiration from Tomb Raider, the platforming is a lot alike (and then later Tomb Raider took inspiration from Uncharted's gunplay). Again, a very fun game. And it's also on the short side, The final boss was a let down - even on Hard it was easy.

Platinum #3 - LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

1Sd59a01.png

Love the images LEGO games make for their trophies. They're so shiny. I loved exploring the overworld finding every gold brick in this game. Great addition to the LEGO series.

Platinum #4 - Ratchet & Clank

1Sb0280e.png

Ah yes, that lovely image that every Ratchet game besides 2 have for their platinum. Fun game, but also very frustrating because of checkpoints and no strafing.

Platinum #5 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves

1S10028e.png

2 years after my Sly 1 plat, Sly 4 was announced. This gave me the motivation to finish Sly 2 and 3 off. I didn't really enjoy Sly 2 as much as I did Sly 1/4. 3 was the worst IMO. I would've liked a trophy for opening all the safes.

Platinum #6 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

1S10028e.png

Time to find out why I didn't like it.They took away the clue bottles, which really annoyed me. I loved getting the clues as soon as you reach a new Episode. It let you learn the overworld you were in, and it was just genuinely fun to do. I would've taken them over the 'Master Thief Challenges' anyday. Not because the challenges were difficult - they were just plain boring with the exception of the platforming ones where you have a time limit. The cooper vault level stood out as the best, while the pirate level was the worst. I hated the ship battles.

Platinum #7 - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

1Sf8d858.png

Writing the list out has made me realize I had a marathon of the Sony Mascots. I did a Ratchet plat, 2 Sly plats and now a Jak plat. And they were all incredibly fun, because while Sly 3 may not be the best game ever, it was still fun. Jak and Daxter had a lot of what I love in gaming (if it's pulled off right) - collectibles. Even if it hadn't been required for plat, I would've 100%ed this anyway. It was so much fun, but too short.

Platinum #8 - Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando

1Sb0280e.png

I feel obligated to point out the name of this plat - He want Commando. What a great title for a plat. Shame about the image. This is my second favourite Ratchet game. Can you guess which I like best? That's right, it's Deadlocked. What? You thought I would say Up Your Arsenal? Rants on that coming soon! We still need Deadlocked to arrive over here *grumble grumble*

Platinum #9 - Tomb Raider: Anniversary

1S8a5013.png

What is it with HD trilogies all having the same image!? Regardless, this is my favourite Tomb Raider title. The puzzles were complex enough to make you think, but not make you overly frustrated. There was little combat compared to Legend, which I liked, and it was all about the platforming.

Platinum #10 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

1S6a25ec.png

God yes. Almost 8 years of awaiting a new Sly game, and it finally arrived. And it was brilliant. Among my favorite games of all time. And it actually rewards you for getting the plat. That's something I've noticed with Sanzaru - If you get all 3 platinums in the collection, you get a reward. If you get the plat in Sly 4, you get a reward. And the reward opens up to a sequel - even better!

100% - ARKEDO Series - 01 Jump!

9Sa169bc.png

I had money left in my account and, on a whim, bought this game. It was really fun and challenging. Once you get the hang of it, you can beat it pretty quickly.

100% - Bentley's Hackpack

15S4f9c55.png

Such a fun game to play. Worth every penny.

Platinum #11 - Tomb Raider

1S171484.png

Marvelous game. Almost perfect, but like a lot of companies these days, they added on a stupid multiplayer. Why? Do you honestly think people will prefer MP DLC over SP? Do companies really have that little sense these days? That is why Anniversary beats this game in my books.

100% - Thomas Was Alone

1Sb60a2f.png

Poor Thomas :( Fun game, got it off PS+. Shame DLC didn't have trophies - and I never thought I would say that about DLC

Platinum #12 - inFAMOUS 2

1S4a0133.png

Lovely platiinum. This was offered free on PS+, and I took it not expecting much from it. I just wanted an easy platinum. And I got to say, this is a very fun game. I have a 40gig PS3, so I had to delete it afterwards and it was a very sad moment. I will miss it. I can#t say much about story, as I haven't played the first (yet!) though it is a very story-driven game.

100% - The Cave

7S816ec4.png

As this game required the minimum of 5 playthroughs, I used a guide for missable trophies and the optimal characters to choose to reduce number of required playthroughs. At least this had character specific dungeons, which made replaying a bit more interesting. Nice indie platformer from PS+, would recommend even if you missed it and had to pay.

Platinum #13 - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

1S404b41.png

I didn't understand what was going on, as I've never seen PotC (any of them) but it was fun anyway. Not the best of the LEGOs though (not the worst, that's coming up)

Platinum #14 - Jak 3

1Sf8d858.png

Wut? I miseed Jak II? Well, tbh I don't know why I did this first. I think it's because I found the perfect mission to do the Dark Jak orb glitch on (don't hate on me! I'm not skilled enough to do this legit and I have a huge backlog). This game was better than Jak II as well.

Platinum #15 - Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock

1S49b501.png

Yay, I'm a Time Lord! I love Doctor Who, and loved this game, but River was an awful AI. This also meets my time to plat of Jak and Daxter (both are 1 day, 19 hours but Jak and Daxter is still placed as my fastest. Must've been off by mere minutes.

Platinum #16 - Sonic Generations

1Sbde55a.png

Those challenges were very dull. Very. But other than that, a very fun game. And, is classic sonic swearing at me? That looks like his middle finger...

Platinum #17 - Tomb Raider: Underworld

1Sec181a.png

Lara loves bumping into invisible walls. I've learnt that now. The cliff-hanger at the very start really didn't worry me too much. I knew Zip wasn't going to kill Lara (extremely mild spoiler, didn't deserve a tag). Lara can't die - then where would the franchise be? (*cough* it was already in ruins at this point *cough*) Fun game, though many disagree with me there.

Platinum #18 - Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

1Se3657b.png

Fun fact: Originally going to be called Clock Blockers. Fun game, got plat rather quickly (the 2 years is because I hired the game and didn't own it till a lot later) and rivals Deadlocked for best Ratchet title (doesn't quite win though).

100% - ARKEDO Series 03 - PIXEL!

11Sfc9304.png

Fun game, pretty tough and the trophy shown was a pain, which is why I obtained it last. ARKEDO Series - 02 SWAP! should be finished soon, one grinding trophy to go. Heard it took one guy 9 hours. In for a lovely time....

Platinum #19 - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

1Sb0280e.png

I truly don't get why people hate on this. Sure, the gameplay was different and story subpar, but I loved how levels felt connected via story and I honestly had fun with it, even though it was all via single-player. The co-op trophy came last as I find using 2 controllers at once a tad difficult.

Platinum #20 - Jak II

1Sf8d858.png

Woah, new banner image. It used to be Jak riding a vehicle. I like the new one. The challenges were insanely difficult, and I shamefully used the orb glitch. But hey, a plat is a plat. Right? Right?

100% - Tekken Revolution

12S5ebe2a.png

I think this is the first fighting game I've played. I couldn't say I enjoyed it - but I didn't dislike it either. I didn't play it during the 8 days I had to sign in extra for the trophy shown. The point of a 10 day trophy is?

Platinum #21 - Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

1Sb0280e.png

IMO, easily the worst in the trilogy. I realize I'm the only one with this opinion, but hear me out. Getting level 10 on every weapon sucked and was very tedious. The only redeeming factor is that because it took so bloody long, I maxed out my nanotech during it and didn't have to grind that. The sewer crystals were worse then both crystal areas in Going Commando combined. and the RY3NO doesn't beat the original RYNO from R&C1.

Platinum #22 - LEGO The Lord of the Rings

1S05d5ea.png

Oddly, I didn't really enjoy this. It had everything I loved - a massive overworld, tons of collectibles, a large array of characters, and yet it just wasn't fun during Free Play. Maybe the first time around it was, but not the second. I think the levels may have been a bit too long, don't know.

Platinum #23 - LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4

1S410111.png

This game was incredible. Very fun, and nostalgic too. It brought back memories of my watching Harry Potter in 2001, and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was my first proper read (If I remember correctly) I'm stuck in a vicious cycle trying to get the plat in 5-7 though. I need a key character, to get a key character I need a dark character. Dark characters cost a lot, and there is no point redoing levels until I get a key character, so I'm left with nothing to do. I will have to grind 1mil bolts just to get a dark character. Joy.

100% - Back to the Future - Episode 1: It's About Time

1Secef30.png

I used a guide for this to get it done as quickly as possible. I saw it free on US PSN store after creating my american account and snagged it. Wasn't very enjoyable IMO. Shame episodes 2-5 aren't free. (And what's with it being free on the US side but not the EU side?)

100% - .detuned

9S111f01.png

Pro tip: Don't buy this. Rob is creepy and it's over in 30 minutes. It only took me 11 hours because I had to go and then had to find a free soundtrack for the trophy shown. I chose Mirror's Edge - Main Theme.

100% - ARKEDO Series 02 - SWAP!

9Sd19175.png

My God. This damn trophy took eleven hours. ELEVEN HOURS!!!

This was nothing like ARKEDO 1/3, and was enjoyable up until the grinding I had to do for this trophy. And it's only a bronze! If you don't want to harm your completion rate, don't pick up this game. Thank fu** it's over.

100% - MLB 13: The Show - Home Derby Edition

3S025385.png

Um... Yep. I played this game... and sports game is my least favourite genre - worse than FPS. But hey, it was free (thanks to Parker for telling us)

Platinum #24 - Rayman Origins

1Sf13e35.png

Finally decided to get a new platinum, after the streak of 100%s I got recently (3 in a row is totally a steak). This was a very fun game, and the time challenges weren't too tough. Enjoyed it.

Platinum #25 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

1Scf35c1.png

Crushing was a pain, and I got a class A bug on my way to Survivor so had to restart that, but other than those 2 trophies this was pretty easy. Can't say the same about the DLC though - I can't consider this game off my backlog until I get all those trophies, which'll be a while. Ah well, at least I got the platinum.

100% - Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone

13Sbc2eb1.png

As with Back to the Future episode 1, I didn't enjoy this game much. IMO, point and click games should be reserved for computers, phones, handhelds or tablets. Broken sword is great on my iPhone, don't know why I couldn't get into these 2 games. Maybe because I used a guide to get the trophies and finish the game as quickly as possible? Either way, they're both free (BttF exclusive to the US) and if you're looking for some easy trophies, these are great.

Platinum #26 - ICO

1Sb47807.png

When I first started this game, I had heard how hard of a plat it was, how annoying Yorda can be, and it put me off from playing. I probably wouldn't have played it at all had I not already had a trophy in it (thus it was affecting my completion %) The 2 hour trophy may be a pain, but other tha that the game was rather enjoyable. I just wish that combat hadn't existed - then it would be a puzzle/platformer and not a game where you need to fight every other minute.

DLC - The Muppet's DLC (Little Big Planet 2)

63S9c3ade.png

My first DLC 100%ed. Huge, huge thanks to shawnbenham. With his (her?) help, i didn't even have to do anything. I didn't even need to buy the DLC :yay: This has also raised my completion % to 69.33. So close to 70.

DLC - Cagney Update (Burnout Paradise)

54S26ae80.png

I got these trophies without trying, for the most part. Big thanks to Linux for helping with these... Nothing more to say really.

Platinum #27 - Little Big Planet Karting

1S3fe170.png

A fun game, and an easy Ultra Rare plat. The Adventure Continues was so damn tedious though, not to mention 24 hours in Create mode. Story was fun, but overall I'm glad it's finished.

Platinum #28 - LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7

1S1a681a.png

This game had the same problem LEGO The Lord of the Rings had. Fun main game, tedious post-game. Glad it is over...

There's all my platinums and 100%s thus far, and my thoughts on the games they're from. I wonder what'll be next...

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 4

I can see some patterns in the games you have platted :D.

Good start to the list, hope you continue building it up. You should also give yourself an avatar so people here can start to get to know you better.

Made one. a Nintendo character as an avatar on a sony-related site. What could possibly go wrong? (Sly was too big)

Nice Dr. Who Plat. i have the game but got stuck on the cyberman part and then gave up. Any tips?

The bit where you're running away inside the Cyberfactory or inside the building with River?

Edited by madbuk

100% - .detuned

9L01dd36.png

Pro tip: Don't buy this. Rob is creepy and it's over in 30 minutes. It only took me 11 hours because I had to go and then had to find a free soundtrack for the trophy shown. I chose Mirror's Edge - Main Theme.

Made one. a Nintendo character as an avatar on a sony-related site. What could possibly go wrong? (Sly was too big)

The bit where you're running away inside the Cyberfactory or inside the building with River?

While Using River. I hate that part because one one did a walkthrough about it. I gave up at that spot

100% - .detuned

9L01dd36.png

Detuned it easy and not really time consuming but can be a pain if you didnt know what to do. I did it in 5 min because i acedently used ps button

While Using River. I hate that part because one one did a walkthrough about it. I gave up at that spot

Detuned it easy and not really time consuming but can be a pain if you didnt know what to do. I did it in 5 min because i acedently used ps button

My memory is a little hazy, as the Dr Who plat was a while ago, but IIRC, there should be glass on your right. Ruver can shoot through that, and carry on until you reach the elevator and get to the top floor. The 2 minigames that await you are more about memorization, as I found them to be exactly the same after I failed (it's the one where you open/shut things to light things up, right?)

Good luck, is this your Hard playthrough? If so, you'll breeze through it on easy when doing the 300 minutes trophy. Good luck

100% - ARKEDO Series 02 - SWAP!

9L3a8c2d.png

My God. This damn trophy took eleven hours. ELEVEN HOURS!!!

This was nothing like ARKEDO 1/3, and was enjoyable up until the grinding I had to do for this trophy. And it's only a bronze! If you don't want to harm your completion rate, don't pick up this game. Thank fu** it's over.

• 2 weeks later...

100% - MLB 13: The Show - Home Derby Edition

3L4c5032.png

Um... Yep. I played this game... and sports game is my least favourite genre - worse than FPS. But hey, it was free (thanks to Parker for telling us)

Platinum #24 - Rayman Origins

1L920a0a.png

Finally decided to get a new platinum, after the streak of 100%s I got recently (3 in a row is totally a steak). This was a very fun game, and the time challenges weren't too tough. Enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #25 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

1L3a97ae.png

Crushing was a pain, and I got a class A bug on my way to Survivor so had to restart that, but other than those 2 trophies this was pretty easy. Can't say the same about the DLC though - I can't consider this game off my backlog until I get all those trophies, which'll be a while. Ah well, at least I got the platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

100% - Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone

13L979d28.png

As with Back to the Future episode 1, I didn't enjoy this game much. IMO, point and click games should be reserved for computers, phones, handhelds or tablets. Broken sword is great on my iPhone, don't know why I couldn't get into these 2 games. Maybe because I used a guide to get the trophies and finish the game as quickly as possible? Either way, they're both free (BttF exclusive to the US) and if you're looking for some easy trophies, these are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #26 - ICO

1L59fcfa.png

When I first started this game, I had heard how hard of a plat it was, how annoying Yorda can be, and it put me off from playing. I probably wouldn't have played it at all had I not already had a trophy in it (thus it was affecting my completion %) The 2 hour trophy may be a pain, but other tha that the game was rather enjoyable. I just wish that combat hadn't existed - then it would be a puzzle/platformer and not a game where you need to fight every other minute.

DLC - The Muppet's DLC (Little Big Planet 2)

63L10af38.png

My first DLC 100%ed. Huge, huge thanks to shawnbenham. With his (her?) help, i didn't even have to do anything. I didn't even need to buy the DLC :yay: This has also raised my completion % to 69.33. So close to 70.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...