SteelBook Edition Games

TrophyChief

58 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

An FYI for any steelbook hunters out there..I ordered the Mass Effect Legendary Collection from Best Buy,  just got an email that they are adding a steelbook (the one that is also in the collector's edition) to my order

I preordered the ME Legendary edition from Best Buy too. Will be on the lookout for a possible steelbook. Nothing yet. You have a link showing one is available with preorder?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

I preordered the ME Legendary edition from Best Buy too. Will be on the lookout for a possible steelbook. Nothing yet. You have a link showing one is available with preorder?

All I had was a screenshot of my own email I received. But this link here is a thread with best buy support where it's mentioned that orders prior to the announcement of it will retroactively receive it. I'd just keep an eye on your emails and order status because on the website/app it shows the steelbook added to the order

Here's the link: 

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Mass-Effect-LE-steel-book-question/m-p/1380791/thread-id/56026?device-view=desktop

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

All I had was a screenshot of my own email I received. But this link here is a thread with best buy support where it's mentioned that orders prior to the announcement of it will retroactively receive it. I'd just keep an eye on your emails and order status because on the website/app it shows the steelbook added to the order

Here's the link: 

https://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Mass-Effect-LE-steel-book-question/m-p/1380791/thread-id/56026?device-view=desktop

Hmmm I wonder if I should risk the biscuit and see if Canada will get a steelbook as well 

On 3/11/2021 at 4:49 PM, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

An FYI for any steelbook hunters out there..I ordered the Mass Effect Legendary Collection from Best Buy,  just got an email that they are adding a steelbook (the one that is also in the collector's edition) to my order

Just got my message. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you for choosing Best Buy to order MASS EFFECT Legendary Edition PlayStation 4 PlayStation 5. We noticed that your order is missing the Mass Effect Remastered Steelbook, that was included with your purchase. We just wanted to let you know that we have added it to your order, free of charge.

There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support. 

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Just got my message. Thanks for the heads up!

Thank you for choosing Best Buy to order MASS EFFECT Legendary Edition PlayStation 4 PlayStation 5. We noticed that your order is missing the Mass Effect Remastered Steelbook, that was included with your purchase. We just wanted to let you know that we have added it to your order, free of charge.

There's nothing else you need to do. We hope you enjoy your game and we value your continued support. 

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

Nice! Glad you landed one, it's a nice looking one too. I wish I would've picked up the whole Collector's Edition but I had to be choosy, so the free Steel was a win. Best Buy has really been surprising me with that lately. They did the same with Persona 5 Strikers, I hope they keep this up because I will gladly continue to make those purchases. 

I hope Horizon Forbidden West, Scarlet Nexus and these other upcoming games get some, I feel like the next gen games have been pretty light with steels and special editions so far. Really surprised demon souls remake didn't get something fancy

Agreed, got the LEGO Skywalker Saga and Resident Evil Village steels reserved at Best Buy. Wanting one for Horizon West. Wished Ratchet & Clank Rift would have one.

What are people’s thoughts on custom steelbooks? Like? Dislike?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Agreed, got the LEGO Skywalker Saga and Resident Evil Village steels reserved at Best Buy. Wanting one for Horizon West. Wished Ratchet & Clank Rift would have one.

Don't forget Deathloop it has a steelbook free with preorder at BB.

I personally dislike custom ones. I make sure to not get any.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Mass Effect is the only one I have from Best Buy on order at the moment, but I also have the CE for NieR Replicant and a steel edition for Cross Code pending too.

I have 2 custom, but I don't flaunt them like they are real, I make sure if I display them or post them on my gaming page that it's known they are custom, and they are for 2 games that don't have their own steelbooks, so I don't feel like its taking away from the existing works of art that were tailored to that game.

One of them is Final Fantasy XIII. The original of the trilogy didn't have a steel, but XIII-2 and Lightning Returns did. So I thought it would be a nice way to "round out" the trilogy.

My other one is The Last Remnant Remastered. This game came out on PC and 360, the PS3 version never made it out. The Remaster finally came to the PS4 but only digital, and the original game didn't have a steel so once again, it's just me showing some love to a game I really enjoyed.

I just dislike how some people market them like on eBay, it's very easy for someone who isn't aware of fakes or custom work to buy one and not realize. I think if you really enjoy a game/series and want something to show that appreciation then by all means, I mean people do custom artwork all the time, this is simply just a different medium. But I draw the line when it comes to passing off custom work as the real deal.

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I just dislike how some people market them like on eBay, it's very easy for someone who isn't aware of fakes or custom work to buy one and not realize. I think if you really enjoy a game/series and want something to show that appreciation then by all means, I mean people do custom artwork all the time, this is simply just a different medium. But I draw the line when it comes to passing off custom work as the real deal.

Agree with this sentiment. As a collector, you have to do some research and be diligent on what’s authentic and non custom made. There are cool custom art around but you have to know which is original and packaged with the game then you can make an informed purchase decision. I got one for Uncharted Lost Legacy since it didn’t have one but got the Uncharted 4 and the Nathan Drake Collection steelbooks. I like the series. 

Another thing I have noticed is that different regions have different steelbooks and some different retailers have exclusive ones too. Man, it can be difficult to find which is which, but fun looking around. ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Agree with this sentiment. As a collector, you have to do some research and be diligent on what’s authentic and non custom made. There are cool custom art around but you have to know which is original and packaged with the game then you can make an informed purchase decision. I got one for Uncharted Lost Legacy since it didn’t have one but got the Uncharted 4 and the Nathan Drake Collection steelbooks. I like the series. 

Another thing I have noticed is that different regions have different steelbooks and some different retailers have exclusive ones too. Man, it can be difficult to find which is which, but fun looking around. 1f603.png

Yeah the region thing does kinda add to the "hunt" a bit, as I've picked up some awesome ones that are exclusive to certain areas. I try to get them in pre-orders but my usual rule of thumb is to only buy steels for the games I own, with a new game im getting, or if its a game or series i really enjoy/interested in playing. 

Also, side note, your completion % is insane! I'm almost at 65% which is a huge improvement from when I started using this site I was in the low 30s..but that number is crazy its almost perfect

• 2 months later...

Due to finances and space I've mostly stopped buying physical games except from Steelbooks. Usually I only focus on Sony first party but there are a few that have slipped through the filter because I just like the look of them.

You NA'ers make me so envious, you get a lot of steelbooks we don't get in the UK (cries in Mass Effect Legendary Edition) 

When I've got some time, maybe I'll post a picture to show you guys and welcome any recommendations you think I should have that have slipped my mind.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...