Uncharted 3 Subway Promotion?

Beginning this weekend, those who buy specially marked 30 oz. drinks will get a code that can be redeemed online through a special Subway promotional site. The redeem site goes live Friday and most stores will have cups then, too; the promotion runs through the month of October.

Source: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/09/subway-holds-secret-to-getting-early-uncharted-3-access/1

Had no idea this was going on. Early access to Uncharted 3 for the price of a 30oz drink? Anyone have any more details on this? When does the early access start?

Might just have to make my way to a Subway sometime tomorrow after work for a drink. ;)

So I went to Subway after work, demanded a special Uncharted 3 30oz cup, got a normal cup, they said it's starting tomorrow, got my money back (it was a serve yourself kind of thing, the cup was untainted, otherwise I wouldn't have asked for a refund and would've just chalked it up as a loss)... but I felt embarrassed for going into Subway solely for the Uncharted cup. In my defense, they had Uncharted 3 and the promotion advertised all over the damn place. :)

But I'll be trying again tomorrow or Sunday. This sort of thing is what the weekend is for.

Reading through the comments of that, it sounds like if you can get your hands on a code and make a US PSN account (if you don't already have one lol) to redeem/download/install the client... you can then hop on your local PSN account and play.

I'm debating stopping and grabbing one or two of these cups from a Subway either tonight or sometime this week (the early access runs all through October, until the 31st)... and doing like a little unofficial Uncharted PSNP contest for them, since not everyone here has access to a Subway or the promotion. Maybe whoever adds the most tips of accurate, well-written quality (judged by yours truly) to the Uncharted games on PSNP, meaning the requirements to this are having many Uncharted 1 and 2 trophies and an active knowledge/interest in the game.

If I set something up like that, would anyone participate? I suppose worst-come-to-worst I get some beverages and possibly a in-game reward if no one participates, but it'd be fun if people did take part in something like this.

Reading through the comments of that, it sounds like if you can get your hands on a code and make a US PSN account (if you don't already have one lol) to redeem/download/install the client... you can then hop on your local PSN account and play.

I'm debating stopping and grabbing one or two of these cups from a Subway either tonight or sometime this week (the early access runs all through October, until the 31st)... and doing like a little unofficial Uncharted PSNP contest for them, since not everyone here has access to a Subway or the promotion. Maybe whoever adds the most tips of accurate, well-written quality (judged by yours truly) to the Uncharted games on PSNP, meaning the requirements to this are having many Uncharted 1 and 2 trophies and an active knowledge/interest in the game.

If I set something up like that, would anyone participate? I suppose worst-come-to-worst I get some beverages and possibly a in-game reward if no one participates, but it'd be fun if people did take part in something like this.

Yes, but you can't use it on EU copy

Yes, but you can't use it on EU copy

Care to elaborate? EU IP addresses cannot connect to the UC3 servers? Everything else would be done under the guise of a US PSN account.

EDIT: I'm talking about access to the UC3 multiplayer early access... not whatever stupid items Subway is offering.

Care to elaborate? EU IP addresses cannot connect to the UC3 servers? Everything else would be done under the guise of a US PSN account.

EDIT: I'm talking about access to the UC3 multiplayer early access... not whatever stupid items Subway is offering.

If you only objective is to get access to Multi-player for UC3 is getting a code from someone in US and using it on your US account a possibility

Europe, South Africa, The Middle East, Australia and New Zealand will be able to join in this via PSN+ as all PSN+ users in the regions stated also get the Multiplayer Experience early, They also said this is multiplayer only and none of the co-op stuff.

This comes into effect from October the 5th when they update the store