Astray404

Astray404's trophy shelf

9 posts in this topic

*looks at backlog*

giphy.gif

Edited by AK-1138
Added some (con)text... I've had posts deleted in the past for posting only GIFs so just covering my bases here.

That's some fine list,well done!

I got a question, for when you reach AC Chronicles : I wish to know how you feel about that trilogy after you beat it :) Especially since I see you completed lots of AC games.

Best of luck in your endeavour!

3 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

*looks at backlog*

My thoughts exactly 😂 I have more games in my to do list than I have finished at the moment. 

48 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I got a question, for when you reach AC Chronicles : I wish to know how you feel about that trilogy after you beat it :) Especially since I see you completed lots of AC games.

AC Chronicles will be my next game after I finish SoTTR. I watched several gameplay videos before, and I found although the story narration is not attracting, the gameplay is pretty solid. Hope I'll enjoy this game lol

On 11/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Copanele said:

I've finished first 4 sequences of AC Chronicles China and I decided not to take my time on this trilogy.

TBH when talk about gameplay, I don't even think AC series are good and fun to play, especially due to their camera angles, weird platforming jumps/drops and "straightforward" 100% sync conditions. I personally think that AC Odyssey has the best gameplay because Ubisoft had removed plenty of platforming since Origins (finally Ubisoft realized that they just can't design a platforming system that players can control their characters without difficulty), and Odyssey has a better assassination indicator than Origins.

AC Chronicles has a much better gameplay than most other AC games, since there is no stupid camera angles (BECAUSE IT IS 2D!) and it's simple, but it's not flawless and the control issue could bother you for a long time. This is how those developers assign the buttons: Left and Right stick will move your character (of course); Up is for both climbing and doing actions like saving slaves, opening doors or hiding in a haystack; Down is for climbing down; dpad is for sub-weapons such as knifes and whistles. You cannot re-assign buttons. See? Here comes the problem:

1) If you want to interact with some objects while there are ladders (or a bridge leading to other platforms), you have to aim carefully because a wrong button input could ruin your score.

2) Sometimes you want to slide to the left but you mistakenly push the stick a lil bit to the up, so the character will climb up (and sometimes being caught by guards). Although this is a common issue for most 2D games, if I could re-assign buttons this could be totally solved, but this could be solved at the beginning if developers could design this game wisely. I could remember some old 2D Tomb Raider games on GBC and NDS, in which when Lara is grabbing the ledge, you press the B button to climb up and get on the platform. This could remove a lot of mis-input on the left analog stick.

I've watched lots of AVGN videos, and Mr. Nerd does criticize lots of stupid game designs in those 2D games decades ago. It is 2010s right now and we are almost hitting 2020, so there should be no more sh**ty controls in 2D games, right? Until I played this game. 😑

I feel ya on this, many experienced that issue. I was curious on your input since I rarely see people playing this. 

Weirdly enough I quite enjoyed the trilogy just because I am forced to actually be an assassin compared to destroyer of worlds ezio the immortal. But yes apart from that the games were pretty pointless. 

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I feel ya on this, many experienced that issue. I was curious on your input since I rarely see people playing this. 

Weirdly enough I quite enjoyed the trilogy just because I am forced to actually be an assassin compared to destroyer of worlds ezio the immortal. But yes apart from that the games were pretty pointless. 

I found the stage design challenging but fun to play as assassin or shadow, but the stick issue frustrates me a lot, especially when I try to get the max score as shadow without killing any one except those gold guards. Maybe years later I could try this one more time lol.