Need some advice ( Red Dead 2 online trophies )

vettysupreme

I'm only 23% through the game and haven't touched Red Dead at all for 7-8 months mainly because I had a period where I stopped playing games. Iv'e only started playing again since FIFA & MW were released.

Basically I want to know what's the quickest way to get the Notorious (Reach Rank 50 trophy)

Does the following link still work for boosting level? if it does work is there a quicker way? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkiwv-ds4AE

Also if anyone else has any tips to get the other online trophies? only ones I have at the moment are Picked to Perfection & Posse Up. Any help would be much appreciated!

So this is probably the fastest....

In my testing, I've been getting around 6000 xp /hr. Don't know where that guy gets the 12,000 number... Maybe with better perks I guess. But it is still pretty fast.

Collecting collectibles and turning in full sets is supposed to be pretty fast too but that takes a lot of practice and they change locations based on the day of the week. Lots of money from this method though.

You can do bounties and wait till the timer drops under two minutes to turn them in for maximum xp. While waiting for the clock to tick down, hunt animals and kill the bounties lackey's for bonus xp. Nets around 4k xp /hr with some luck. Way more fun than the method in the video IMO.

Also replaying story missions can net 2-3k xp /hr. Less efficient but a lot more fun.

PvP gives good xp as well but it's based on skill so it could go either way.

This is all based of testing I did myself just today lol. There might be faster ways but these are the best I've found.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

So this is probably the fastest....

In my testing, I've been getting around 6000 xp /hr. Don't know where that guy gets the 12,000 number... Maybe with better perks I guess. But it is still pretty fast.

Collecting collectibles and turning in full sets is supposed to be pretty fast too but that takes a lot of practice and they change locations based on the day of the week. Lots of money from this method though.

You can do bounties and wait till the timer drops under two minutes to turn them in for maximum xp. While waiting for the clock to tick down, hunt animals and kill the bounties lackey's for bonus xp. Nets around 4k xp /hr with some luck. Way more fun than the method in the video IMO.

Also replaying story missions can net 2-3k xp /hr. Less efficient but a lot more fun.

PvP gives good xp as well but it's based on skill so it could go either way.

This is all based of testing I did myself just today lol. There might be faster ways but these are the best I've found.

I'll try the link you provided thank you. I have no clue about online RDR2, when you run out of bullets is it just like story mode where you find an ammunition shop and stock back up again? also I thought RDR2 online would be extremely easy since I'm very good at COD, but I got the shock of my life when I first played it this was ages ago though. Since then I haven't played it once and I know for a fact hundreds, possibly thousands have mastered it so I'm a little bit worried ranking up that way.

54 minutes ago, Supremeldios said:

I'll try the link you provided thank you. I have no clue about online RDR2, when you run out of bullets is it just like story mode where you find an ammunition shop and stock back up again? also I thought RDR2 online would be extremely easy since I'm very good at COD, but I got the shock of my life when I first played it this was ages ago though. Since then I haven't played it once and I know for a fact hundreds, possibly thousands have mastered it so I'm a little bit worried ranking up that way.

Yeah if you run out of ammo you need to restock. You can go to a gun store, or "order" them through a menu and pick them up at a post office / camp.

The PvP is pretty brutal so you're better off just doing regular stuff lol.

7 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

How much xp does it take to reach rank 50? I cant find an xp chart anywhere

Like 185k-ish I think.

I'm at 167k right now and only 3 levels to go. Each level is 4500-5000 at this point. So a bit over 180k I guess.

Edited by KingGuy420

On 11/11/2019 at 10:39 AM, KingGuy420 said:

Did all the collectibles tonight just to see if it's as good a method as everyone says. Took me about 7 hours, got 60,000 XP and about 4000$. I'd say it's the fastest method for $ and XP. I seriously gained like 14 levels. Probably pop the 50 tomorrow.

Trying to read up on RDR:O so any help is appreciated, am I right in thinking every day there are 164 collectibles to pick up, which as you have said will get you about 60K XP.

Meaning three days of collecting these items (3x60K=180K XP) to hit rank 50? If its 7 hours per day thats 21 hours to rank 50?

27 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Trying to read up on RDR:O so any help is appreciated, am I right in thinking every day there are 164 collectibles to pick up, which as you have said will get you about 60K XP.

Meaning three days of collecting these items (3x60K=180K XP) to hit rank 50? If its 7 hours per day thats 21 hours to rank 50?

They do come back everyday.

You need to have the Collector Profession open to redeem them, so add on however long it takes to open that. Also I had a really good horse which helped in the time. I wouldn't exactly bank on 21 hours.

The plant collectible set actually has doubles so I ended up picking up 204 collectibles that day. So that was some extra xp too.

Each individual collectible gives 100-400 xp when you pick it up, seems random. Then each set you turn in gives a flat 1500xp and there's 14 sets. Plus the animals and enemies I killed along the way. The 60k might not be consistent but it won't be too far off.

But yeah, either way I'd say it's the fastest. Plus it gives you large amounts of cash, which you also need quite a bit of for the plat lol.

50 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

They do come back everyday.

You need to have the Collector Profession open to redeem them, so add on however long it takes to open that. Also I had a really good horse which helped in the time. I wouldn't exactly bank on 21 hours.

The plant collectible set actually has doubles so I ended up picking up 204 collectibles that day. So that was some extra xp too.

Each individual collectible gives 100-400 xp when you pick it up, seems random. Then each set you turn in gives a flat 1500xp and there's 14 sets. Plus the animals and enemies I killed along the way. The 60k might not be consistent but it won't be too far off.

But yeah, either way I'd say it's the fastest. Plus it gives you large amounts of cash, which you also need quite a bit of for the plat lol.

Which trophy do you need money for?

52 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Which trophy do you need money for?

Upgrade camp 5 times, own 5 horses, start a persistent posse, and craft special ammo.

Also some of the collectibles need the shovel and the metal detector, so to get the most of out collectibles, you need to invest in those.

All in all, it's like 3500 bucks or so. But one run of all the collectibles should give enough.

Edited by KingGuy420

"Anyone still want to go for the level 50 online trophy now is a really good time cause Rockstar is enabling extra 50% xp this week which i think is the first time they have done it, last xp weeks were only 30% i believe. I recommend just playing the Elimination Series Large and camp in bushes, try to get in the top 5 and you will easily get 500+ xp per game, winning the game will net you 1300+ xp from personal experience. I only have 9 more levels to go my self which i hope to god i can get through all of it during this xp boost because i can't stand another minute of this multiplayer.

Edit: Got to level 50 (thank fuck), the xp boost helped a lot and i was consistently getting in the top 5s even winning the game quite a few times. Now all i have left to do is the annoying gold rush trophy."

This is a post i made months ago when i went for the Notorious trophy, playing during the xp boost weekends is key if you want to level up faster in the multiplayer. I don't know if they have changed multiplayer since then but this was the best method i found at the time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, Mi2Lethal said:

"Anyone still want to go for the level 50 online trophy now is a really good time cause Rockstar is enabling extra 50% xp this week which i think is the first time they have done it, last xp weeks were only 30% i believe. I recommend just playing the Elimination Series Large and camp in bushes, try to get in the top 5 and you will easily get 500+ xp per game, winning the game will net you 1300+ xp from personal experience. I only have 9 more levels to go my self which i hope to god i can get through all of it during this xp boost because i can't stand another minute of this multiplayer.

Edit: Got to level 50 (thank fuck), the xp boost helped a lot and i was consistently getting in the top 5s even winning the game quite a few times. Now all i have left to do is the annoying gold rush trophy."

This is a post i made months ago when i went for the Notorious trophy, playing during the xp boost weekends is key if you want to level up faster in the multiplayer. I don't know if they have changed multiplayer since then but this was the best method i found at the time.

F*** can't believe I didn't see this message I haven't touched Red Dead in 6-7 months I don't think I'll get the plat before PS5 is released, how do you know when they do 50% XP weekends? any news on that or what to follow will be much appreciated :D

Gold Rush trophy, the collectables and level 50 trophy only ones I'm really worried about doing before PS5 is released. When PS5 is released a long with tons of new games I don't want to have to spend 100 hours minimum on old games on a old console, going to have to spend a lot of time on RDR again eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, Supremeldios said:

F*** can't believe I didn't see this message I haven't touched Red Dead in 6-7 months I don't think I'll get the plat before PS5 is released, how do you know when they do 50% XP weekends? any news on that or what to follow will be much appreciated :D

Gold Rush trophy, the collectables and level 50 trophy only ones I'm really worried about doing before PS5 is released. When PS5 is released a long with tons of new games I don't want to have to spend 100 hours minimum on old games on a old console, going to have to spend a lot of time on RDR again eventually.

You need to check Rockstars twitter i'd say once a week at least, they will announce xp events there.

how good/bad is red dead online these days?

spent the past 3 months on story and am nearly done with it, all thats left for me are the animal trophies...

might need a small break before starting online and thought i ask how is it these days.

is greifing a bad problem?
is there much to do?
is the grind to level 50 here worse than GTA online level 100?

5 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

how good/bad is red dead online these days?

spent the past 3 months on story and am nearly done with it, all thats left for me are the animal trophies...

might need a small break before starting online and thought i ask how is it these days.

is greifing a bad problem?
is there much to do?
is the grind to level 50 here worse than GTA online level 100?

i too started the online today....majority of the trophies are very easy.
i need help with countering a free roam mission...can you help?
add me on PSN - bboysunny93 and mention that you found me on PSNforums

• 4 weeks later...