game completion trophy exploit/glitch

Playzocker1988

i recently found an interesting trophy glitch in the game that i wish to report. however i want to stress that i did not cheat or deliberately try to cheese or exploit the game. still, i think the find is interesting enough to note, though.

i played with a friend of mine on his console. he already platinumed the game and played with me because he liked the game amd just wanted to show it to me. i logged into my account and played with him, on his console.

suddenly, after playing for lets say 30 minutes and beating the first couple of levels, trophies started popping. i was wondering which ones it were and they were, in fact, all of the game completion trophies (including the one for completing the game on bananas difficulty even though we were playing on normal at the time).

so yeah ... lucky me, some might say, but im actually not too happy about it since im missing most of the progress trophies but have the ones for beating the game. looks like i cheated, when i fact, i did nothing the like!

10 minutes ago, Playzocker1988 said:

so yeah ... lucky me, some might say, but im actually not too happy about it since im missing most of the progress trophies but have the ones for beating the game. looks like i cheated, when i fact, i did nothing the like!

Well, I have never heard of this happening, but regardless, there are no progress trophies at all in this game. 

You can very well beat the campaign without earning a single trophy along the way, so even if this glitch happened, I don't think your timestamps look suspicious. 

Even the order in which the difficulty trophies popped is all over the place with other players too it seems... :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

ok thats great to hear ... id hate to be discredited for something i didnt do (deliberately) ... and i also dont know whether this glitch is repeatable as you need

a profile that 100%ed the game

a local co op game

a profile that didnt play the game yet

no idea whether that also works online but i dont think so otherwise people would have found out about that way sooner. also interesting to find out whether that also works for the challenge related trophies...

i tried the challenges yesterday and it did NOT work!

setup was exactly the same ... same accounts, same console, etc

we finished a challenge on normal, bananas and custon difficulty and NONE of the challenge related trophies unlocked.

however ... there was one difference in the setup. we were 3 players instead of 2. interestingly, after finishing the first challebge, the new player got credit for completing the main campaign in all difficulties. thats even mlre odd than the whole story in general. ;-)

On 11/11/2019 at 0:39 PM, Helyx said:

This is a known trick that I didn't find out until after getting 100%. I think @TheYuriG mentioned it somewhere on the forums.

Yeah, this also works for some game that i think @Shadiochao also did? Maybe i'm tagging the wrong person. Something similar also happens with Spelunky, you can pop the all chars trophy without going to hell or beating the game, if the person playing with you did such thing already. I believe I made DanielDCN pop most of the difficulty based trophies for Magicka 2 just because we played together as OP did.

At some point I intended to make a platinum account and just let people leech off that, but I ended up never going through with the idea. Having to put effort into changing the password to avoid losing the account and dealing with people messaging me all the time is just something I no longer have the desire to put up with, hence why I've shutdown my Terraria carries thread and I don't update the SSX guide either.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...