The Mandalorian

Dangisuckatgamin

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been enjoying it so far. I liked episode 4 fine, but the 5th one was kinda "meh" for me. It made me want the show to come back to the main storyline.

I'd give the show a 7/10 right now. It's basically a western set in the SW universe. A small story instead of a global conflict with giant space battles. I like that it's focused on the mandalorians and bounty hunters. I'm not the biggest SW guy. I've watched all the movies, but never really touched anything else yet. So I'm interested in these smaller stories now, and this show came out at the right time for me.

I like the original trilogy atmosphere. I like all the bits of lore here and there, most of fan service stuff and easter eggs. The music is good. 

Don't know how i feel about how short the episodes are (~30 minutes each), considering there are only 8 of them. Interested to know what other people think. Is it enough?

And a more fun question: do you think we will see Pedro Pascal's face by the end of the season? ? I think he has to take off the helmet at some point.

P.S. Baby Yoda is the best.

• Like 1

Honestly I dig the "slower episodes" that people haven't seemingly enjoyed overall. This show gives me "Samurai Jack" meets Star Wars vibes, and that's what I like about it the most.

Considering they're already filming season 2, I'm perfectly fine with the narrative not being all, "BOOM NOW THIS THING HAPPENED!" Slower times in between big moments are appreciated for me.

But I totally agree, good atmosphere, great music, and really nice look at the world away from the Skywalker story. 

I dunno if we'll see Pascal's face or not, but my bet is maybe in season 2?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Taika Waititi's style of comedy just shines in the finale's opening scene. He is the master of mixing funny moments with somber ones. Nothing feels out of place. Need to watch more of his works.

The first season left me satisfied overall. Not the most well-written show ever, but good enough. Excited to see more in 2020.

Spoiler

We might learn more about (Baby) Yoda's race and home world in season 2. I'm in.

65ce354c38982ea58e2e67d1a8bf5f21.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Disney may have dropped the ball on the new movie trilogy, but this show picked up that ball and ran it in for TD, slam dunked it, scored a goal, and hit it out of ball park all at the same time. I really hope it continues to keep the same quality in the seasons to come.