Top PS4 games to play before ps5 comes out?

riku1274

It’s no secret that the ps5 will be coming out in around 1 year from now. If you had to recommend say 5 games on the PS4 to a friend who has never played a game in this generation to play before the ps5 comes out what would they be?

I originally was going to make this for personal recommendations, but thought it would be more interesting to have people say the top 5 must play games on the PS4 before the ps5 comes out.

My recommendations to a friend would be in no particular order

Assassins Creed black Flag

Uncharted 4

God of War
the last of us remastered (yea I know it’s originally for ps3)

Kingdom Hearts 3 

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Bloodborne (even if you don't like Souls, it could be your perfect cup of tea)

Shadow of the Colossus

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Resident Evil 2 Remake

Persona 5

edit: damn my JP games bias leaks through, oh well!

Edited by nrs1nrs1

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night - a homage to Symphony of the night

Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed - so much fun

Nier Automata - weird story but very beautiful game

Axiom Verge - straight up metroid homage

Darksiders 3 - they made a lot of improvements after the release

Honorable mention goes to Bloodbourne

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

Here we go again with another hard list...

- Dying Light (especially considering https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/26/dying-light-2-cross-gen-game-techland-confirms/ — I literally swear Techland are one of the best developers this generation hands down. The ongoing support, a lot of which has been free, they've been showing to Dying Light since its release all the way back in 2015, all while developing the ambitious AAA sequel, which is looking to yet again push the innovation, has been insane. This includes the massively respectful fan feedback they've been listening to, delivering on, and communicating with us on. Amazing developers, amazing game, period).

- Gravity Rush Remastered (can't recommend the sequel first, since the prequel is too important to the storyline. Creator said he'd rather pursue a third entry on next generation, which makes being ready by experiencing the series on current gen, which mind you is currently on sale(!), that more important. It was already stellar to see how much of the current gen hardware the devs took advantage of and harnessed when jumping from PlayStation Vita to PlayStation 4—mind blowing).

- Horizon Zero Dawn (an AAA game not only uniquely and very impressively looking as great as it does on console.. but to the extent to interest Kojima of all people into using the engine that game was made on to make his own unique and innovative AAA new IP Death Stranding. The game also potentially has the best photo-mode ever incorporated in a video game of this genre. In addition, not only is it one of the current gen's best exclusives and showing of its hardware.. but it's one of the top 3 best selling exclusives this gen. Furthermore, the game is so great that Neil Drunkmann, another popular figure in the console gaming industry, did an interview with the director of HZD for the game. To top it off, a sequel for HZD is a guarantee next gen release for its overwhelming success, and it's highly anticipated).

- God of War

- TBD

The Last of us Remastered

MGSV

Horizon Zero Dawn

Jedi fallen order  "I think some people will appreciate it more than others but they did this game really well"

Hitman 1 or 2 since it includes 1

These are for sure my top 5 experiences but I will say this the ps4 is an amazing console full of a lot of very entertaining games.  Very few games I hated and when i did it was because the developers released them before they were finished.